Yilmaz - Keep or sell?

Yilmaz:

• Keep

Votes: 445 66.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 228 33.9%

• Total voters
The scum spent over £8mill on 2 left backs and they're both pish, it's a position that's very easy to get wrong, especially for what we will have available to spend.

Taylor has seen them off with availability and solid and consistent performances and we’ve got Ridvan in & out and Borna who’s done and should have been sold off when club’s were enquiring about him.

We need to get LB filled by a solid and reliable player not a flash player and get the spine of the team fixed. Gone from McGregor, Helander, Goldson, Jack, Davis & Morelos and replaced it with lesser and unavailable players.

Voted keep as I think he is a good player and we can see how much he has been missed the last few games but if he goes to the Euros and plays well and we receive a good offer we have to cash in to assist with the massive rebuild needed again this summer

Needs to be silly money to lose the likes of Butland, Yilmaz, Sterling and even a firing Cantwell (in poor form I know)
We need to bring in good players, not lose our better ones
£8m with add-ons is silly money for us, half for the rebuild and half for the bank

I think we should be heading for a big clear out in the summer .
Yilmaz and Butland should be kept but finances may dictate sales but we need some form of continuity . Souttar , Diamonde , Sterling , Sima and Danilo should also remain the rest can go as far as I’m concerned.

Imo because we targeted the wrong profile. Replacing Bassey with ridvan and Davies should have got everyone involved the sack.

Cortes and dio are much more like it

Agree with Cortes and Dio, I just think the conversation on getting rid of Ridvan is premature, he's shown enough for me to be given another season to prove his fitness. If he wants to leave or we have to cash in this summer then fair enough, there's a lot for the manager to look at in the coming months.

He's 22, has shown excellent potential and for all we know could be back from injury next week.

I'd give him another season and if he can't stay fit then it's something we can look at, but getting rid of him this summer is premature imo.
And if he has another season of limited availability we’ll be lucky to give him away.

Cut our losses.

Needs to be silly money to lose the likes of Butland, Yilmaz, Sterling and even a firing Cantwell (in poor form I know)
We need to bring in good players, not lose our better ones
£8m with add-ons is silly money for us, half for the rebuild and half for the bank
Who is paying £8m for a player who is constantly injured?

Apart from us obviously.

Just about the last player we should sell, if he goes you might as well get rid of every player
43178b7c-3415-489f-bc4a-17ecccad31b6_text.gif

Sell, not as good as made out and the bigger issue is he can’t be relied upon to stay fit
agree think he is like tav without the goals ,he is fine going forward but suspect when asked to defend ,so if tav is deemed not good enough cant see why yilmaz is ,sell

This should be an absolute no-brainer. It isn't a coincidence how our results have fallen off a cliff since he was injured.

Borna is stinking the joint out every time we see him and Sterling is completely right sided which is killing our width and attacking shape.

Considering we want to get rid of everyone except Butland, which isn't possible in 1 window, we will need to keep someone. He's a good player, but his injuries are a concern.

This should be an absolute no-brainer. It isn't a coincidence how our results have fallen off a cliff since he was injured.

Borna is stinking the joint out every time we see him and Sterling is completely right sided which is killing our width and attacking shape.
Unsure if this is for keep or sell.

Can he play 40-50 games a season. Certainly not shown that in the two seasons he's been here. Questions over his robustness.

One of very few sell able assets we have.

First reply nails it.
Id keep him as the wee man has shown that under PC he could be great.
Has a lot of fight in him & bags of skill/potential.

First reply nails it.
Would you prefer a player who gives us good performances, or one who could give us great performances once he gets off the treatment table?

First reply nails it.

Yet is made of quavers like so many of the current squad.

You can sell Ridvan and pick up a replacement and still be successful. That mob across the city have Greg Taylor as their LB. He's got 7 major honours to his name and looking like adding a 4th league title to that.

Sell. He's been here for 2 seasons now and contributed zero.

We cannot keep hanging onto players in the hope they come good and we get a better fee. If they are not contributing for what ever reason then we sell and move on.

Has a habit of picking up seemingly short term innocuous injuries and being out for weeks and months.

You can sell Ridvan and pick up a replacement and still be successful. That mob across the city have Greg Taylor as their LB. He's got 7 major honours to his name and looking like adding a 4th league title to that.
Aye true his physique lets him down.
Crazy we bought him anyway as a "project".
PC did say he wanted us to be the most physical team in the league so i dont see him being here next season.

All you need domestically at full back is decent defender and the energy and pace to get up and down the pitch. We really lack energy and pace at full back.

Everyone has a price but I would rather keep him. Look how imbalanced we are on the left without him. Look at how little attacking intent we have down the left without him.

He has been a big miss.
This for me as well, it's showed massively since he's been out just how important he was becoming for us.

Keep but only on the basis I doubt we would get anything close to what we paid & then have to recruit an additional 2 LB, more important areas need addressed first.

Some stats of Yilmaz’s availability:

In 2022/23 he played 916 minutes of football which equates to 18% of the total for all competitions.

This season so far he is on 1905 minutes, which is 41%.

Overall in his time here he has played 29% of available minutes in all competitions. No player considered a first choice with that sort of record is worth keeping.

Back