Wolves - don't suffer in silence

A tough watch but a really good video. Well done that man and to Wolves for their on-site support as well.

We lost a good brother last year totally unexpected to mental health.

Really makes you re-think everything, no one saw this coming and he would've had so much support if only he opened up.

But speaking up is tough for men and we've got to break the stigma.

The help thread in the Lounge really is a fantastic idea and I can't quanitfy the good that will have done to so many.

Look after yourself and each other

Tough watch, wife's sister committed suicide Xmas before last, absolutely destroyed her and her folks, to witness the hurt and pain it causes it utter heartbreaking, if anyone ever feels they are in that dark place do not feel you cannot talk, do not be ashamed, pick up the phone, send a simple DM or visit the thread in the lounge, so many good people in this forum ready and willing to help. There is bright light at the end of the tunnel, speak up and let us help.

Last edited:
Ive luckily never had to deal personally with poor mental health but i still found that video quite emotional.
I volunteered to go on a mental health first aid course last year ( to be a mental health first aider) and a lot of the material centred around suicide, there were around 15 people on the course and during discussions some of the personal stories that people had were eye opening.
You really dont know what people are going through internally, we should all be nicer and more patient with everyone ( i know thats not always possible) but some people really are just hanging on by a thread and a simple act of kindness might just be enough to put them back on track.

Last edited:
I thought the lad in red at the end needed help/support instantly then read there are 4 people they didn’t show in the video who were proper immediate worries.

Very powerful video and great message from wolves.
Thought that as well, he had that look of someone who had the weight of the world on his shoulders but couldn't let it out.

I was suicidal around five years ago. Tried twice and luckily I didn't succeed, I let work/life problems get to a totally unmanageable stage where I thought it was the only way out. It was only then I realised how many people actually do care and listen. Through friends and family, I got myself out of it.

Very emotional video.

There’s a podcast called The Tin Men Podcast from 2021. There’s 4 or 5 episodes, but it is very good in its research and the goings on in the world of young men and how they are viewed. I’m 42 and luckily have never had mental health issues, however I have had friends who have come through a lot. It is well worth a listen, I found it very interesting being the father of a young boy and the world he will grow up in. Well done to Wolves, all clubs need to do more on this especially when they are dropping young lads and telling them they won’t make it.

I was suicidal around five years ago. Tried twice and luckily I didn't succeed, I let work/life problems get to a totally unmanageable stage where I thought it was the only way out. It was only then I realised how many people actually do care and listen. Through friends and family, I got myself out of it.

Very emotional video.
Well done pal, glad you got and took the support to get through it.

Tough watch, wife's sister committed suicide Xmas before last, absolutely destroyed her and her folks, to witness the hurt and pain it causes it utter heartbreaking, if anyone ever feels they are in that dark place do not feel you cannot talk, do not be ashamed, pick up the phone, send a simple DM or visit the thread in the lounge, so many good people in this forum ready and willing to help. There is bright light at the end of the tunnel, speak up and let us help.
There are possibly some on here that are struggling but can’t get access to the lounge to see what help there is.
Would be good to be able to have this on the main forum.

There’s a podcast called The Tin Men Podcast from 2021. There’s 4 or 5 episodes, but it is very good in its research and the goings on in the world of young men and how they are viewed. I’m 42 and luckily have never had mental health issues, however I have had friends who have come through a lot. It is well worth a listen, I found it very interesting being the father of a young boy and the world he will grow up in. Well done to Wolves, all clubs need to do more on this especially when they are dropping young lads and telling them they won’t make it.
The guy who did the podcast was on this last month. I'm posting the link for anyone interested.

I’ve struggled severely since before Christmas, still stuggle now if I’m being honest.

That video was brilliant, well done that man, and if I seen him around I would go for a hug!
While I don’t know your struggles mate and I’ve been fortunate so far to have not struggled with mental health but in recent times I’ve read 2 books by a Gelong Thubten, he is a monk and his books are not preachy, but teaches meditation and talks about his own struggles. It’s also closer to home too as all his studies etc… are based in Scotland. I’ve no idea if that kind of thing would be any help to anyone and know some think it’s nonsense, but I don’t think anyone has anything to lose in such things either. I hope things get better, perhaps starting with a win today!

Yeah agree that hell of a video to watch ,you don’t think the person you are speaking or sitting with at Ibrox could be going through hell and the game gets them through

While I don’t know your struggles mate and I’ve been fortunate so far to have not struggled with mental health but in recent times I’ve read 2 books by a Gelong Thubten, he is a monk and his books are not preachy, but teaches meditation and talks about his own struggles. It’s also closer to home too as all his studies etc… are based in Scotland. I’ve no idea if that kind of thing would be any help to anyone and know some think it’s nonsense, but I don’t think anyone has anything to lose in such things either. I hope things get better, perhaps starting with a win today!
Mate thanks for taking time to post that, means a lot!

I lost a dream job two weeks before Christmas, a job I would have retired at, they ended up getting liquidated. That threw me into a job that I hated for months, things outside work started to crumble slightly because I was a nightmare to live with.

Things started to pile up slightly, to the point I couldn’t sleep at night, but I’ve got a handle on it now I think, still have my moments.

Went to the doctors and was offered the usual, came out there feeling totally lost, so maybe I should have a look at your idea mate.

And yes, a win today would thoroughly help!

Thought I should explain a bit since to took the time to reply, cheers my friend!

There are possibly some on here that are struggling but can’t get access to the lounge to see what help there is.
Would be good to be able to have this on the main forum.
There is indeed, If admin are fully aware of the situation hopefully access would be granted under the circumstances. I understand why it's in the lounge but also I understand the point you have brought up.

Mate thanks for taking time to post that, means a lot!

I lost a dream job two weeks before Christmas, a job I would have retired at, they ended up getting liquidated. That threw me into a job that I hated for months, things outside work started to crumble slightly because I was a nightmare to live with.

Things started to pile up slightly, to the point I couldn’t sleep at night, but I’ve got a handle on it now I think, still have my moments.

Went to the doctors and was offered the usual, came out there feeling totally lost, so maybe I should have a look at your idea mate.

And yes, a win today would thoroughly help!

Thought I should explain a bit since to took the time to reply, cheers my friend!
No probs mate and hope all goes well for the future.

Hard watch but fair play to the guy for getting people to realise they,re not alone and to reach out if they,re troubled

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's an important message. A bit like Norwich's campaign on mental health, I find these things very moving and it's good for us to continue spreading this message.

If anyone is out there struggling, remember you're not alone.

The Norwich one was absolutely brilliant.

Football can often bring out the absolute worst in folk and can be a cause of a lot of stress and anxiety, but the game, the rituals and routines we all have and the community of fans we're part of can also be incredibly positive.

The Norwich one was absolutely brilliant.

Football can often bring out the absolute worst in folk and can be a cause of a lot of stress and anxiety, but the game, the rituals and routines we all have and the community of fans we're part of can also be incredibly positive.
The Norwich one was superb.
Caught me out.

I thought the lad in red at the end needed help/support instantly then read there are 4 people they didn’t show in the video who were proper immediate worries.

Very powerful video and great message from wolves.
I'll be honest, I thought it was going to tell us at the end of the video that he'd taken his own life. He looks to me as if he needs help, immediately. I hope he's OK, as well as all the others.

Back