Yilmaz - Keep or sell?

Yilmaz:

• Keep

Votes: 445 66.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 228 33.9%

• Total voters

The Sasa Shuffle

Would you keep or sell Yilmaz this summer? Even though it means well need to recruit two left backs in the summer, I would be selling him if a bid close to what we paid was received.

I like him as a player but he is rarely available and seems to take a long time to recover from injuries, which isn’t good for a 22 year old. We can’t run the risk of another Helander, Jack or Roofe in the squad.

keep unless the offer allowed us to completely rebuild - ie 15m plus

If we can get a good fee we need to sell, he's hardly ever available so let someone else take the risk on that.
Every player that was on form we lost through injuries, Lawrence, Sima, Yilmaz, Cantwell, Roofe etc etc

Maybe it's about time the board took action against the Sfa for not giving our players more protection Celtic don't put up with it but as the least protected team in the league the board needs to get their finger out!

Voted keep. Only because we won't have the finance's to replace him. There's much bigger problems needing addressed first.
The point of selling him is to raise the money for a replacement.

We’re supposed to have a player trading model, if it worked then he would be being sold this summer at a profit. Given that he way his career at Rangers has gone, his value will likely only plummet.

Every player that was on form we lost through injuries, Lawrence, Sima, Yilmaz, Cantwell, Roofe etc etc

Maybe it's about time the board took action against the Sfa for not giving our players more protection Celtic don't put up with it but as the least protected team in the league the board needs to get their finger out!
It’s not the SFAs fault we keep signing crocks.

I dont think he wants to be here,id be listening to offers.
Greatly improved but if hes not really in to being here he can go along with a load of others.

Keep - as a back up - and get rid of Barasic.

Realistically, the entire defensive unit needs a major overhaul and I include a goalkeeper in that as I fully expect Butland to leave this summer.

He got injured playing for his country, the same as Sima.

Our board and management sit back and accept any of sh*te from the officials, that'll never change.

Definitely keep - Ridvan is a very good footballer and he’s under contract for another 3 seasons where you’d hope with progression and game time his value will increase a lot. He just needs to become more robust when it comes to his fitness.

I dont think he wants to be here,id be listening to offers.
Greatly improved but if hes not really in to being here he can go along with a load of others.
Turkish players in general dont play much in other countries.

There teams never travelled well either when playing in the champions league .

Sima and Yilmaz were injured on international duty, Roofe pulled something taking a shot. I don't know what the SFA are meant to do about that

Keep. Only exception would be if he has a good Euros and we are offered a fee that we can’t turn down. Say £10 million

he's the only LB we have for next season
have enough recruitment to do without adding another LB to the list
His fitness can’t be relied upon. If we keep him and sign a backup player to replace Barisic, that back up will likely play more games than Yilmaz next season.

Just sell him and use the money to buy a new first pick.

He's never fit enough to be trusted to be kept.

He's shown slight flashes of being better than Borna and that's such a low bar, I think people are being conned a bit.

I'd certainly not lose sleep over him leaving at all.

Definitely keep - Ridvan is a very good footballer and he’s under contract for another 3 seasons where you’d hope with progression and game time his value will increase a lot. He just needs to become more robust when it comes to his fitness.
If we are to sell him for a big fee then 2025 is the time to do it. The summer after that he’ll only have one year left on his contract and his value will start to drop.

Are we going to go deep enough into European competition next season to get a big fee for him if he stays fit?

Ridvan has played just 2821 minutes since the start of last season across 43 appearances.

On the other side of the park Tav has played 9445 minutes in that same period over 106 appearances.

Tom Lawrence regularly gets labelled a crock and even he has played 2066 minutes in that time over 37 games. Very similar output to Ridvan but he's also 30 years old while Ridvan is 22.

We paid something between £3.4 and 5 million for the laddy. Anyone expecting to sell him for a profit after that kind of injury record is living in fantasy land.

Back