Will we see any changes to the coaching staff?

Was also wondering this. Thought he might add one more 1st team coach that he has worked with before. I’d love to see us go for a top rated set piece coach. Austin MacPhee is probably pretty settled down south but if he fancied being closer to home we should get him in.

As above ideally a set play coach
An overhaul of out fitness and conditioning regimes and by some miracle cut out injuries by any decent percentage and we should be confident we can do well.

I know its only been a short period of time and it may have already been mentioned but Peter Leven may be worth a punt given how he seems to have turned the sheep round.

I like the idea of a Rae type.

I do think it’s important for some element of home grown awareness.

We’ve looked shite at set pieces since Culshaw left, so that’s a fair ask.

Hopefully Clement brings his own guys in, he had his own fitness coach and assistant manager all the way through with him, so hopefully he brings those guys in because they were successful together and hopefully he brings that back.

If he’s available, and I’m not sure he is, but I’d be bringing someone like Allan Russell into the fold. Set piece and striker coach, highly thought of and also played with the club at the start of his career.

At a recent presser clement said something along the lines of he’s doing too much so there will be changes. I’m assuming he meant this from a coaching point of view.

I think he didn’t bring any coaches in as he wanted to work with what was here, not fully recognising that we binned everyone bar Stewart and had interim staff in place.

Hopefully brings in a couple new coaches and lets Rae move into something new.

Sentiment aside, I would too, but only if his coaching ability merits a role
I think its more than sentiment , the most capped NI player, with us in good and bad times so seen the lot, a good player and respected, played in the premiership for years.

Compare that to Alex Rae , we dont seem to be doing that great at present.

We need one or two ex players in the background imo, look at Beale and GVB who chose not too.

I think its more than sentiment , the most capped NI player, with us in good and bad times so seen the lot, a good player and respected, played in the premiership for years.

Compare that to Alex Rae , we dont seem to be doing that great at present.

We need one or two ex players in the background imo, look at Beale and GVB who chose not too.
I get what you're saying, but my point still stands.

We definitely need to see the first team coaching reinforced.

A significant lack of tactical flexibility and, on the face of it, little to no work done in defending or attacking set pieces.

It’s too big a job for just the three of them.

Clement mid February…

A number of teams have had success with a set-piece coach, is that something you might look at in the future?

No
, because I love set pieces and that is a thing of the past but is also a reason, I think I played a lot of games as I scored a lot of goals from set pieces so I will not give away that part.

I'd think so. He's had this season to see what changes are needed to move forward, so hopefully the right people are brought in on and off the park for us to progress

Back