Why so many empty seats in the Hampden Main stand last Sunday? (Rangers section)

MrStruth

It certainly looks like blocks of seats that have not been allocated to the club/support.

The other side of the stand looks completely full.

Debentures and Hearts failing to sell corporate packages I think.
The Hearts section of the stand looks completely full. It's the Rangers section that has empty blocks.
Lots of prime seats all lying empty. It makes little sense.

Last edited:
A couple of boys in a group chat I'm in were looking at hospitality last week in the absence of tickets, and the prices were ridiculous. One they sent was £6k!

The Hearts section of the stand looks completely full. It's the Rangers section that has empty blocks.
Lots of prime seats all lying empty. It makes little sense.
The lower empty bit is hearts section apart from a few rows in the middle of the Rangers section to the right

Actually I think what looks like empty seats in the middle rows of the Rangers section are media desks

First time at Hampden in a few years I have seen several spares floating about.
Not that this contributes to the empty seats but tickets were available, counted at least 7 or 8 being held up, one guy had a few in his hand.

I was over in the North Stand hospitality and I thought it was the Hearts end that looked empty to be fair.

Some amount of empty seats there, quite embarrassing for Hearts who kicked and screamed about getting half and then not selling all their tickets. All while the filth got about 3/4 of Hampden the day before.

Strange, eh?

I was over in the North Stand hospitality and I thought it was the Hearts end that looked empty to be fair.

Some amount of empty seats there, quite embarrassing for Hearts who kicked and screamed about getting half and then not selling all their tickets. All while the filth got about 3/4 of Hampden the day before.

Strange, eh?
Like us they got additional tickets

Both from the Aberdeen allocation in our end and unsold Debenture area in the Upper

I think the days of the automatic 50/50 splits are now over. Dundee United started this nonsense in 2014 when they insisted on 50/50 for the semi played at Ibrox but could get nowhere near it. The SFA and SPFL have now made their point on this.

I think the days of the automatic 50/50 splits are now over. Dundee United started this nonsense in 2014 when they insisted on 50/50 for the semi played at Ibrox but could get nowhere near it. The SFA and SPFL have now made their point on this.

Hampden was 5,000 short of a full house for the SC final of 2003, because of Dundee's want of a 50/50 allocation.

I get the want of a half and half split, even though I don't get why a club with less than a 10k average attendance should be allowed it?

The blocks of tickets should be sold in blocks/increments but also these clubs should be given a deadline for selling them.

If their fans can't be @rsed buying them, then the tickets go to us.

I don't see our end with empty blocks

Left of the picture is the Hearts section of the Hampden Hospitality area
It's maybe just the camera angle but there does also look like a few empty seats above the Rangers fans in the stand as well.

I was in the west stand and there were loads of empty seats beside me.

20240421-152806.jpg

Does anyone know how many fans aberdeen had on Saturday and how many they had Rangers at Hampden? I read somewhere they had twice the number of fans at the Rangers game.

In relation to the OP - it did look like there were a number of empty seats in the main stand.

Hampden was 5,000 short of a full house for the SC final of 2003, because of Dundee's want of a 50/50 allocation.

I get the want of a half and half split, even though I don't get why a club with less than a 10k average attendance should be allowed it?

The blocks of tickets should be sold in blocks/increments but also these clubs should be given a deadline for selling them.

If their fans can't be @rsed buying them, then the tickets go to us.
That is what happens after what happened in 2003

Aberdeen were allocated the entire Rangers end but in the end didn't over halfway - Section A

Section B of the West ended up with Celtic instead

Hearts agreed to pay the whole supporters allocation I never have heard that before happening with any of these clubs

That is what happens after what happened in 2003

Aberdeen were allocated the entire Rangers end but in the end didn't over halfway - Section A

Section B of the West ended up with Celtic instead

Hearts agreed to pay the whole supporters allocation I never have heard that before happening with any of these clubs

Well, I hope Hearts are out of pocket.

It might make them think again in similar circumstances.

Does anyone know how many fans aberdeen had on Saturday and how many they had Rangers at Hampden? I read somewhere they had twice the number of fans at the Rangers game.

In relation to the OP - it did look like there were a number of empty seats in the main stand.
Aberdeen were allocated upto 19k for Saturday sold under half of that around 7k/8k

LCF got the same plus some extra but the selling was total different - 200+ loyalty points then straight to a general sale where you could buy upto 4 tickets including no purchase history and it sold out very quickly as you would gather

Saturday there was a sale point based on loyalty points with the last selling point was you needed a purchase history

Last edited:
The centre bit?

Sure that is for the club use etc

Asked this on another thread. The part in the middle of the lower (just to the side of the tunnel in our end) was part of our hospitality seats. Or it certainly used to be. I was in there for the Aberdeen semi.

Be interesting to know if we sold out of those and if we didn't, why the tickets weren't offered to 'ordinary' punters. I'm fine with us offering hospitality as it's clearly a big revenue generator but, not at the expense of the seat lying empty altogether.

Asked this on another thread. The part in the middle of the lower (just to the side of the tunnel in our end) was part of our hospitality seats. Or it certainly used to be. I was in there for the Aberdeen semi.

Be interesting to know if we sold out of those and if we didn't, why the tickets weren't offered to 'ordinary' punters. I'm fine with us offering hospitality as it's clearly a big revenue generator but, not at the expense of the seat lying empty altogether.
Section o2 the area you describe is handed for the club to use

There is a small metal fence that separates that area from the general seating of Section P1

So yes it would be interesting if we did sell out and maybe just when these pictures/videos are done that people to make they to their seats?

Aberdeen were allocated upto 19k for Saturday sold under half of that around 7k/8k

LCF got the same plus some extra but the selling was total different - 200+ loyalty points then straight to a general sale where you could buy upto 4 tickets including no purchase history and it sold out very quickly as you would gather

Saturday there was a sale point based on loyalty points with the last selling point was you needed a purchase history
I’d be interested to know if Aberdeen were offered the same deal as Hearts re. 50/50 but you pay for them.

As I imagine Cormack would turn that down.

I sit in section N debentures and there were plenty of empty seats around me

I have sat there for 25 years and any unsold debenture seats go to Rangers

I know Rangers also got tickets for section m &k debenture areas

There were plenty of tickets for sale outside so disappointing that many missed out

Section o2 the area you describe is handed for the club to use

There is a small metal fence that separates that area from the general seating of Section P1

So yes it would be interesting if we did sell out and maybe just when these pictures/videos are done that people to make they to their seats?

Nah those seats were empty the full game mate. It was very noticeable as it was a block of seats right in front of the press area.

FWIW the last time I was in hospitality there, our seats were in P2 (I was in O2 previously) So they do take a very substantial amount of the South Stand as it is, as well as seats in the North.

If the seats were going to lie empty I dunno why they couldn't have been sold to ST holders. Surely it's not a coincidence that all of the people in those seats together, just didn't turn up on the day?

Agree - there weren't a lot but there definitely looked to be some empty seats in the Rangers corporate section

Any idea why they didn't do the same for their Scottish cup match?

Probably because rakes of Rangers fans bought tickets in their end for the last one, which caused them a lot of fannying about cancelling loads of orders, including actual Aberdeen fans.

Maybe don't didn't want a repeat of that?

Nah those seats were empty the full game mate. It was very noticeable as it was a block of seats right in front of the press area.

FWIW the last time I was in hospitality there, our seats were in P2 (I was in O2 previously) So they do take a very substantial amount of the South Stand as it is, as well as seats in the North.

If the seats were going to lie empty I dunno why they couldn't have been sold to ST holders. Surely it's not a coincidence that all of the people in those seats together, just didn't turn up on the day?
Does seem strange unless the club actually no longer are given them to issue themselves?

Hence why they have moved into Section P for hospitality

Was few empty from the photo I got

Probably because the club took a bit of flak of how they were sold - mainly because the club didn't get the 50/50 allocation for the final and stuck 2 fingers at the SPFL but at the same time shafted their own fans

That would be like us saying 2000+ MyGers points then a free for all after it isn't right what they done back in December

We were hospitality in South Stand Upper and seated well over the half way line towards the Hearts end.
That’s almost where I was sitting , two seats in on row G , noticed the first 3 full rows were taped off , was that for safety reasons ? It is a cracking view from up there.

First time at Hampden in a few years I have seen several spares floating about.
Not that this contributes to the empty seats but tickets were available, counted at least 7 or 8 being held up, one guy had a few in his hand.
Take into account the racing on sat and people not making it from being hungover lol

Strange, eh?
They are seats sfa/hampden keep and sell

Prices are mental for hospitality at hampden

Normally if they don't sell they move the debenture holders closer to the middle and give the other seats to the clubs

Ie gold into hospitality seating, silver into gold bronze into silver.

Strange, eh?
To be fair to Hearts I thought they had a great turnout. What is embarrassing is screaming for 50/50 in a cup final, then next time you come to Hampden a few months later you sell a measly 8k.

Latest posts

Back