What songs shall record next for Ibrox? (Done Four Lads + Every Saturday We Follow)

"Singing The Blues" has been suggested a few times - Is this the same "Singing The Blues" that the annoying, suited up twonk on a supporters bus sings?

Please, please do not allow this to spread any further if so. Ear-rape. Utter, utter ear-rape.

Hey guys,

What an atmosphere last night!!

I recorded Every Saturday We Follow and Four Lads Had A Dream that are in Ibrox.

I'm keen to keep the music coming.
Really want some high-energy versions for us all to sing along to!

What songs would you like next?

Please no sectarian stuff etc, the club won't take them and I'm not the guy to record them.
The famous RFC

Hey guys,

I recorded Every Saturday We Follow and Four Lads Had A Dream that are in Ibrox.

Please no sectarian stuff etc, the club won't take them and I'm not the guy to record them.
Wolverhampton Town
I'll follow rangers
Trip to Ibrox Park
Blue flag

Wolverhampton Town would be great.

The version the club churned out a few years back (Think it was to coincide with the wee blue book we all got at the time) was pretty shit.

The Glasgow Rangers Story

See them March on
Marching on through the years of history
Heads held on high
For the jersey they will do or die
Fight, fight for right
Play the game, wear the badge of glory
Win, lose or draw
That’s the Glasgow Rangers Story

See them March on
Banners high as they fly before you
Loyal and true
On their way to cheer the boys in blue
Follow they will
Marching on to the songs of glory
Win, lose or draw

Always loved this one.
As the man says: Le reve passe.....The UB had the words up on Thursday - 'See them march on'

A long standing traditional Rangers song.

The Glasgow Rangers Story

See them March on
Marching on through the years of history
Heads held on high
For the jersey they will do or die
Fight, fight for right
Play the game, wear the badge of glory
Win, lose or draw

See them March on
Banners high as they fly before you
Loyal and true
On their way to cheer the boys in blue
Follow they will
Marching on to the songs of glory
Win, lose or draw

Always loved this one.
Make it so , as a famous Captain once said .

Follow Follow

Also please don't touch Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers., I bloody hate it and hope everytime I hear it it will be the last

Have always thought the Ronnettes song Baby I Love You, could be easily changed to a football song. It's a good tempo and doesn't go too high or low so should be easy to sing, and it only needs a few words changed from the original.

Have I ever told you
How good it feels to support you
It isn't easy to explain
And though I'm really trying
I think I may start crying
My heart can't wait another day
When you score I've just got to say
(Rangers I love you)
Come on Rangers
(Rangers I love you)
Rangers I love only you
Woa-oh, woa-oh oh oh
I can't live without you
I love everything about you
I can't help it if I feel this way
Oh I'm so glad I found you
I want to be around you
I love to see you play a game
Millions of us feel the same
(Rangers I love you)
Come on Rangers
(Rangers I love you)
Rangers I love only you

Followfollow, then an updated, universal version of Singing the Blues, rather than the version about on specific game v that lot.

Have always thought the Ronnettes song Baby I Love You, could be easily changed to a football song. It's a good tempo and doesn't go too high or low so should be easy to sing, and it only needs a few words changed from the original.

Have I ever told you
How good it feels to support you
It isn't easy to explain
And though I'm really trying
I think I may start crying
My heart can't wait another day
When you score I've just got to say
(Rangers I love you)
Come on Rangers
(Rangers I love you)
Rangers I love only you
Woa-oh, woa-oh oh oh
I can't live without you
I love everything about you
I can't help it if I feel this way
Oh I'm so glad I found you
I want to be around you
I love to see you play a game
Millions of us feel the same
(Rangers I love you)
Come on Rangers
(Rangers I love you)
Rangers I love only you

Agree re FF but would also like something new and above is great.

As others have said, it has to be Follow Follow.

Every Other Saturday would be my next choice.

Two classics that aren't sung enough, or are sang to the wrong words. The versions they play at Ibrox just now are horrendous as well. An update is long overdue.

The song Sammy King performed last Friday night at the Barcelona 72 event (Rangers are back in town) is the one that should be getting recorded by the club. Most directors were in attendance.

It's a brilliant tribute to the club.

Agree re FF but would also like something new and above is great.

Always though the first and last verse of this classic could be belted out by a full stadium.

When no one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me hope and consolation
You give me strength to carry on
And you're always there
To lend a hand in everything I do
I guess I'll never know the reason why
I love you as I do
That's the wonder
The wonder of you

Always though the first and last verse of this classic could be belted out by a full stadium.

When no one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me hope and consolation
You give me strength to carry on
And you're always there
To lend a hand in everything I do
I guess I'll never know the reason why
I love you as I do
That's the wonder
The wonder of you
Like your line of thinking - there's so many classic songs out there that could be reworded.

Could do with at least one Rangers reference in in this one, although it makes sense without any.

Hey guys,

Can we get a proper sing along Follow Follow? Like tailored to the way the support sing it? The megamix version is horrendous.

Hearing it at the start of the game the other night was great.

"Singing The Blues" has been suggested a few times - Is this the same "Singing The Blues" that the annoying, suited up twonk on a supporters bus sings?

Please, please do not allow this to spread any further if so. Ear-rape. Utter, utter ear-rape.
Also, while it was good that it pushed the song into the wider Rangers fans consciousness, that version was someone who didn't really know the corrects words, rhythm or story and sadly it has now been copied and taken as the actual version.

The first time I heard this was around 30 years ago by Bears from Oban which was tuneful, flowed better and was in line with the original. The correct words are tremendous and tell the story of the 5-1 game in 1988 perfectly. There certainly was no ootchy wah wahs in that...

Follow Follow, Blue Sea of Ibrox and Le Reve Passe. Some songs of old like Blue is the colour, Follow the boys in Blue (music: Skye Boat song) and Proud Legions (to Fields of Ulster) would be cool too.

Ever since I heard it first, I found the "loyal" (to something) undertone in the song below - also in relation to our recent history - rather fitting.

Also, while it was good that it pushed the song into the wider Rangers fans consciousness, that version was someone who didn't really know the corrects words, rhythm or story and sadly it has now been copied and taken as the actual version.

The first time I heard this was around 30 years ago by Bears from Oban which was tuneful, flowed better and was in line with the original. The correct words are tremendous and tell the story of the 5-1 game in 1988 perfectly. There certainly was no ootchy wah wahs in that...

I thought that as well, I'd ben ying if I said I heard said original recently, but if it was to be reborn I'd hope to christ it was that one.

Going by this thread and the other 1 about union bears what was chapped, as long as the song doesn’t offend the nats sing what you want, even know the scum sing about Irish drug gangs every week and no one bats an eye lid.

From the Copland Road, across Division Three
We’re traveling on, far and wide
But now its clear, support the Rangers and no-one else
And all the songs we sometimes sing, not just me but everyone

I close my eyes and I think of home
Another cup-tie goes by in the night
Ain't it funny how it is? You never miss it til' it's gone away
And my heart is lying here, and will be 'til my dying day.

So understand
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Face up, make your stand
Realize you're living in the Rangers years

Wasted Years/Iron Maiden

Hey guys,

Bouncy bouncy im kidding........

Back