Official What question would you like to ask Michael Beale at Friday’s press conference?

It wasn’t Beale or Sands who passed the ball straight to their baldy Japanese or dealt with the threat in a woefully powder puff fashion.

Maybe we should single out Morelos or Tav for that.

Similarly, it wasn’t Beale or Sands who let Mooy run off him before a honking attempt at dealing with the threat.

Maybe we should single out Jack for that.

Those are what directly contributed to their goals. Not Beale or Sands. Sands was poor when he came on but he never had a direct fault on the outcome of the match. That was solely related to individual errors by other players.
After hearing flanges interview it basically cemented what I am meaning,
once again I am not blaming sands performance in anyway there where lots of individual errors throughout the game however near the end of the game, the mentality changes when you bring on a defensive style player to try and see out the game, you can not play that way against them, flange said himself we knew they where on the retreat.

I’m sure you will learn from this mistake Michael fight fire with fire.

Signings out, are we shifting players out?

Morelos, kent contracts, sign or let them both walk for nothing at the ebd of the season, failure in the Ross Wilson "Player trading" there....

Something transfer related would likely make most sense, coupled with an injury update timeline.

Left field - he mentioned at the start that he might have room for one more in his back room staff. Is the plan still to add someone in this space and if so, would that be a traditional assistant manager type?

I asked him the back room staff question last Friday. Says he has promoted a few from within and is happy with what he has currently.

My usual appeal for no idiotic suggestions which will only get you sinbinned.
Does he expect outgoings as well as incomings?

Does he feel the likes of Leon King and Charlie McCann would benefit going out on loan for the rest of the season so they can get first team football every week?

*His answer to the second question, particularly regarding Leon King, might give us an indication on whether there's any truth in the rumours we're looking to bring a new centre half in. ;)

Transfer news, specifically does he have particular targets identified he wants in and what's his confidence levels on that?

After hearing flanges interview it basically cemented what I am meaning,
once again I am not blaming sands performance in anyway there where lots of individual errors throughout the game however near the end of the game, the mentality changes when you bring on a defensive style player to try and see out the game, you can not play that way against them, flange said himself we knew they where on the retreat.

I’m sure you will learn from this mistake Michael fight fire with fire.

It’s all hindsight….

If we had brought on Colak, Roofe or Arfield we could just have easily lost that second goal and folk would’ve been cracking up as to why, with only 5mins remaining of the 90, did we not hold out, sit in and protect our lead. It would’ve been a different scenario if Beake made that change with 20 mins on the clock but not 5mins remaining.

The reality is Sands or Beale wasn’t the direct cause of either of the mentally challengeds goals. That buck stops with Tav (plus Morelos) and Jack.

How close are we to the reinforcements we badly need?

Are we expecting any of the players who are injured to be back soon?

It wasn’t Beale or Sands who passed the ball straight to their baldy Japanese or dealt with the threat in a woefully powder puff fashion.

Maybe we should single out Morelos or Tav for that.

Similarly, it wasn’t Beale or Sands who let Mooy run off him before a honking attempt at dealing with the threat.

Maybe we should single out Jack for that.

Those are what directly contributed to their goals. Not Beale or Sands. Sands was poor when he came on but he never had a direct fault on the outcome of the match. That was solely related to individual errors by other players.
I disagree to an extent.
The move to bring Sands on changed us from sitting and trying to counter them 2-1 up to sitting and hoping they don’t score.
It was a negative move, which ultimately led to more pressure on us and in my eyes stopped us having any chance of extending our lead

I disagree to an extent.
The move to bring Sands on changed us from sitting and trying to counter them 2-1 up to sitting and hoping they don’t score.
It was a negative move, which ultimately led to more pressure on us and in my eyes stopped us having any chance of extending our lead

I agree it was a “negative” move to an extent.

But as I mentioned in another post…. It was a decision that was made with only 5 mins remaining. Not 20 or 30 mins remaining.

Individual errors were what ultimately directly cost us.

MB said he wanted time to assess what he had in terms of players

Does he have a clearer picture on where he wants to prioritise strengthening

Assuming no further set backs how long would you expect it to take for Roofe or Colak to get full fitness and sharpness back?

That was earlier on in the game in regards to Tav, we had the game won, again I repeat do you think bringing sands on cost us the game ?
Again I repeat, no.

I'm talking about the 2nd goal. Tav and Jack woeful defensively. Nothing to do with subs.

Oh, and you've never ever got the game won with a 1 goal lead. You need to see it out or score another, just as we taught the sheep a couple of weeks ago.

Where's the presser video anyway Mr D? You too busy making cheese on toast or looking at Liz Hurley pics and footering aboot with yerself?

Back