William Hill to be sponsors of the SPL?

I presume so, aren’t Celtic also sponsored by a betting company?
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe Unibet won't be making as much of an issue with it as Parks was re: Cinch (although in reality that was more a point scoring/posturing with the SPFL rather than genuine damage to Parks car sales business). I'd imagine if 888 (Hills) and AsianBGE (Dafabet) weren't going to be OK with this, it'd be a complete non-starter.

The issue with the Cinch deal was they did not follow the correct process when we declared a conflict of interest. I doubt we will do the same this time considering that most teams are sponsored by betting companies anyway.

Thought sponsorship from betting companies was being banned?
Was about to ask the same, thought it was supposed to be phased out?
The Premiership agreed on it down south but I don’t think it was anything bigger.
They certainly are looking at it make it law

English Premiership clubs have agreed to shirt front sponsorship ban from 2026/27 as part of the ongoing review of current gambling legislation.

The parent company of Ladbrokes has scaled back it's sponsorship in football that was around 5 years ago

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe Unibet won't be making as much of an issue with it as Parks was re: Cinch (although in reality that was more a point scoring/posturing with the SPFL rather than genuine damage to Parks car sales business). I'd imagine if 888 (Hills) and AsianBGE (Dafabet) weren't going to be OK with this, it'd be a complete non-starter.
You would have thought that this would have been looked into with the Cinch deal but this is the SPL and Doncaster we are talking about

32 Red became sponsors in 2014

Ladbrokes 2015-2020 League
Betfred 2016-2020 League Cup
William Hill 2011-2020 Scottish Cup

and nothing was raised about those deals about any conflict of interest
They probably raised the request with the club and all effected parties agreed, unlike the cinch bullying and non communication nonsense from Doncaster.

The fact they haven't announced the figure and just say "record deal" you know it's not going to be much.

A quick google says the Swiss league has a sponsorship of around 31 million euros a year. A league below us in the coefficient and one we should be looking to be on par with.

And we're probably going to be asked to be thankful the combined £1.8 million that gets agreed.

888 holdimgs have lost a lot of value in last 3 years and brokers worried ( still make a profit ) but the SPFL sponsors have a poor record for difficulties Petrofac Cinch in trouble apparently suspect only offer on table

Doncaster close to signing a deal.

Is this any different from last time as Unibet are our shirt sponsors?
Knew it would be something like that as they were "talking about changing the rules"

In reality, it's no different to the Tennents Scottish Cup when we were sponsored by McEwans in the 90s.

It's just about getting round the table with clubs and sponsors. They weren't prepared to do this with the cinch thing.

The issue with the Cinch deal was they did not follow the correct process when we declared a conflict of interest. I doubt we will do the same this time considering that most teams are sponsored by betting companies anyway.
The Parks connection had a lot to do with it also, no conflict of interest this time.

Reactions: TQ3
Will this not have the potential to lead to a cinch like scenario as happened with us?
I’m just thinking that if they are ok with it (and let’s face it, they have signed off on anything Doncaster does) then it will be fine.

Given the prevalence of betting companies involved, maybe contracts are written in such a way as to allow for this.

Back