Yilmaz - Keep or sell?

Yilmaz:

• Keep

Votes: 445 66.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 228 33.9%

• Total voters
I’d sell for the right money

He’s very injury prone and this season we have struggled as Barisic should have been away

Ridvan is a good player and if he could be more resilient he would be a great 1st choice LB but can he stay fit

Would you keep or sell Yilmaz this summer? Even though it means well need to recruit two left backs in the summer, I would be selling him if a bid close to what we paid was received.

I like him as a player but he is rarely available and seems to take a long time to recover from injuries, which isn’t good for a 22 year old. We can’t run the risk of another Helander, Jack or Roofe in the squad.

Would you sell your house for less than half it’s worth?

Keep - If we get a run in Europe next couple of seasons his value will increase massively. He’s shown promise on that stage.

We don't need anymore players in our squad who can't stay fit.

His improved form before his latest injury should hopefully see us recoup are a higher fee than was rumoured in January.

Keep him until he hits his peak. Say until January. If he's fit he'll play well between now, the start of next season and January I think. Then you sell him to the highest bidder as I doubt we'll ever get a full season from him.

Sell, £3-5m to a Turkish club hopefully.

Even a fee of £3m is more than Celtic signed Hatate and O'Riley for, so no time for excuses anymore that smaller fees can't get us good players spread over a number of positions.

Yilmaz out in January for a few mil and Jefte in for buttons was the right mindset in theory, we'll need to do that because we have no big assets.

If we could get £4-5m back I’d be inclined to sell. If we were going to take a loss on what we paid I’d rather take my chances on a good pre season and better management of injuries going forward.

There’s a lot more players I’d rather see the back of first but agree the injuries are a slight worry.

On his game I’d keep, but realistically I’d sell due to his fitness. We need players that are going to give us 30 plus games a season, too many injuries for me.

Ideally keep but it will likely depend on funds available and what PC wants and needs to sort the side and send out.

Same with Butland, he could end up going if finances require for the rebuild.

I'd probably sell if a decent offer was on the table. There are very few I'd keep.

Sterling, Cantwell, Butland, Diomande, Sima, McCausland are probably the only players I'd have in the keep for now column. The rest I'd let go or listen to offers on.

I voted keep as I believe players like him should be the corner stone for us but..................... everyone has a price

It seems like people are willing to settle for getting our money back, which is ridiculous, to be honest.

Fair enough he's currently injured but he was excellent up until then.

Also worth remembering is that decent left-backs aren't easy to come by, especially at our price point, you only have to look at the scum's left-back setup to see that.

If we can get a good fee we need to sell, he's hardly ever available so let someone else take the risk on that.
Unfortunately that’s exactly where we are now, we need funds and unless someone is an out and out superstar, we need to get the model moving. For me Yilmaz won’t go up much in price. Sterling will, McAusland should, maybe Matondo. I hate to say it but Butland needs to be sold this window or we risk the Kent and Morelos effect of diminishing returns, I fear Cantwell and Raskin’s peak was last summer. I truly truly hope I’m wrong.

He got injured playing for his country, the same as Sima.

Our board and management sit back and accept any of sh*te from the officials, that'll never change.
Sima injury during training didn't take part

Yes it won't change, if memory serves it seems to me the right to foul our players before a card is produced feels like about 4 or 5 to 1? No protection imo!

Totally agree which is crazy given these guys are their assets so wtf?

It’s not the SFAs fault we keep signing crocks.
But it is the sfa's fault for not punishing referees being fair and protecting players of both teams on the pitch TSS! Taking knocks eventually leads to and puts you on the sidelines!

Time and time again on the pitch there are numerous knocks and sometimes fouls given unless you are Silva who got a couple of the common ankle knocks before his infamous rolling about after being fouled with contact to the face and being knocked down by the accidental collision! 4 times Silva was fouled and didn't get one decision in his favour till VAR intervened with the penalty!

Thing is these knocks take their toll, off top of my head I can remember about 4 fouls commited by Celtic players leaving their mark no bookings that wasn't in the most recent game then Lundstram hardly touched their player in that game and got booked right away now who is getting the protection?

Happens to our players that many times, I think it was against Aberdeen they kicked Cantwell that often more in the region 7+ in that one game and he ended up on injury list?

It seems like people are willing to settle for getting our money back, which is ridiculous, to be honest.

Fair enough he's currently injured but he was excellent up until then.

Also worth remembering is that decent left-backs aren't easy to come by, especially at our price point, you only have to look at the scum's left-back setup to see that.
We aren’t going to sell him for more than we paid because he is never in the team long enough to show that he is worth that sort of fee.

He’s in danger of joining Helander, Jack and Roofe as the best player in his position in the country if fit. We can’t keep these sort of players on our books until they leave for free.

Most people on here are saying sell because of his injury record and some of the prices are anywhere between 5 and some even as high as 15 million !

What club is going to spend that kind of money on a player who’s mostly injured, imagine the uproar if we went out in the summer and spent that on a player who’s played 3/4 games then out for a month or two at a time. Best we can hope realistically is recoup what we paid.

I thought he was a first pick for turkey yesterday but apparently not he’s not even near the squad I was told so in terms of having a good euros I don’t even think that’s possible either.

As reliable as Helander, Roofe or Jack. As soon as he gets a chance or a run he get's injured. I think we can get better players who'll be available more.

Sell, good player but he’s not physically built to play in our league and give us adequate game time and it’s not like he’s not replaceable.

We aren’t going to sell him for more than we paid because he is never in the team long enough to show that he is worth that sort of fee.

He’s in danger of joining Helander, Jack and Roofe as the best player in his position in the country if fit. We can’t keep these sort of players on our books until they leave for free.
He's 22, has shown excellent potential and for all we know could be back from injury next week.

I'd give him another season and if he can't stay fit then it's something we can look at, but getting rid of him this summer is premature imo.

Sell, good player but he’s not physically built to play in our league and give us adequate game time and it’s not like he’s not replaceable.

The scum spent over £8mill on 2 left backs and they're both pish, it's a position that's very easy to get wrong, especially for what we will have available to spend.

Back