Why dont we have any money?

That's not true. We got zero known bids for any players after we won the league. The offers for Kent abd Morelos was the season before that. Nobody came in with big bids so we don't have any money.

We had just lost £23m due to Covid.

I don’t know if anyone officially bid at any time for Kent at all whilst he was with us.

You are correct Lille bid for Morelos prior to 55, we refused the £16million as they had bid over £7million more for someone else the weeks before. Morelos had scored 29 goals that season, 55 he was on the decline his fitness and attitude was stinking, he didn’t take too well when Gerrard said something along the lines of Roofe being the best striker at the Club. Tav scored 19, Roofe 18 and Morelos 17 that season.

Would we really? Are the names I listed that irreplaceable? We wasted millions buying them.

That sort of money could easily pay for 2 quality bosmans - like Butland.
So Bosmans that basically have run their contracts down elsewhere and nobody has actually tried to buy them. Do you think the fans will accept only bringing in bosmans. I don't. But truth is you are probably correct.

I don’t know if anyone officially bid at any time for Kent at all whilst he was with us.

You are correct Lille bid for Morelos prior to 55, we refused the £16million as they had bid over £7million more for someone else the weeks before. Morelos had scored 29 goals that season, 55 he was on the decline his fitness and attitude was stinking, he didn’t take too well when Gerrard said something along the lines of Roofe being the best striker at the Club. Tav scored 19, Roofe 18 and Morelos 17 that season.
100% agree. So if nobody wanted them it's nit the boards fault for not strengthening after 55. Posting £23m loss and nobody wanting our players meanr we had very little money. We budget for Europa groups which has allowed all managers over £10m each preseason to spend. That is where we are at financially. Nothing now has suddenly has suddenly changed that. It will be a very tough window. If Clements signing come in and we won zero then he will be for the off aswell.

Im always hearing we have no money but it doesnt add up. We have some decent sales in recent years and our best european performances consistently for years. If we have no money now we never will. Imagine a poor year in europe. Where does that leave us. At what point does it change or is it permanent
Our wagebill is far too high and should be reduced, not because we are destitute but the wagebill we carry relative to the return we get from it is absurd.

The reason why so many people struggle to understand why we don't spend more is because they double count European income and ignore the fact that increase income from Europe and player sales basically eliminated the need for loans to equity from our investors

Getting to the CL doesn't.chsnge our spending power, but neither does not getting to the CL.

Worry I have at the moment is the lack of assets in our squad. Only Ridvan and Butland carry a good fee but neither would be more than £10m and it's far from desirable to sell either right now.

I’m not sure why you’re offering justification why we signed those players. That wasn’t the point of me naming them. Whether they should’ve worked out or not is irrelevant. They haven’t and they need to be moved on.

The poster I replied to was suggesting we don’t have money to spend. If we move on the players who haven’t worked out, plus the perennially injured, then we’ll have budget to spend.

How do you propose moving players on that have lucrative contracts ? The lucrative contracts we have to give them to come and play in this shitty backwater of a footballing nation and country.

We doubled Danilo’s wages to get him to move from Holland to here.

No one is coming to Scotland for the football or the weather, it’s purely money or stepping stone

Even our home bred dyed in the wool youngsters like Billy Gilmour leave at the earliest opportunity

Folk need to get it in to their heads we need to pay more to attract players here. If it doesn’t work out we just can’t take them back with a receipt.

So it did turn a £29k profit in it’s first financial year then? Glad we established that.

Oh and I suppose you know that the exact profit margin will be much higher next year don’t you genius?
So if it had opened 1 day before the end of the financial year and made £100 profit you* could have an even stronger case for knocking it down ? Sounds like a real high IQ analysis you’ve got going on there.

Spending on average/dross and feels like we've never been out of court battles in recent years.

Feel like we need to budget for Europa League/Conference League each year and CL money would be the bonus. We simply also need to become better at selling players. The scum out perform us in this way significantly so, for example they managed to get impressive money for Abada, a guy who simply would never kick a ball for them again. There's been examples too of significant money for guys out of contract: Ajer, Frimpong, Christie, Turnbull etc. Yet, we've let Alfie, Kent and likely Lundstram go for %^*& all. This is unacceptable.

How do you propose moving players on that have lucrative contracts ? The lucrative contracts we have to give them to come and play in this shitty backwater of a footballing nation and country.

We doubled Danilo’s wages to get him to move from Holland to here.

No one is coming to Scotland for the football or the weather, it’s purely money or stepping stone

Even our home bred dyed in the wool youngsters like Billy Gilmour leave at the earliest opportunity

Folk need to get it in to their heads we need to pay more to attract players here. If it doesn’t work out we just can’t take them back with a receipt.
Every player can be moved on. It just depends how badly you want rid of them. Lammers went out on loan and he’ll probably have earned a permenant move.

I don’t know what your argument is here. Are you suggesting we are stuck with these players forever? Players have lucrative contracts yes, but they also have careers and want to play. It’ll be a combination of loans, smaller fees than we paid etc but I can guarantee you guys like Davies and Lammers will be gone in the summer; one way or another. We’ll do what we always do, chalk it up as a loss and try again.

You could get 2 better defenders for the wage/price of one Ben Davies from say, the French League. The same for Lundstram. The European market must be full of cheaper, younger, better quality and value for money players than the wage these guys are stealing from the Club.

We need the losers, cowards and wage thieves out of our Club for a start and a board that stop sanctioning money for cripples.

So Bosmans that basically have run their contracts down elsewhere and nobody has actually tried to buy them. Do you think the fans will accept only bringing in bosmans. I don't. But truth is you are probably correct.
We’ll have a modest budget like we always do. Our summer window will be a combination of fees, bosmans and loans like it often is.

Aye OK then so nobody should be saying we should have been selling players after 55 like the board have refused bids. We would have known. So will just leave it there then.
We had no transfer budget that summer. Wilson made the point halfway through the season of 55 that we did have to sell players if we were to bring in new players.

We had the choice to sell players to bring in new players and freshen up the team, thus actually going through with the self sustaining player trading model the board have always banged on about. They chose not to. They chose to let it go stale. We chose to let, for example, Goldson go into the last year of his deal, look about when it had expired and then collect a higher wage from us in a new deal when he realised he couldn't get any better. Look how that worked out! Same with Kent and Morelos.

Fans wouldnt have accrpted it, but thats why fans are in the stands. The board have to be the ruthless ones that can see the woods for the trees. They can't and its cost us ever since.

We should be much more formulaic when offering contracts, in the hope that there are less discrepancies (which you'd like to think would reduce unrest) and less chance of players remaining on crazy deals past their best (like Goldson) but still keep players from having their head turned.

Such an idea would be a clause where, upon a fee being offered for one of our players, we are obligated to accept it unless we offer the player a 4 year contract for the value of the offer.

E.G.
Dujon Sterling - rumoured to be on ~ £20k per week.
Offer comes in for £6m.
If we want to reject the offer, Sterling gets a new contract worth £6m over 4 years. (£30k per week)

It means players are getting paid relative to what we (and other clubs) value them at. Agents would probably find a way to ruin it though.

Last edited:
Thankfully that will drop considerably with players moving OOC and with a few player sales.

It's what we aim the overall bill to be at whilst trying to improve the first 11 that will be tricky.

We should comfortably be able to pick a young and hungry centre half at half the wage Goldson is picking up.
Sterling is on around 22k a week.

That's what potential costs, but with potential comes a lot more mistakes.

I must admit that I've tried to follow the logic and arguments and viewpoints over "Why don't we have any money?" and have just generally come to the conclusion that even if we sold Hagi for £500m in the summer, we'd somehow find ourselves in debt.

Where is the info coming from about individual players wages?

Does the £64m at the end of June 23 genuinely only include wages to all staff including bonuses? Does it include medical bills for injured players? Are we making any payments to ex staff?

£28m of operating charges - Maintaining Ibrox/Auchenhowie/building Museum?

Michael Beale wasted a ridiculous amount of money in the summer.

The cost of bringing in players/management that are not up to the job and then releasing them is hitting us while. A problem they tramps don't have.

How much extra will the 10 year co-efficient bring us now we are ahead of the scum?
I'd like to see where people get their info from. Matondo has gone from 23k when he signed to 30k on here. It seems to escalate with every poor performance.

I'd like to see where people get their info from. Matondo has gone from 23k when he signed to 30k on here. It seems to escalate with every poor performance.
Matondo is on a bare minimum of £25k per week, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Secondly, the source of our wagebill being £64m is our official accounts, which as sourced go is pretty reliable for that kind of thing

We should be much more formulaic when offering contracts, in the hope that there are less discrepancies (which you'd like to think would reduce unrest) and less chance of players remaining on crazy deals past their best (like Goldson) but still keep players from having their head turned.

Such an idea would be a clause where, upon a fee being offered for one of our players, we are obligated to accept it unless we offer the player a 4 year contract for the value of the offer.

E.G.
Dujon Sterling - rumoured to be on ~ £20k per week.
Offer comes in for £6m.
If we want to reject the offer, Sterling gets a new contract worth £6m over 4 years. (£30k per week)

It means players are getting paid relative to what we (and other clubs) value them at. Agents would probably find a way to ruin it though.
We can accept any offer for a player but the player needs to accept it also

I’ve confidence in the manager making the big decisions come the summer and letting loads go and trying to sell others
It’s not going to be easy with some of them though

The investors might need to dig deep yet again also

Secondly, the source of our wagebill being £64m is our official accounts, which as sourced go is pretty reliable for that kind of thing

Individual player wages aren't listed in the accounts, so where is the info on that from?

We generally spend around £15m every summer, I don’t see how that equates to not having any money. It’s more than enough money spent every year to beat every other team in league and compete with the scum.
When they have spent as someone said £90m in the last 3 seasons. Us spending £15m isn't close enough to realistically compete.

That's just not correct. It is still money that has been spent and is no longer there whether it counts towards FFP or not. Of course it impacts the cash position.

The initial cost to the club was 2.5m plus 2.5m coming in from the sale of the car park that fell through. So 2.5m cost. What was the total cost then? It’s been reported at circa 10m. A 4 times increase from 2.5m.
Ignore him, he’s a board plant.

Yes probably true however Koppen and Clement will be responsible for this summers buys so if those signings fail are they then classed as imposters also.
Beale has been found out here and at Sunderland. The guy was playing at being a manager.

If we buy players totally useless to Rangers like Dessers and Lammers again then yes, whoever is responsible should be getting their jotters.

Individual player wages aren't listed in the accounts, so where is the info on that from?
Maybe the fact Schalke paid £13m for him and he'd therefore have been on substantially more than that with them?

I genuinely don't see why you find it such a leap that he's on £30k a week mate.

The wage bill at £64,000,000 per year which is £3m more than the yahoos last season is probably the main cause.
That is a disgrace the contracts should be low at the start and if the players are good a new deal in 6 months or a year. Then it wouldn’t be so hard to move on the poor players.

The main way both us and them have been able to entice players to Scotland is by inflated wages.

Also Michael fuckin Beale was given the keys to the safe and got us some absolute rotten players for more than they're worth with the money he was backed with.

So there is no confirmed number for Matondo or any other player wages? We are all assuming?

Poorly ran.

Too much wasted on rubbish players and players that are well past their sell by date.

Connor Goldson getting a new 4 year deal in 2022 is an example.
I know a fan who was buzzing at Goldson signing and also dying to get Beale. Hel accept any dross served up by the club.

The way we celebrated the league cup and I might be knit picking was a club who doesn’t win much and that’s their pinnacle. When I was younger we turned up knowing we were winning that cup unless the final was against Celtic. I said this before yesterday so it’s not a knee jerk reaction.

Maybe the fact Schalke paid £13m for him and he'd therefore have been on substantially more than that with them?

I genuinely don't see why you find it such a leap that he's on £30k a week mate.
Call me autistic as %^*& if you like (because I am), but I prefer to know something for certain before perpetuating it as fact.

We are forever seeing figures bandied about with no substance other than someone said it on here before so we'll go with it.

When they have spent as someone said £90m in the last 3 seasons. Us spending £15m isn't close enough to realistically compete.
I would disagree, dropping more points to them might be justified if they are outspending us 3:1 but dropping points against the likes of Ross County can’t be justified with lack of spending. Scott Wright cost us more than they have spent collectively on transfers in the last 20 years.

With the points the scum have dropped we could’ve won the league this season without beating them once, and we far outspend everyone else in the league.

Call me autistic as %^*& if you like (because I am), but I prefer to know something for certain before perpetuating it as fact.

We are forever seeing figures bandied about with no substance other than someone said it on here before so we'll go with it.
28k a week is only 1.45m a year x that by even 30 and your at 45m so we’ve another 20m going on wages somewhere.

I would disagree, dropping more points to them might be justified if they are outspending us 3:1 but dropping points against the likes of Ross County can’t be justified with lack of spending. Scott Wright cost us more than they have spent collectively on transfers in the last 20 years.

With the points the scum have dropped we could’ve won the league this season without beating them once, and we far outspend everyone else in the league.
Same goes for them. Shouldn't get beat from Hearts or Kilmarnock. In fact on spending we shouldn't beat them. It's proving that way.

Where do folk get these figures from?

There's no danger sterling is on £22,000 a week
Again, that is reserve player money in England.

Not sure why people are so shocked at these wages.

If he stayed in the English Championship, he wouldn't have been on much less than that, so why is it so difficult?

What happens when we implement your plan, and nobody wants to sign on the terms offered?
Well it is certainly better than what we do now. Where is the incentive to get better. We are at our celing with say matondo at 28k a week where is the motivation to do better.

Fabio Silva's wages are probably higher than the entire Ross County team put together.

The entire Ross County wage bill is about £2.8 million per year, or £54k per week.

To put that in context out wage bill is about £64m. Almost 23 times higher.

Just ignore every fee quoted for a player sale or purchase as well then mate.

....and in certainly not inferring your neuro diversity is an issue in the discussion!

£3m Bundesliga player, coming off of a good season in Belgian who Schalke once paid £13m for.

I don't think the estimates are wild.

Back