Will we win the cup?

Do these players have it in them to beat celtic this season and win the Scottish Cup?

• Total voters
Yes we do because in reality the games haven’t been too far apart. We’ve been beat 3 times and drew but apart from a couple of first half calamities we’ve not been tore apart.

If we can start calmly and controlled with the ball and be tight defensively then there’s a very good chance.

They can be got at defensively and despite results we are scoring goals and we can certainly get a couple on Saturday.

Pride is at stake, personal and professional but for me the biggest thing is to stop their seemingly unstoppable run to equal, and overtake, our trophy haul officially. It is imperative as a club to stop this at all costs and I think this is being downplayed massively.

The filth don’t ever want to be under the Protestant boot and it’s taken them 130 odd years to get to this stage, this is their big chance to equal what we have and will give them huge motivation to overtake it next year so Rangers must do all it can to prevent this.

We’ve got to get it right on Saturday and we’ve got to get that trophy, even to set a marker down from the club, not necessarily the players because most won’t be there next season, so it’s got to be a statement of intent from the club to tell the filth that we aren’t done just yet.

Saturday is a massive, MASSIVE, day and we just get it right.

Even if we play our best and match them on the park, does anyone think we'll be allowed to win it given the officiating in every other OF match this season?

I just don't get how any rational or objective thinker can truly believe we will win.

The bookies odds tell you that.

I'd love to know from those voting yes what makes them think we will win?

I just don't get how any rational or objective thinker can truly believe we will win.

The bookies odds tell you that.

I'd love to know from those voting yes what makes them think we will win?
The only thing I'm clinging to that suggests we can do it is we have a decent record against them at Hampden.

Voted yes just because being the eternal optimist that I am I think we are due to give them a going over. But then again my optimism is at rock bottom. :(

3/1 to win in 90. 7/4 to win the cup.

All over those. Provided we have two centre backs, I fancy us to do it.

Fancy it based on what, can I ask?

Is it just blind optimism or is there something from the last 5-6 weeks and 3 seasons worth of OF games that you’ve seen that has you feeling confident?

I’m genuinely curious as I could be doing with some optimism.

Because we are never as bad and they are never as good as anyone suggests.

They are also conceding goals (as are we) but a couple of tweaks and we can plug the gaps.

Remember going into the 5-1 Ray Wilkins game, they were favorites.

Honestly think this group of players are completely done and have chucked it. Doubt they have the fight or desire to beat the filth and give us at least something to shout about. Pathetic state of affairs to be in.
For me the one thing you can say about them is not chucked it.
Not good enough maybe?
Selection and formation questionable in the 2 recent games?

Fancy it based on what, can I ask?

Is it just blind optimism or is there something from the last 5-6 weeks and 3 seasons worth of OF games that you’ve seen that has you feeling confident?

I’m genuinely curious as I could be doing with some optimism.
It's minus the pressure of Ibrox and the poison of Parkhead so some of our more fragile players may feel able to actually compete?

We'll need some luck as well and Celt!c to be less and at their best.

A tall combo order but I believe it could well happen.

They're obvs heavy favourites but it's not going to be one sided so we have a chance and maybe a good one at that.

For some reason I think PC will get them over the line and I think he will throw in something from left field Walter Smithesk.......

It’s been a while since I’ve witnessed such a collective lack of faith in a Rangers side. Even through the dark times we still held some level of belief, a hope that the fixture would take care of it myself and that from somewhere the shoddy collection of over paid journeymen would pull it out of the bag.

What has happened to us? Before the 3-3 game we were brimming with swagger and confidence and getting results.

They are not that good, we are not THAT bad. Surely they’ve not all given up? We have a cup to win, even if they are leaving en masse their own professional pride must want them to win, you play football at a pro level because you have a will to win. Surely it’s in our team to give us one win over them this season and go on and land the double?

Come on Rangers do it for us all. Do it for yourselves.

It’s been a while since I’ve witnessed such a collective lack of faith in a Rangers side. Even through the dark times we still held some level of belief, a hope that the fixture would take care of it myself and that from somewhere the shoddy collection of over paid journeymen would pull it out of the bag.

What has happened to us? Before the 3-3 game we were brimming with swagger and confidence and getting results.

They are not that good, we are not THAT bad. Surely they’ve not all given up? We have a cup to win, even if they are leaving en masse their own professional pride must want them to win, you play football at a pro level because you have a will to win. Surely it’s in our team to give us one win over them this season and go on and land the double?

Come on Rangers do it for us all. Do it for yourselves.

Frankly "What has happened to us" is the last 6 weeks of football, including one of the worst halves of football I can recall a Rangers team playing in the 3-3 game you mention, which has severely sapped the life out of the support.

Of course it's possible but confidence is justifiably low in the squad right now.

Frankly "What has happened to us" is the last 6 weeks of football, including one of the worst halves of football I can recall a Rangers team playing in the 3-3 game you mention, which has severely sapped the life out of the support.

Of course it's possible but confidence is justifiably low in the squad right now.
I know. I know. I’ve live through it too. Every last depressing back pass or half arsed attempt at goal, or leisurely stroll of lundstram or barasic to name but two. I’m just howling at the moon.

I know. I know. I’ve live through it too. Every last depressing back pass or half arsed attempt at goal, or leisurely stroll of lundstram or barasic to name but two. I’m just howling at the moon.
Checked this morning - can get Odds of 14/5 for Rangers to win over 90 minutes : 13/8 to win Cup outright.

They are fragile at the back and there to be beaten. Saw little evidence so far though that we can set up to stop them playing and then take advantage of their weakness. Teams like Aberdeen may have more of a chance as they don't turn up some weeks but that won't happen in a game with us.

We have a chance but need to mix the formation up and hope VAR decisions on the day are kind to us. Due to champions league cash they also have a squad that has cover in all areas which has certainly helped them in our games over the last few seasons

Until we acknowledge that the midfield must be won in these games and do something about it, we will continue to be second best. We need legs, aggression and mentality. Not seen that for quite some time.

It’s getting closer to Saturday I’m in the Ranger’s end behind the goals Clement has them sussed it’s a one off game our players are up for it their fullbacks are shite their CBS are pish attack attack attack 4-1 Rangers! Come on!

Voted yes, it’s a free hit now IMO.

I hope Big Phil mixes it up, flood the midfield.

It is possible, but on recent evidence, on paper, on form, etc, etc. It seems highly unlikely

Hope rather than belief or expectation at the moment.

Back