When do Everton open their new ground?

Everton is in Liverpool. Evertonians are scousers. Everton has a higher % of their support coming from the Liverpool region than Liverpool FC. I’m afraid you may have ironically been backing the wrong team.
I know mate,Everton first played at Anfield but moved due to rent dispute or something,I also know scoucers are from Liverpool and not directly associated with either club,its a city thing! It was more of a poor joke reguarding "theft" probally a poor one were your concerned but hay ho..no hard feelings.Oh and I wasn,t supporting the Toffeemen last night,just watching the game and happy to see the Pool chuck it at their rivals ground,how long has it been since Everton turned them over at Goodison?

I know mate,Everton first played at Anfield but moved due to rent dispute or something,I also know scoucers are from Liverpool and not directly associated with either club,its a city thing! It was more of a poor joke reguarding "theft" probally a poor one were your concerned but hay ho..no hard feelings.Oh and I wasn,t supporting the Toffeemen last night,just watching the game and happy to see the Pool chuck it at their rivals ground,how long has it been since Everton turned them over at Goodison?
14 years.

As another says - yeah 14 years when Roy Hodgson was in charge of LFC, I believe. Ex ger Mikel Arteta scored a deflected goal from outside the box if I remember correctly. Him, Jelavic and (say it quietly) Naismith playing for Everton has led to me having a soft spot.

The plans revealed in April 1992 included:

A 52,000 all seater stadium
Two Park & Ride rail stations from Glasgow city centre
A retail village including major stores and car showrooms
Parking for 4500 vehicles
A Celtic Heritage museum
Integrated Sports and Leisure facilities
A permanent performance stage
Mobile acoustic curtain enclosing up to 15,000 seats
An eight-screen cinema complex
A 30-lane ten-pin bowling alley
Drive-through fast food restaurants
Petrol station
Office units
Room for further expansion
Total cost, we were informed, was £100m and initially 32,000 seats (the two touchline stands) would be built with the rest to be added later.

Surely even the bampotest of yahoos, couldn't have swallowed this guff?

I stand corrected. Genuinely thought it was almost finished.
Looks as though they're within months of finishing, however despite the many issues facing the Everton Board of Directors - mostly of their own making - they've been quite consistent about the Bramley Moore Dock. When a number of media outlets began questioning whether the build was on schedule the Board stated they had never released a target completion date, it wasn't until quite recently they confirmed the stadium would be operational for the start of the 2025-26 season.
I don't know the city very well, however North Liverpool would seem to have many post industrial sites which require redevelopment. Whilst I've no particular affection for Everton as a club I think the legacy plans for Goodison Park will be of great benefit to the local community, and the new Stadium will help with the regeneration of the North Liverpool area.

The plans revealed in April 1992 included:

A 52,000 all seater stadium
Two Park & Ride rail stations from Glasgow city centre
A retail village including major stores and car showrooms
Parking for 4500 vehicles
A Celtic Heritage museum
Integrated Sports and Leisure facilities
A permanent performance stage
Mobile acoustic curtain enclosing up to 15,000 seats
An eight-screen cinema complex
A 30-lane ten-pin bowling alley
Drive-through fast food restaurants
Petrol station
Office units
Room for further expansion
Total cost, we were informed, was £100m and initially 32,000 seats (the two touchline stands) would be built with the rest to be added later.
Even today, those are lofty plans. Apart from it being the tims, if they had pulled that off, it would have been quite impressive

That rings a bell.
The Scottish Development Agency put up £500,000 (£1.3 million in todays money) for feasibility studies to make this happen. At the time I thought it was a no brainier for them if they could pull it off. As has been mentioned a combination of the club being financially on their knees and their fans not wanting to move out of Glasgow meant it was unlikely to happen. Fergus McCann came in shortly after and the piggery was patched up. Glasgow City Council were also not happy about them moving out of Glasgow and were happy to do what they could to make the necessary improvements to Parkhead financially viable. At the end of that season I remember being at Broomfield where they announcer welcomed everyone for “todays match between European Airdrie and Cambuslang Celtic” which I though was quite funny.

The Scottish Development Agency put up £500,000 (£1.3 million in todays money) for feasibility studies to make this happen. At the time I thought it was a no brainier for them if they could pull it off. As has been mentioned a combination of the club being financially on their knees and their fans not wanting to move out of Glasgow meant it was unlikely to happen. Fergus McCann came in shortly after and the piggery was patched up. Glasgow City Council were also not happy about them moving out of Glasgow and were happy to do what they could to make the necessary improvements to Parkhead financially viable. At the end of that season I remember being at Broomfield where they announcer welcomed everyone for “todays match between European Airdrie and Cambuslang Celtic” which I though was quite funny.

My main memory, of the refurb at yahooville, is when their first part (The North Stand) was completed at the start of the 95/96 season.

A wee Celtic man I worked with (a gentleman and not the norm) told me he was in his seat before the opening game and opening of the stand v Newcastle in a pre season friendly.

The wee man didn't drink so he was in the place early and he told me whilst he and others were taking their seats, the council still had workers doing work and still tarting it up.

That's how cosy the filth and GCC are. And that would have been Labour.

Health and Safety? That game should not have been allowed to go ahead.

Cambuslang sellik? It's got a ring to it, if you don't come from Cambuslang.

Back