Yet again another penalty shout went against us

SparkRFC

I know our performance was disgraceful today but seriously how has VAR seen that in the 1st half and not give it? It was very clear and obvious in fact even Hearts TV said they got away with one.

We still should be winning the game regardless but it is again another decision we don't get.

As long as the club keep accepting it, mate, it just keeps happening.
What can the club do exactly? We say stuff, we talk to the authorities etc but outside of that there is little we can do without backing from other clubs.

Re. the shirt pulling particularly today when the guy had hold of Dessers...Would a well aimed swipe of the arm to hand thus dislodging said hand and allowing Cyriel to have a pop at goal be allowed?

If blown for a foul the referee is acknowledging that the defender had hold of the shirt which isn't allowed and should give a penalty to us.

Or am I talking bollox.

On field refs are to scared to give us penalties

I think the majority ( if not all) off ours in the league have came from VAR

The corruption is clear to see but today decision not to review showed they know that we will just accept it

If it's at the other end would I have any complaints if given? NO!

First couple of times I never really seen it. Until the behind the goal view and it is a clear, clear penalty.

Don Robertson is a cheat at the best of times. David Dickinson and Sean Carr on VAR.....well, we have all witnessed "Drop Ball" Dave referee!

I see that wee freak McDermid who shat it to give us a penalty during the week was told to give st Mirren one today ironically for a push so they could say aye but celtic do concede penalties at the piggery.
McDermid just doesn't seem to give penalties and is totally reliant on VAR.

2 at McDiarmid Park to add to the list.

There's a definite stink coming from the VAR room direction!
Having said that, I thought we dodged one 2nd half when Sterling pulled their player back!
Really, they were holding hands and Sterling pulled his away. That would have been one weird penalty.

These are the times our rangers minded pundits should be speaking out. You’ll bet your bottom dollar the Celtic ones will be gearing up to put pressure on Walsh. Happens time and time again.

That was as clear cut a penalty as you'll ever see.
I'm just relieved that we didn't need 3 points to win the league today.
If that was the case and we'd dropped points because of that non award, there would have been riots up and down the country tonight!

Reactions: TNT
That's an absolutely baffling non-call

Considering some of the shirt pulling penalties that were dished out earlier in the season - they seem to have gone wildly into reverse with them now

That's a penalty, and realistically a red card too... I think that ball is easily winnable, and if the handball at St Mirren counted as DOGSO, then that does too

I was a penalty under todays rules without a doubt.

It will be interesting to see the updated VAR stats at the end of the season. I know they mean next to nothing as the decisions have been made and the points have been awarded - but it is clear the VAR has been no friend of Rangers this year. No huge surprise I suppose.

Penalty and red card, absolute no brainer.

Ridiculous decision.

David Dickinson on VAR, again petrified to give us any sort of a decision.

I listened to the game on Radio Scotland and the whole commentary team said it was a penalty.

At the very least, he’s got to get Robertson to review it. If asked, I’m sure he’d say something along the lines of he wasn’t getting to the ball. He was getting to it or was very close to getting to it. Certainly way too close for it to even be a factor. Because it’s an absolute stonewaller otherwise. Why did it not even go to review ?

When VAR first came in, that would have gone to review and a penalty awarded. But more and more it ain’t happening. They’ve got to the VAR process as well now. Realizing there’s sweet F.A that can be done about it. There’s no other explanation for it.

He was getting to the ball, penalty and a sending off in 5 minutes. The board need to question this. mentally challengeds would be smashing windows if it was them.

That's nearly as bad as the Sakala non penalty v Dundee Utd last season. Penalty and red card for stopping clear goalscoring opportunity while making no attempt to win the ball. Clear as day.
Was that not before VAR?

Not that it would have mattered.

If you pull a players shirt outside the box and pull up it’s a foul and a good chance of a card,where has this rule came in that it doesn’t look like the player would have made contact with the ball.

So shirt pulls are ok in the penalty box as long as the attacking player looks like they wouldn’t make contact with the ball is this correct?

That's an absolutely baffling non-call

Considering some of the shirt pulling penalties that were dished out earlier in the season - they seem to have gone wildly into reverse with them now

That's a penalty, and realistically a red card too... I think that ball is easily winnable, and if the handball at St Mirren counted as DOGSO, then that does too

After the uproar about it they appear to have decided to allow defenders to cheat and break the rules rather than give penalties. Seems the low standard players are unable to play without pulling shirts.

You would think with the league being over they would just give Rangers a decision that obvious, suppose if it was Dickinson on VAR that maybe explains it his performances on the pitch are even more biased than refs like McLean.

The amount of jersey pulling on Dessers is insane i have never really seen the same treatment for any Celtic forwards probably cos the refs are never going to ignore it.

There's a definite stink coming from the VAR room direction!
Having said that, I thought we dodged one 2nd half when Sterling pulled their player back!
Nah maybe if the cnut fell back but he dived forward cheating wee prick

Was that not before VAR?

Not that it would have mattered.
I think it probably was but a ref and linesman missed it. Striker with a tap in suddenly goes flying backwards through the air. Same guy blatant handball 1st half, think he scored their goal too.

On field refs are to scared to give us penalties

I think the majority ( if not all) off ours in the league have came from VAR

The corruption is clear to see but today decision not to review showed they know that we will just accept it

At least 10 of our penalties were awarded due to VAR. That was the count a few months ago, I'm not sure what the update is.

I think it probably was but a ref and linesman missed it. Striker with a tap in suddenly goes flying backwards through the air. Same guy blatant handball 1st half, think he scored their goal too.
The linesman was right in line with it looking straight at it.

I'm sure it was that fuckur Connor.

If you pull a players shirt outside the box and pull up it’s a foul and a good chance of a card,where has this rule came in that it doesn’t look like the player would have made contact with the ball.

So shirt pulls are ok in the penalty box as long as the attacking player looks like they wouldn’t make contact with the ball is this correct?
Great post and somebody somewhere needs to put this question to the referee authorities. Is a shirt tug a foul or not?? Surely we don’t have a rule that says it depends on the force of the tug or whether or not the player was getting to the ball. I’m getting so disillusioned with the modern game, take me back to the 70’s please.

Back