With the 5% old firm allocation agreed should we offer this to other teams too on the basis of bigger allocations for us?

Should the 5% offer be made to other teams?

• Yes

Votes: 148 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 236 48.2%
  • Only for certain teams

Votes: 106 21.6%

• Total voters

Scotty_boy90

Given what's been released today and that ST holders will have to move to keep their old firm ticket should we offer this percentage to others so we can have more away fans at other venues?

Hearts are only offering us 600 or so as it stands with Hibs saying they will cut our allocation too. Our Aberdeen allocation has also been cut in recent years. If we game to a bigger share agreement we would have around 1k at these stadiums so more bears managing to secure tickets for the bigger away games.

If clubs can fill the 5% would you offer it to them? Those who wanted more away fans for the OF games said it would improve the atmosphere so would that also be the case for the bigger clubs? Patrick thistle brought a decent crowd for the last couple game against them and had a decent atmosphere.

It would also mean that there was no 'special treatment' for any club. If they don't want or can't fill the 5% they have by a certain date to say so and could take the traditional 800 or there could be an arrangement for like the livi game where away fans are moved elsewhere.

Given today's news I'd be willing to give it a try.

What are your thoughts bears?

Last edited:
I would say yes for Hearts, no for Aberdeen and I would put Hibs in the club deck, the same as Livingston if they further cut our allocation.

No other teams would really be expected to bring more.

So we offer Aberdeen, for example, 5% of Ibrox (circa 2500) in exchange for 5% of Pittodrie (circa 1000)? Or we offer Hearts that same 2500 in exchange for an extra 400 or so at their place?

Can't see that happening.

Lots of people on here wanted more atmosphere from away fans. Most wanted a fair percentage share for us and them at their stadium. If giving other teams more at our ground is a negotiation point for us to get more would we be up for it?

It might be we ask for the full stand back at tynecastle like we used to get for example but at least minimally we would get more than welcome do now.

Lots of people on here wanted more atmosphere from away fans. Most wanted a fair percentage share for us and their stadiums. If giving other teams more at our ground is a negotiation point for us to get more would we be up for it?

It might be we ask for the full stand back at tynecastle like we used to get for example but at least minimally we would get more than welcome do now.
None of the other clubs where we struggle for a decent allocation - particularly the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts - are going to agree to give us, for example, 15-20% at their place in exchange for 5% at Ibrox though. I don't see any of them agreeing a figure based on number of seats rather than percentages because they know that is more to our advantage than theirs. Why would they do that?

What about non season ticket holders who want to see Rangers at Ibrox? Crazy idea.

It wouldn't be every team. I reckon only hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen could take 2.5k.

There would still be some on public sale for those games too through seat sub and other unsold tickets in the club deck etc.

Absolutely not, the other teams only cut our allocation because of the pissing and moaning of their fans not because they sold out their games.

None of the other clubs where we struggle for a decent allocation - particularly the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts - are going to agree to give us, for example, 15-20% at their place in exchange for 5% at Ibrox though. I don't see any of them agreeing a figure based on number of seats rather than percentages because they know that is more to our advantage than theirs. Why would they do that?

Maybe not, I'm only posing the question as in if it allowed us to get more of an allocation there? These clubs used to give us more so can we entice them to give us more again by giving them a few more at Ibrox?

Would mean bigger away crowds and a better atmosphere that people think is lacking at Ibrox too.

Percentages don't work in Scotland with the stadiums. We should have pushed for a league rule of 3000 minimum away fans across the league. Would have been fair for everyone and sorted most issues.

Absolutely not, our first priority should be home fans / selling season tickets (& guarantee of that money

It should go without saying but we do not make any money from away tickets (in fact it costs the club a whole load of admin etc) we need to think of club finances first and our home support

Maybe not, I'm only posing the question as in if it allowed us to get more of an allocation there? These clubs used to give us more so can we entice them to give us more again by giving them a few more at Ibrox?

Would mean bigger away crowds and a better atmosphere that people think is lacking at Ibrox too.
More Rangers fans at Away matches is to be welcomed. However, realism needs to be factored in here. The likes of Aberdeen and Hearts aren't going to give us 15-20% of their seats in exchange for 2500 at Ibrox.

More importantly, there's the impact on ST holders at Ibrox. Many already being told this morning they won't get to Old Firm games next season and now there's a proposal that they won't be able to renew their ST at all to accommodate this. Nah, sorry. I've voted No.

I can see what is in it for Rangers fans. Don't really see any benefit for most teams, as they couldn't fill the Ibrox seats, and I don't see the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts agreeing - even if they could fill the Ibrox seats - in exchange for the significant increase we'd be looking for at their place.

Lots of people on here wanted more atmosphere from away fans. Most wanted a fair percentage share for us and them at their stadium. If giving other teams more at our ground is a negotiation point for us to get more would we be up for it?

When you say most people wanted this, do you mean the arm chair fans craving atmosphere or media luvvies saying the TV spectacle isn’t as good?

I am an ST holder in the area but im unaffected So didn’t read much past that, but assuming ST holders who have to move will be accommodated with what few seats there are available on OF day that are not ST’s that almost means there would be more chance of a Celtic ST holder seeing rangers at Ibrox than a rangers supporter who doesn’t have a ST, doesn’t sound right to me.

More Rangers fans at Away matches is to be welcomed. However, realism needs to be factored in here. The likes of Aberdeen and Hearts aren't going to give us 15-20% of their seats in exchange for 2500 at Ibrox.

More importantly, there's the impact on ST holders at Ibrox. Many already being told this morning they won't get to Old Firm games next season and now there's a proposal that they won't be able to renew their ST at all to accommodate this. Nah, sorry. I've voted No.

I can see what is in it for Rangers fans. Don't really see any benefit for most teams, as they couldn't fill the Ibrox seats, and I don't see the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts agreeing - even if they could fill the Ibrox seats - in exchange for the significant increase we'd be looking for at their place.

Personally as I said before I would have kept everyone at 800, Old firm games included, and taken the season ticket sale benefit but if we are offering more for them then I cant see why not if we get an agreeable deal away from home for the other fixtures too which allows stadiums to be fuller around the country with extra bears there.

It doesn't need to necessarily be a reciprocal 5% arrangement for us, just a bigger allocation than we are going to get as it stands.

Absolutely not, our first priority should be home fans / selling season tickets (& guarantee of that money

It should go without saying but we do not make any money from away tickets (in fact it costs the club a whole load of admin etc) we need to think of club finances first and our home support

I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly until the agreement today. Apparently pressures from the league and sponsors are important.

As I have said previously id have kept everyone at 800.

I would say yes for Hearts, no for Aberdeen and I would put Hibs in the club deck, the same as Livingston if they further cut our allocation.

No chance hearts they have cut our allocation again so give them exactly the same 950 in the corner or up in club deck same with sheep and hivs

Only ones that would fill it outwith the tims are Hearts the rest wouldn't do it. These clubs are looking after their own fans first which they're entitled to do but like Hearts it's ridiculous when the section we used to get is lying half empty. Pittodrie is always empty as is Easter Road Hibs are just playing to the gallery with that decision.

Only place we would get more tickets than we do now is Tynecastle. Why would we offer them 1800 more tickets just to get 350 more there?

As I've said it isn't necessarily a flat 5% for 5% reciprocal agreement but a negotiation position.

However we have heard a lot about the importance of spectacle, the good of Scottish football, and the 'atmosphere' away fans bring. Are those factors only important in OF games?

When you say most people wanted this, do you mean the arm chair fans craving atmosphere or media luvvies saying the TV spectacle isn’t as good?

I am an ST holder in the area but im unaffected So didn’t read much past that, but assuming ST holders who have to move will be accommodated with what few seats there are available on OF day that are not ST’s that almost means there would be more chance of a Celtic ST holder seeing rangers at Ibrox than a rangers supporter who doesn’t have a ST, doesn’t sound right to me.

Sorry by most people want a fair deal I meant those I have spoken to agreed that we should have an equal percentage at their place as we have at ours. No more of them getting the whole broomloan whilst we get less of a percentage stuck in the corner etc.

Given what's been released today and that ST holders will have to move to keep their old firm ticket should we offer this percentage to others so we can have more away fans at other venues?

Hearts are only offering us 600 or so as it stands with Hibs saying they will cut our allocation too. Our Aberdeen allocation has also been cut in recent years. If we game to a bigger share agreement we would have around 1k at these stadiums so more bears managing to secure tickets for the bigger away games.

If clubs can fill the 5% would you offer it to them? Those who wanted more away fans for the OF games said it would improve the atmosphere so would that also be the case for the bigger clubs? Patrick thistle brought a decent crowd for the last couple game against them and had a decent atmosphere.

It would also mean that there was no 'special treatment' for any club. If they don't want or can't fill the 5% they have by a certain date to say so and could take the traditional 800 or there could be an arrangement for like the livi game where away fans are moved elsewhere.

Given today's news I'd be willing to give it a try.

What are your thoughts bears?
Don't like it as 5% we would give them is superior to what we get in return. The 2500 we would give them loses prob another 6 or 700 seats. They have played their hand better with the 'safety issues' and placemen to get more seats.

So we offer Aberdeen, for example, 5% of Ibrox (circa 2500) in exchange for 5% of Pittodrie (circa 1000)? Or we offer Hearts that same 2500 in exchange for an extra 400 or so, taking us to 1000, at their place?

Can't see that flying.
Agree does nothing for us.

And what happens in years like this one when Aberdeen are languishing at the bottom of the table and their fans have zero interest in buying tickets.

Logistically it’s very difficult to hand over an allocation and then redraw the segregation at the last minute if they don’t sell the tickets. We’d end up with unsold seats.

Don't think we necessarily give 2,500 to every team but I agree in principle with it. Offer more maybe 1,600 or thereabouts to other teams which is double the current amount. In return we get sensible allocations for their stadiums. Not necessarily a percentage but back to what we have had in the last especially given it can easily be accommodated.

Yes, it should be the same allocation for all teams in the league, there shouldn't be exceptions.

There shouldn't be a case where a board member is sending out e-mails to season ticket holders to say "A Celtic fan wants your seat, so %^*& off for a game. They are more important than you. Oh, but we do value you as a diligent end-user of the Rangers Franchise, pick up some MyGers points on the way out."

I would have kept everyone at 800, and insisted that we got the amount we are entitled to at the stad de gadd. The SPFL rules are in place, this is all happening to appease one club and one club only. They want the Broomloan stand because of the massive advantage that gives them. I only hope that this is not the creep back to giving those filthy rats what they want.

The atmosphere without away fans in big games is garbage tbh. On priviso we get similar with similar quality seating I’d give the Mhanks the whole Broomloan. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen I’d also give a bigger allocation to if reciprocated and they can sell them

The atmosphere without away fans in big games is garbage tbh. On priviso we get similar with similar quality seating I’d give the Mhanks the whole Broomloan. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen I’d also give a bigger allocation to if reciprocated and they can sell them
Where are the Season ticket holders for the Broomloan to go to ?

Why would you say yes to Hearts when they have already cut our allocation big time?

My opinion is no btw.

I’ll take that as a no then.

Grateful for spending thousands of pounds ok .
There will be plenty who will take it if you don’t want to sit there.

It’s a seat, it’s not that deep. I don’t care where I sit

I would offer 2500 on the agreement that there’s deadlines for selling tickets and unsold tickets are returned. Make the teams sell the tickets block by block

In return we get an extra 1000 odd against Aberdeen and the full stands at Tynecastle/easter Road

Back