Would a Cup double be a successful season in your view?

Would a Cup double constitute as a successful season?

• Yes

Votes: 506 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 530 51.2%

• Total voters
Your sound like a gullible Bawbag tbh, they’ve won 12 out of the last 13 so I’d say it’s at least a possibility tough guy
Coward, you said hard to argue with, now it's down to 'at least a possibility' hyperbolic, cowardice nonsense.
Any mitigating circumstances that allowed them 12/13 tough guy?

I don't blame the manager for the recent collapse, don't want to start player bashing but it's on them.
Not accusing you of that, sorry if it came across that way.

Tbf, the manager has hardly had the chance to get the same team out. Soon as one comes back, another drops out.

Coward, you said hard to argue with, now it's down to 'at least a possibility' hyperbolic, cowardice nonsense.
Any mitigating circumstances that allowed them 12/13 tough guy?
It is hard to argue with, circumstances or not it’s where we are financially you keep the head buried though things will change soon just because we’re Rangers eh

If we beat the Beasts on Saturday but lose the title on goal difference before beating them again to lift the Scottish Cup, it would certainly send us into next season with a greater degree of optimism, IMO, but to lose the title after getting our noses in front can never be viewed as anything other than a huge disappointment.

The league must always be the priority, and it would be a kick in the balls to have been in a position to win it and let is slip… but folk talking about a Cup double representing failure are fucking bonkers IMO.
This is the thing these days, getting into the cl to be whipping boys is what it comes to. Will never win it, but get some money in the bank. This is what matters to teams in the big 5 too. 2nd,3rd or 4th, keeps the money men happy. A trophy means nothing to some people in football now, but everything to the fans. A real disconnect, which is a shame.

Obviously I'd prefer us to win the league, and the treble as it is still on.

However, in real time of this season if it were to be a a cup double, it's a success.

If Clement had came in, dropped a few points whilst he got to know the players and that lot moved ahead in the league, a cup double would have been a successful season, imo.

But the way the seasons gone, it'll be a pretty deflating cup final if that lot win the league.
This is true, but looking at the big picture from the state we were in when Clement took over, a cup double (and last 16 in Europe) has to be viewed as success. And that's not settling for second best. It's just being realistic taking everything into consideration. Worst case scenario, we've taken the league to the second last game. Yes, we got into a position where we could / should have done better, but the bottom line is, the squad isn't good enough. I think we all know that. I could count on one hand the players I really don't want to lose for next season. Obviously we'll need to retain a lot more than that, but the vast majority are dispensible. We've made progress under Clement. Anyone who says we haven't is effectively saying Beale could have done the same job if we'd kept him. I think not. The manager has had a good long look at the squad, the league, the officials, the media and the fans. I fully expect he and a revamped squad will be much better prepared for next season. That said, I've still far from given up on a treble this season. I think we can win on Saturday, then it's definitely game on.

For Clement it’s an acceptable return given what he inherited. But for this squad of players and the club in general? No chance. Not surprised to see so many content with it though.
That's the result of so many years of failure. We have a generation of people who are actually conditioned to it. Said it many a time, we are still in a period of recovery.

Reactions: WLF
Dress it up any way you like, any season where Rangers don't finish the season as champions cannot be considered a success.
Wasn't always like that and we have plenty experience of it. Yes the league comes first, but one of my favourite memories was winning the Scottish Cup in 73, when big forsyth scored with that amazing 40 cm's shot to win it.

Years later with loverkrands was a fine end to the season. It's them getting the cl money that is the main problem here.

That's the result of so many years of failure. We have a generation of people who are actually conditioned to it. Said it many a time, we are still in a period of recovery.
We were in a great position to win the league until about a month ago. No clue how any fan can deem a couple double to be a success given the way we’ve bottled the title.

The millions in the bank, the numerous titles and cups they’ve racked up……yeah nice and level :rolleyes:
Aye just the 11 of the last 12 titles, 5 trebles in that time and about 60 million in the bank.

It's difficult to see what advantage playing in the champions league has brought them.

OP should clarify their question.

If you are asking if it is successful from where we were after the Beale shitshow then yes.

If you are asking in general if a season in which we come second in a two-horse race is successful then never.

No ,simply because we dragged ourselves back into contention for title ,had it sitting on a plate and the usual "bottlers" showed up for a 3 game period against scum,ross county & dundee and completely blew it.

It might be recoverable with an unlikely win at the paedodome on sarurday cos i think they'll drop points at killie,but we NEED that win.

I wouldn't say it was especially with the increased champions league money at stake. If we can win this league it'll help us massively financially.

OP should clarify their question.

If you are asking if it is successful from where we were after the Beale shitshow then yes.

If you are asking in general if a season in which we come second in a two-horse race is successful then never.

No need to over analyse the question, just answer how you interpret it.

But Beale did all that damage and Clement then got us into a position to be in our hands and we let it slip, we cannot ignore that fact and say “oh well, because we were far behind I can excuse all the poor stuff that came after that led to us giving the league away”.

It will be a failure in my book.

He did, but the way I see it (and I think most would agree) is that Clement was working wonders with an absolute shit show that he inherited. Not to mention we got fortunate with the tims slipping up over the Christmas period and in various other games.

As it was, the lack of quality in this squad combined with all the injuries, eventually caught up with Clement and we started dropping points.

It doesn’t really matter if your interested in the finances or not it’s a unpalatable fact, I seen a tim on Twitter say if they win the league this year there shouldn’t even be a title race for the next 10 years…..hard to argue against it
Mistake number 1) Listening to anyone on Twitter.
Mistake number 2) Listening to one of them on Twitter.

We'll both be in the CL next year if they win the league and there will absolutely be a title race even if we're not.

How much is that exactly? Genuine question because I keep seeing people mention it on here as though it's a game changer and we have seen Celtic collect the cash from CL for the vast majority of the last decade, still only 3 points ahead due to our own lack of fight in games against dross.

How much will the league champions earn from qualifying for the CL? More than the runners up if they also qualify?

Do they get £50m or much less and that £50m is made up of potential gate receipts, win bonuses and progression rewards?
The money is higher this season. Add on two extra games, extra tv money, extra prize money, extra ticket money.

It will be very difficult forwhoever is runner up to get through

From Where we came from to winning a domestic double and taking the league all the way would be successful imo.

No need to over analyse the question, just answer how you interpret it.
Hardly over-analysing, simply trying to establish what is being asked.

It massively influences how most would answer and the wording could easily clarify.

If Clement had came in, dropped a few points whilst he got to know the players and that lot moved ahead in the league, a cup double would have been a successful season, imo.

But the way the seasons gone, it'll be a pretty deflating cup final if that lot win the league.

If we were to go on and win the cup because of the way the season has went. The cup final will not be deflating in any shape. Regardless of how we feel the now about the league to go and finish the season on some sort of high with how the things have went and that lot thinking they have won the double. That in some weird way would see them furious with their own team and board. For us it allows the rest of our MANY players who are not acceptable to leave on a high.

We would celebrate the cup final very much after the deflation of the league imo.

Hardly over-analysing, simply trying to establish what is being asked.

It massively influences how most would answer and the wording could easily clarify.

The question is a very simple one to answer in any which way you wish.

Assuming we don't do the business in the league, would a cup double make up for it?

If you'd given me the choice of the league or a cup double at the start of the season I would have chosen the league every day of the week. The thought of losing another league title to them is absolutely devastating.

As it is, the damage Michael Beale caused has led to us where we are and if Clement can produce a Cup double from that I'd be relatively happy.
We had everything set to win this league. Granted, it would have been a miracle over the season, but to throw it away from where we were after the Hearts/Killie games is very, very hard to take.

The same players throwing away a league at a critical point. Again and again. If the league isn't won, I won't really take any positives, not until the close season starts clearing out those clearly struggle with expectation.

After we handed them the league title, with that defeat at County and the draw at Scumdee.

Would it hell be...
The league was done in October apparently.

The fact we’re still challenging with 3 games to go shows a huge turnaround. In the context of the season a couple double would be a successful turnaround.

Looking at where we are now a cup double would be a success. League is more important but injuries have in my view cost us that. With Danilo Sima Matondo Yilmaz and others the league would have been won by now with wins over County and Dundee.
Considering where we were pre PC anything we can get is a bonus.

I said “yes” but in all honesty I couldn’t care. This squad have let us down so me too many times now, imo. Maybe they’ll pull
It out the bag on Saturday. Who knows.

When Beale left I'd have taken it, gladly, but prior to the Ross County and Dundee games we had the opportunity to place a boot on their necks going into the game at the midden and failed to do so having already used our lifeline against Motherwell. So from that perspective much more was achievable this season and they have let us down. A cup double will feel rather flat after that with the only small consolation being that it's gained at their expense.

League is all that matters & no cup final victory will soften the blow of potentially losing the title. Not done yet but massive performance required come Saturday.

For Clement, yes & it will give him time and good will going into next season to build his own squad.

For the Squad/Club, no & many of them should be on their way with a nice memory of winning the Scottish Cup in their last game for the club.

League should always be our priority and cups come as a bonus. In saying that back around October we didn’t look capable of winning anything.

Back