Where do you think we'll be at this point next season?

Dick Donner

Top of the table by several points? The league in the bag? Or worse?

If we are improving significantly, the only answer really is, top of the table by several points. Unless that lot improve a lot pre season also.

For all the criticism, it's quite something that we're still in this title race and only 3 points separate us from them.

Improving and being better in the old firm games too would help mentally.

Who will still be playing regularly? Tavernier no doubt. Hopefully Lundstram is in Turkey by that time and looking to return to England with a bottom half championship team. Goldson hopefully won't be here. Dessers has performed very well on paper but if he plays as many games or even close, by this point next season, I doubt we'll be winning the league once again.

Need better all over the park although I hope Dessers can get another few this season obviously.

Second probably.
If they go on to win the league and take the champions league money coupled with us failing to qualify then it will be very tough for us to win the league next season. They will be able to shop at a slightly higher level than us, which might not make a great deal of difference in games v us but it will make it less likely they drop points v the others in our league.

Last edited:
We will have to improve significantly to be in contention next year, because you can bet they will invest. They have the funds, and they’ve not enjoyed how close it’s been this year. Can only hope we buy smarter than they do.

We will have to improve significantly to be in contention next year, because you can bet they will invest. They have the funds, and they’ve not enjoyed how close it’s been this year. Can only hope we buy smarter than they do.
We said the same last year. Did they improve? Nah.

Replacing their goalkeeper, maybe losing a couple of guaranteed starters, a loan player.

They do rely on loans also. If one or two don't work out along with their record on signing goalkeepers, we may have something.

They will have ample funds but you can only attract a certain level of player to come here.
I don’t see them improving greatly and with the huge caveat of us getting recruitment right both in terms of ability and attitude then I’m sure we can edge the league.
We will likely only be a baw hair away this year with one of the worst squads we have had in recent years.

Pyro on the Clydeside and flags being tied to lamposts all over in preperation to celebrate winning our 56 or 57 title.:))

It will all depend on how Koppen and his team handle the massive rebuild that’s about to happen with the majority of senior players and high earners about to leave the club we have an opportunity here to set us up your seasons ahead “if” they get it right

As ever it will come down to recruitment. Our issue is going to be that Celtic are miles ahead of us financially and they will be able to get their business done early with gauranteed champions league money.

I am confident though that we will win the league. Rodgers isn’t getting Celtic playing well and if it wasn’t for his ego I think he would be away in the summer

Second probably.
If they go on to win the league and take the champions league money coupled with us failing to qualify then it will be very tough for us to win the league next season. They will be able to shop at a slightly higher level than us, which might not make a great deal of difference in games v us but it will make it less likely they drop points v the others in our league.
Even if we are 2nd this season we will never have a better chance of qualifying for the champions league. As it stands we will be top seeds as Benfica will get the automatic top seed group stage spot unless Sporting collapse spectacularly in their final 3 games and for the first time since Gerrard came in we will face none of Benfica, Porto, Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord in order to qualify. The issue we will have is gelling an almost completely new starting 11 in time for said qualifying.

Back