Why so many empty seats in the Hampden Main stand last Sunday? (Rangers section)

I canny remember the last time in hampden I have went to my allocated seat we usually go stand where ever our RSC allocation is

I was in the west stand and there were loads of empty seats beside me.

20240421-152806.jpg
May I suggest a change of Deodorant.

Think you have the wrong team mate.
Rangers section full hearts hospitality empty

So you're saying there's no empty seats in the Rangers section of the stand.?

I can see a couple of rows lying empty plus various other seats unused with other seats in front of it.

It wouldn't be the first time that tickets allocated to the club 'got lost'.

Thats what it looks like here.

I was in South Stand upper on Sunday. Row X seat 13(I know I know). Went in about 2:30 pm and found a guy on seat 14 and his son (about 16ish) in my seat. Guy explained they had 2 separate seats, the son’s being number 4 in the same row. I said no problem mate we’ll swap tickets which we did. I then moved along to seat 4 to find another guy in seat 5 and his daughter in my seat. I said that’s my seat mate to which he said no it’s hers. I said where’s her ticket then. I lost it says he. I said did ye aye well I’ve got the ticket for this seat. He then says oh did you find it outside? I said FFS mate how daft do you think I am to which he replies “Gonny no stick us in I managed to double up with her to get in at 1:30pm when the stewards weren’t checking tickets”. I just said “Well mate I’m 60 years old and if I want to sit down that’s my seat. If she wants to sit then she’s on your knee!” She was about 18 years old and the same in stones I think! He just said “Aye ok pal cheers” Hampden is murder to try and get your own seat because of half wits who think it’s still the 1980’s and it’s the old terraces.

The Hearts section of the stand looks completely full. It's the Rangers section that has empty blocks.
Lots of prime seats all lying empty. It makes little sense.

I was directly opposite the empty seats and they were 100% in the Hearts section of the South Lower.

I can see a couple of rows lying empty plus various other seats unused with other seats in front of it.

Your post said the hearts end is completely full and rangers blocks are empty
The empty blocks are the hearts hospitality
The empty rows above the empty blocks weren’t available because opposing fans below.

I was in South Stand upper on Sunday. Row X seat 13(I know I know). Went in about 2:30 pm and found a guy on seat 14 and his son (about 16ish) in my seat. Guy explained they had 2 separate seats, the son’s being number 4 in the same row. I said no problem mate we’ll swap tickets which we did. I then moved along to seat 4 to find another guy in seat 5 and his daughter in my seat. I said that’s my seat mate to which he said no it’s hers. I said where’s her ticket then. I lost it says he. I said did ye aye well I’ve got the ticket for this seat. He then says oh did you find it outside? I said FFS mate how daft do you think I am to which he replies “Gonny no stick us in I managed to double up with her to get in at 1:30pm when the stewards weren’t checking tickets”. I just said “Well mate I’m 60 years old and if I want to sit down that’s my seat. If she wants to sit then she’s on your knee!” She was about 18 years old and the same in stones I think! He just said “Aye ok pal cheers” Hampden is murder to try and get your own seat because of half wits who think it’s still the 1980’s and it’s the old terraces.

A lot of that is the sfa reserved allocation a lot of the time they give to employees a couple of tickets etc. someone has fucked up somewhere. The big empty side is hearts.

I sit in section N debentures and there were plenty of empty seats around me

I have sat there for 25 years and any unsold debenture seats go to Rangers

I know Rangers also got tickets for section m &k debenture areas

There were plenty of tickets for sale outside so disappointing that many missed out

I had a seat in Section M but I don’t have a Debenture.
It was a cracking view of the pitch.

The blocks of tickets should be sold in blocks/increments but also these clubs should be given a deadline for selling them.
Every club should have a 'sale' where their fans commit to buying the ticket for SF/Final at the start of the competition, if their team gets there.

When the tickets are allocated to each club for the SF/Final, the payment is then requested (or could be automatically taken if payment details already provided).

Obviously any club who has more 'sales' than available seats would have to divvy them up by ballot or whatever (e.g. MyGers tiers > ST holders > RSCs > Public Sales etc).

Doing it that way the clubs know exactly how many tickets they will sell beforehand and a fair % split of the available public sale seats can be made, any unpurchased seats can then be allocated to other club if they have a surplus of demand, or put on general public sale or whatever.

But MyGers works :)) I am High Bronze missed out but came up for the game having paid for a ticket from a resale site at 3.5 times its value. But do not challenge the system that gets the few their briefs, but %^*& me decades of being a ST holder gets me to see spaces in our side, whilst getting pumped for a ticket.

Roll on the final where the club will do, a ticket and a pie and a bus for £300 and call it corporate and very high silver will be the best you get for a normal brief.

That’s almost where I was sitting , two seats in on row G , noticed the first 3 full rows were taped off , was that for safety reasons ? It is a cracking view from up there.
Yeah noticed the barrier tape too. No idea why it was taped off, maybe because Hearts fans directly below us?

I think the days of the automatic 50/50 splits are now over. Dundee United started this nonsense in 2014 when they insisted on 50/50 for the semi played at Ibrox but could get nowhere near it. The SFA and SPFL have now made their point on this.
Dundee did it in the SC Final over twenty year ago. A match played with a half empty stand.

He deserved to be there if he doubled up with somebody 18 stone through the turnstile.

Back