Yilmaz - Keep or sell?

Yilmaz:

• Keep

Votes: 445 66.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 228 33.9%

• Total voters
Good player but another sicknote so a decent offer and he goes.
I wonder if will less frequently on the sick notes at another club.

Like him. Like his attitude but it’s time to be hard nosed. He’s not available often enough so can go.

I have taken to him since he got a run in the team but this absence is no use to us.

Unless Phil can somehow inure them to such frequent injuries with his pre season fitness programme.

We have missed his aggression, pace and ability to make runs from deep. Big player for us now. Hopefully a good pre season can do wonders for his fitness. 100% keep.

Every player has their price if we have any decent ambitions of working to a player trading and asset profit model,
But.. only if price is right.

I’d love to keep Yilmaz. But there is his injury record and the fact that getting some money in would help strengthen other areas.

But then we’d possibly need to sign a replacement AND a back up unless we want to keep Sterling as a back up.

It’s a shite position to be in where we’re talking about selling our most valuable assets in Yilmaz and Butland when we should be adding quality to the team with them in it.

It’s a shite position to be in where we’re talking about selling our most valuable assets in Yilmaz and Butland when we should be adding quality to the team with them in it.
I genuinely worry that we'll see other clubs come in and make decent bids for Butland, Yilmaz ... and Sterling.
And that we could sell the lot of them.

And still "not have any money".

Simples. Sell if we get the right offer, keep if we don’t. Applies to any player, even Jack Butland. We’re a business and that’s how we build a sustainable business model.

It’s not the SFAs fault we keep signing crocks.
Yes and no

Take Cantwell

That maeda challenge in first scum game was a red all day it ultimately kept him out for couple of weeks with on and of games after. Was red all day.

The cup final when you could clearly see the sheep player raise his arm so he clattered back off his head. Again a red he didn't need raise his arm to hit him like that.

The motherwell one I think where got booked he went mental at there player when you watch it back he tried to straight leg right into his shin when ball no where near if he hadn't jumped his leg was broken.

Fact none of those incidents resulted in cards for the opposition means they know they can get away with it. It does put little niggles and injuries that can put players out for periods.

Yes and no

Take Cantwell

That maeda challenge in first scum game was a red all day it ultimately kept him out for couple of weeks with on and of games after. Was red all day.

The cup final when you could clearly see the sheep player raise his arm so he clattered back off his head. Again a red he didn't need raise his arm to hit him like that.

The motherwell one I think where got booked he went mental at there player when you watch it back he tried to straight leg right into his shin when ball no where near if he hadn't jumped his leg was broken.

Fact none of those incidents resulted in cards for the opposition means they know they can get away with it. It does put little niggles and injuries that can put players out for periods.
That doesn’t alter the fact that players like Roofe, Helander, Jack, Davies, Lawrence, and Yilmaz are constantly crocked.

We even let one of our permanently injured players run his contract down then gave him a one year extension!

Both Butland and Yilmaz are probably the only assets we can sell for a possibly decent fees in order to fund improving the team all over the pitch.

That doesn’t alter the fact that players like Roofe, Helander, Jack, Davies, Lawrence, and Yilmaz are constantly crocked.

We even let one of our permanently injured players run his contract down then gave him a one year extension!
Hence why I said yes and no both can be true

Some players we signed knowing they had injuries but rotated then ie helander balogun is decent example good players but physically not able to play 3 games a week.

We recruited players of that profile cause they were good players but means they can't play every week

Under Gerrard I get why we did it as he had to build the squad i initially but the failure of the board to invest when they should have and or selling assests when they should have resulted in us staying with punts on players and not younger quality that will be carrying little or no injuries.

Our full recruitment strategy has been wrong for a long time

Would you keep or sell Yilmaz this summer? Even though it means well need to recruit two left backs in the summer, I would be selling him if a bid close to what we paid was received.

I like him as a player but he is rarely available and seems to take a long time to recover from injuries, which isn’t good for a 22 year old. We can’t run the risk of another Helander, Jack or Roofe in the squad.
Keep. All. Day. Long.

I’ve put sell on the basis that we cannot go into another season with players who are constantly on the treatment table. This lad is never available so it matters not one jot his good he potentially could be for us.

Yilmaz has missed 47 games through injury since joining us.

Roofe has missed 47 games through injury in the same period of time.

Back