Who replaces Ryan Jack?

Yeah you're right, he is fine.

However, Clement will want better than "fine" for his central midfielders.
The signing of Diomande is a good example.
I'll give him better than fine, he was man of the match in the cup final

I think it's his best position

I'll give him better than fine, he was man of the match in the cup final

I think it's his best position

All about opinions mate.

I don't think Sterling's best position is central midfield and clearly Clement doesn't either, as he only ever plays him there when other options aren't available.

I think he's more effective at right back and wide right, in that order.
Obviously though he's not going to start at right back currently.

All about opinions mate.

I don't think Sterling's best position is central midfield and clearly Clement doesn't either, as he only ever plays him there when other options aren't available.

I think he's more effective at right back and wide right, in that order.
Obviously though he's not going to start at right back currently.
You are right, there is no way Sterling is a ball playing central midfielder. I love the guy, and he can do a bit of everything but a playmaker he is not.

Time to move jack on ,like roofe he's too injury prone ,therefore,keep lundstram in jacks position and bring hagi back and give him a chance.

hopefully when we have most of our players back from injury he will stop using Sterling as a utility player and realise we won a watch when we moved in into cm.

Assuming Lundstram stays, I can't see Clement spending millions on a new centre mid unless we're able to move Raskin on.

I think it's more likely to be a project signing.

I think the last 18 months will have slightly changed a few opinions on Jack, and it’s hard to argue that it’s not justified.

Lot of short memories here
in what way? Are we supposed to give him a new contract based on how he was playing 2/3 years ago?

It's a shame as a fit Jack was a huge player for us, but you can hardly blame folk for looking at the last 1-2 years and thinking a contract extension would be nonsensical.

A lot of people talking about Connor Barron.

Has anyone bothered to check his injury record? It’s a massive no for me.

He played 36 games last season and was present up until his last injury with 21 appearances so far this season.

Was a key player in our run to Seville.

Roofe got us to the last 16 in Europe this season. Was superb against Braga in a crucial game in 2022.

Both have had major injury problems that are being managed, but they have both contributed positively for the club despite that.

They'll likely be moved on in the summer, with best wishes, really no need to dismiss what they've done for the club just because they've had injury problems.

Agree with all of this.

Both Jack and Roofe will leave with my genuine thanks for what they’ve contributed.

Neither should be here after the summer when their contracts expire. That’s football.

in what way? Are we supposed to give him a new contract based on how he was playing 2/3 years ago?

It's a shame as a fit Jack was a huge player for us, but you can hardly blame folk for looking at the last 1-2 years and thinking a contract extension would be nonsensical.
No but the dis respect is crazy

No but the dis respect is crazy
Pointing out facts isn’t disrespect. Jack’s injury record should have seen him moved on in 2022, he definitely shouldn’t have been given an extension last summer.

‘A fit Ryan Jack’ does not exist and hasn’t for over last three years now.

This for me, young, Scottish and wouldn’t be wanting the world wage wise. We should also be looking at Miller and brining him in with the option of loaning back to Motherwell for a season.
I don't think we will have money to buy a player and loan him back unfortunately.

Jacko has been a great player for us over the last few years and one of my recent favourites.

Unfortunately injuries have hampered him recently and it looks like his time is up. He isn't the first and won't be the last to suffer from persistent niggles.

Some (not all) of the comments on here about him are disappointing.

Wish him nothing but the best.

Pointing out facts isn’t disrespect. Jack’s injury record should have seen him moved on in 2022, he definitely shouldn’t have been given an extension last summer.

‘A fit Ryan Jack’ does not exist and hasn’t for over last three years now.
Someone said he should be replaced by a plank of wood for all the use he is

Why not just say what you did

Albeit clearly not going to get a new deal and sadly his body is breaking down, some of the opinions on here around his total time with us are wild.

When fit, he arguably still starts. Every manager we’ve had, they’ve found a spot and need for RJ.

Gerrard adored him and he likely knows a thing or two about central midfield capabilities.

We are a better team when a fit Ryan Jack plays. Now, that’s never frequent enough, which is sad, but he’s been a good servant.

I wouldn’t bet against him playing the big games in the run-in, especially against the mentally challengeds.

hopefully Declan rice can probably manage 10 sub appearances a season which unfortunately is where jack will be next season I liked jack but let’s be honest it’s over.

Albeit clearly not going to get a new deal and sadly his body is breaking down, some of the opinions on here around his total time with us are wild.

When fit, he arguably still starts. Every manager we’ve had, they’ve found a spot and need for RJ.

Gerrard adored him and he likely knows a thing or two about central midfield capabilities.

We are a better team when a fit Ryan Jack plays. Now, that’s never frequent enough, which is sad, but he’s been a good servant.

I wouldn’t bet against him playing the big games in the run-in, especially against the mentally challengeds.
He is injured, is he not. I think Clement said he isn't training. I could be wrong.

Back