William Hill to be sponsors of the SPL?

So sponsorship of what £1.5m a year in and money out to Doncaster of £500k?

What a piss take of an organisation it is.

Five year package worth £10million.

£2 million per year from next season, up from £1.6million with Cinch

Everything Doncaster touches turns to shite so expect this to be the same! Will most likely be buttons to each club yet again! The man’s a fraud and needs removed.

I’m just thinking that if they are ok with it (and let’s face it, they have signed off on anything Doncaster does) then it will be fine.

Given the prevalence of betting companies involved, maybe contracts are written in such a way as to allow for this.
I was more thinking about Dafabets response to it. As with Douglas Park's response to cinch.

Celtic will take the money from both sources I reckon.

Scottish football again getting the bare minimum while every effort is made to help Celtic to the CL millions. When will the other clubs wake from their slumber?

I'd like to know what sort of money the Eliteserien/Eredivisie (KPN) commands for their league sponsorship (tried looking but couldn't find a figure).

The William Hill Scottish Premiership :))

Of course.

Pretty sure theres also crossover between Shifty MacLennan and various William Hill high up employees that went to join him, prior to Shifty McGifty jumping into the SPL role.
Ralph is a good guy. Known him since the 90s as I worked for Hills for over 40 years. In 2008 he went out of his way to get me a ticket for the Final in Manchester, always remember him phoning me as I was travelling up to watch us play Motherwell at Ibrox (1-0 late goal from Barry) on the Harrogate True Blues bus to tell me he had managed to get me a ticket.

I'd like to know what sort of money the Eliteserien/Eredivisie (KPN) commands for their league sponsorship (tried looking but couldn't find a figure).

Can't find detail on the Dutch league but for some context Ligue 1 in France is 20m euros per season.
Back in 2015 the Danish Superliga was getting just under £1.4m per season from their partner sponsor.

The William Hill Scottish Premiership :))

Their domestic TV deal with ESPN alone is a €750m 5 year deal.

The Eredivisie held back the international broadcast, betting and sponsorship rights when awarding the domestic rights to Disney's ESPN from 2025-26 to 2029-30.

Doncaster close to signing a deal.

Is this any different from last time as Unibet are our shirt sponsors?
Yeah, its different because Douglas Park was chairman, and he had conflicted interest with his own car sale's company. Unibet is just our shirt sponsor. Would love for there to be another feck up though, just for laughs.. B-D

Five year package worth £10million.

£2 million per year from next season, up from £1.6million with Cinch
Same as the Ladbrokes deal then. Leagues across the planet are getting higher and higher sums yet we’re stuck on 2015 prices.

Following inflation, that 2015 £2m a year figure equates to £2.6m a year in 2024.

Absolutely mental how they keep getting away with underselling the product.

With Doncaster's fantastic skills it'll be a shitter of a deal and worth very little to Scottish football - it will however more than likely be enough to keep him in his obscene salary.

He will start his irrelevant pish about the sphell being the most supported in europe again as a deflection. What good is that stat being trotted out continuously?

The issue last time was Park.

We don't have anyone on our board who is running a betting company, so there is no issue.

It’s wasn’t Park’s fault the last time. It was the SPFL board didn’t do their job right and deal with any conflicts. Park and the club won the fight, proving the league was in the wrong.

There won’t be any issue this time as they’ll double check to make sure they ask and resolve any conflicts which is 90% of the members

I was more thinking about Dafabets response to it. As with Douglas Park's response to cinch.

Celtic will take the money from both sources I reckon.
We will probably never find out, but I would be interested in how contracts are formed in this kind of situation - there must be loads of conflicts.

Back