Will we win the cup?

Do these players have it in them to beat celtic this season and win the Scottish Cup?

• Total voters
Two different questions there. Can they? Yes. Will they? Not a chance. Many are going through the motions and are happy to pick up a paycheque until hopefully a few are shifted on in the summer.
It’s not a winning mentality. Where is the pride in being second? I hated playing in games where guys want to show off their boots and hairstyles but not showing any desire to win. I hate watching it too.

Yes they can win it.. but can I see them winning it unfortunately not !!
Good to see a few players getting a run out yesterday so hopefully a stronger squad.
Is it not something like the last 5 league games we have had a contentious decision go against us ?
So you have to factor that in. But these things even themselves out right ? :))

Last edited:
A couple of months back we were all singing 'eff you celtc we're gonny win the league', the collapse in our squad coupled with yet more injuries since then is making me dread Saturday.
We aren't beating them , sadly.

i think we can. score first for a change, they tire last 1/4 match.
also depends on the managers team, need to match them up in the midfield. Sterling, Raskin and Dio.

You never know, but I can't see it. There's literally nothing pointing towards us winning, other than the fact these runs in football have to come to an end sometime. Here's hoping it's this time. Although I'm starting to sound like a broken record saying that

There's certain posters on here who probably don't even want us to win the cup so that they can slaughter the team and certain players
Never see them when we win
You are spot on mate. This rubbish about players not caring and having chucked it is rubbish. Many of the players might not be good enough but that is totally different from the allegations being thrown at the players.

Of course. Blood and snotters like the 84 league Cup final, but yes, if we get Sima in the team and don’t defend like an Under 13 BB team, yes, we can beat them.

Very dependent on what kind of team we can actually field from the casualty squad.

Either way expectations are set to low, will be there but definitely a feeling of going with hope rather than any kind of realistic expectation.

The trophy will be looking beautiful dressed in red white and blue ribbons next week. I am looking forward to it.

Voted no, as i can't see this team having the spine to turn the Bheasts over, Saturday will be more hope than belief

We can't defend crosses to either post or long balls and Cantwell will dick about and lose possession before he gets subbed off.

Villa qualified for the CL overcelebrated and got horsed today, we must be mega up for this and they are off it a little do the cvnts.

Yes from me, hoping we get some injured players back we can up our game for this i'm sure against probably the most average scum side I've seen in recent seasons.

Can we win? Difficult with the current rules of the game in Scotland.

Will we win? Absolutely. There is no other answer.

Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

(Strange question on a Rangers forum)

3-1 to the mhanks if i was a betting man, put up a fight for the last 20 mins when its done

On the basis we’ve not laid a glove on them and half the squad have checked out, I’m seeing nothing that points me to a Rangers win. I know the battle fever will kick in, on the day I’ll believe in my heart we will do it, my head just tells me “prepare for another let down and another loser medal to add to the collection”.
I don’t agree we’ve not laid a glove on them. All our defeats have been by a solitary goal have they not?
That’s before you even look at penalties given, not given, goals not given etc etc

All the mediocre European teams that pump them home and away and we can't even give them a sleepness night before the game. I feel sorry for our younger fans.

If a poor Aberdeen team can take 3 off them at Hampden then we should be more than capable of doing the same. Like all old firms the first team to score will have a big advantage so hopefully we don't sit back like the last few games against them.

I think the sheep have more grit than our current bunch, at present.

With the injuries we have and the shockingly poor desire to steamroll them.
I am swaying towards no.

Just want to win to get the monkey off big Phil's back about beating them and to give us as a support a boost over the summer.

Have to be realistic, our lot just dont have the fire in their bellys to beat them. The days of John Brown being in his full strip 90 mins before kick off and having to breathe into a brown paper bag to stop him from hyper ventalating as he was so fired up are a million miles away from this lot.

Should go 4-5-1 with Sima giving a good solid hour. Pack the midfield and try to stifle Frog Eyes. Keep 11 men on the pitch, score first and ride our luck.

We need to score first to have a chance, the ebb is low at the moment and I just don't see us having the thunder to get the win.

As sad as that sounds, these players just don't have the guts.

I don’t agree we’ve not laid a glove on them. All our defeats have been by a solitary goal have they not?
That’s before you even look at penalties given, not given, goals not given etc etc
For this reason , I think we will win next week .

Haven't spoken to anyone who thinks we will.

Very much a "You never know, but..." mood.
Small sample size but at my daughters swimming class today there was the usual gaggle of Tim bastard dads who congregate to talk all things rattler, and none of them are confident.

Still think we'll get pumped though. Absolutely nothing I've seen lately suggests otherwise.

I admire the optimism of anyone voting yes to this, but this group of players are mentally weak and have regularly let down the support. I'll be astonished if they don't do it again on Saturday.
They beat Betis away , they destroyed hearts , they came back from 0-2 against Celtic . They CAN beat them and I believe we will . Because we’re Glasgow Rangers . The day we are defeated before the game starts is the day we’re not any better than hearts or Aberdeen

28% of people on FF either drunk tonight or got heat stroke
Or maybe just have some hope that we can pull it off. Why bother going to a game or watching it when you believe we are beaten before kick off?

Yes the team are poor and lack motivation but just maybe they will apply themselves in this cup final.

They beat Betis away , they destroyed hearts , they came back from 0-2 against Celtic . They CAN beat them and I believe we will . Because we’re Glasgow Rangers . The day we are defeated before the game starts is the day we’re not any better than hearts or Aberdeen
Was there that night, incredible.

I'm usually optimistic but I have now had enough of this squad and my feeling towards them is just apathy. I've also seen enough of them to know how Saturday ends and it isn't positively.

Said no based on recent games against them. But if we start the game without Lundstram and have Yilmaz, Sima and Sterling starting (sterling midfield) , and Mccausland on the opposite side from Sima, then It's almost a completely different side to the one that's been playing against them recently because it has balance, pace in behind and a midfield that has a much better chance of matching theirs.

Back