Xabi Alonso celebrating with the Leverkusen Ultras

That’s brilliant to see. I honestly don’t think it will get any better for him than today. Maybe winning the champions league but to win the German league with Leverkusen undefeated is some way to bow out
Where's he off to?

*just reread. Guessing you mean it would be good to end his tenure like that!

He's done a great job with his team which if it continues to a European trophy would have to go down as one of the greatest achievements in football.

Class what a season he's having. It will be the greatest season from any European team in history if he does the treble.

Stunning season by Leverkusen.

Bayern Munich not even finishing second. :D :D

Unreal season, curious to see how they get in next season, is it a one season wonder. Or is he building something special there.

I’d say he already has really, made the Bundesliga incredibly interesting next season. I don’t think any of the core will leave, can see them having a stronger squad next season.

Either that or another Villas-Boas.

It'll be very interesting to see if they can keep this up next season.
Don't think Alonso will be in Germany next season not with all the big jobs that may come up. Would like to see him at Man Utd instead of Gareth fooking Southgate.

Don't think Alonso will be in Germany next season not with all the big jobs that may come up. Would like to see him at Man Utd instead of Gareth fooking Southgate.
He’s publicly come out and said he’s staying, which I know may not mean much if opportunity and money knock.

I could only really see it if Real Madrid tell Ancelotti where to go at the end of the season, which would be mental, but very Real Madrid.

Amazing scenes, find him to be a really likeable guy too so it’s quality seeing him do what he’s doing now. Was a cracking player, looks like he might be an even better manager.

In other news Bayern finished third so Kane won’t even get a shot at the German super cup :))

Thts how a manager should behave..he’s done the impossible but that shows how much he appreciates them no matter what..class!!

He always seemed a very smart and cultured player.

So he is as a Manager and his team in that image.

Incredible effort this season domestically and in Europe.

Surely Coach of the year.

Amazing scenes, find him to be a really likeable guy too so it’s quality seeing him do what he’s doing now. Was a cracking player, looks like he might be an even better manager.

In other news Bayern finished third so Kane won’t even get a shot at the German super cup :))

I'm trying to get my head round the fact Leverkusen have an Ultras group.

You'll need to excuse my ignorance here, but do they actually have a local rivalry and what do they sing about? 'Our Bratwurst is better than yours'

reportedly turned down Liverpool & Bayern so its fair to say he's holding out for Real Madrid, imagine if he wins Europa and wins Champion league next season ...... he'll have " The Chosen One " status in his first job

2 cup finals away from an unbeaten treble.
Think about that for a minute.
The whole domestic season plus midweek games travelling away around Europe, with a German cup run thrown in.
Without losing. Crazy, if it happens.

What an incredible achievement. Looking forward to the final with Atalanta. Should be a cracker.

Back