Would a Cup double be a successful season in your view?

Would a Cup double constitute as a successful season?

• Yes

Votes: 506 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 530 51.2%

• Total voters

wilso10

Assuming we don't do the business in the league, would a cup double make up for it?

If you'd given me the choice of the league or a cup double at the start of the season I would have chosen the league every day of the week. The thought of losing another league title to them is absolutely devastating.

As it is, the damage Michael Beale caused has led to us where we are and if Clement can produce a Cup double from that I'd be relatively happy.

It’s not a success when points dropped that are going to lose us the league have been to a first defeat to Ross county and Motherwell at home

From where we were,yes. It's still another 2 added to the grand total after all. We've been utterly robbed all season with dodgy officials, unlucky injuries,etc.
Been a tough season so yeah I'd take the 2 cups and a close run league. But next year has to be the league 100%.

I went no. Regardless of where Beale left big Phil came in and got us into the driving seat for the league. From there we should have had enough to see it over line.

I still think it’s all to play for and am very optimistic about Saturdays game.

From where Rangers were in October, when Beale was sacked after getting eliminated in the CL qualifiers. And losing 3 out of 7 league games. And losing a Europa League game in Cyprus. And all the summer signings looking like shit. And most posters on here were saying the league was over…

It would be a bloody miracle.

On a personal level I don’t mind the domestic cup double but given the way the finances go these days their worth is becoming less and less.

In fact I doubt it will be long before the cups are deemed a non priority by both us and them, if they aren’t already. Just like the cup competitions down south.

Europe and the league title is what brings in the cash.

Assuming we don't do the business in the league, would a cup double make up for it?

If you'd given me the choice of the league or a cup double at the start of the season I would have chosen the league every day of the week. The thought of losing another league title to them is absolutely devastating.
Yes when was the last time we won two cups
As it is, the damage Michael Beale caused has led to us where we are and if Clement can produce a Cup double from that I'd be relatively happy.

Successful for Clement based on the mess we took over but as a club it can never be classed as successful if we lose the league. The only caveat I would put to that is winning a European trophy would negate not winning the title. I've voted no but its not that straight forward due to the Clement factor.

If Clement had came in, dropped a few points whilst he got to know the players and that lot moved ahead in the league, a cup double would have been a successful season, imo.

But the way the seasons gone, it'll be a pretty deflating cup final if that lot win the league.
Agree the cup final will be a bit weird for whatever one of us loses the league. The team that wins it will be celebrating regardless of the cup final result. Let's hope its us because i don't believe its over like many on here do.

I've said yes as I am assuming the question would be from when clement took over. If you offered me that then I would have bit your hand off.

If I was answering the question at the start of the season then no.

As an earlier poster stated timing October yes it would have been brilliant but getting back so we were ahead it’s not now the injuries and the Beale factor has a had a factor in all this

The amount voting yes suggests the espanyolification is nearing its completion.

Missing out on the league should never be acceptable to Rangers Football Club.
Depends on where you look at it from. I'd say some people are basing it on the goals at the start of the season, some from when Beale was sacked and some from where we were pre–Ross County. I'm in the Clement starting position, from when he took over, if we win the double that's a success (the defeats under Beale were already a huge handicap for Clement and just as much to blame as RC/Dundee). From day 1 of next season, the league is non-negotiable (as usual).

For me the cups are largely either consolation or part of a successful season when coupled with a league win.

So if we ended with 2 cup wins I wouldn’t be throwing any parades about it

It's a yes, would sacrifice both cups for the League right enough but let's all be honest it is galling to think we got into a strong position and Shat the bed against 2 diddy sides BUT when Beale lost 3 games in a week we were all fearful of a filth treble and battling with Hearts for 2nd so it will be an achievement

If the question was asked when Beale left it would be a definite yes, but based on the position we were in weeks ago it's definitely a no now.
What I'm taking from that is, the manager has made a rod for his own back, by getting us back in with a shout of the league after many on here gave up after the first game at Rugby Park.

Seems we're just not going to give managers a reasonable chance of getting us over the line. Mind, you we luckily gave Gerrard a reasonable chance and well, he won us our only league title since coming back to the spl. We now seem to be in a manager a season spiral and for me, the future is bleak.

Winning the two domestic cups is a great achievement for any club. They are difficult knockout competitions and it would be two trophies in the cabinet.

Back