Yilmaz sold 2 goals

Worrying yet again that the best we can say about a full back at Rangers is that "he's good at going forwards".

When taf will we see just actual defenders at our Club ?
You know, guys who tackle, stop crosses, block shots, make headed clearances and all work together?
They don't need to be Jardines or Goughs or even Maldinis, although that would be nice thanks.
Just regular defenders who can get themselves in the way and maybe help out our goalie at the back.
I said it to someone the other day, guys like that Johnston get a slagging, but I don’t see him handing off goals to us the way our defence tend to do for them. I know times change, but I still think we need to build from the back, you just can’t ship goals the way we do and win trophies regularly, especially when your defence have a knack for shipping them in the biggest games too.

I said on a match thread a fair few weeks back that it really doesn’t matter the 4 that’s playing at the back as there’s weaknesses in all of them.
The third goal came from letting their keeper waltz up the park to launch it,fekin disgraceful,none the less we are an awful team the whole back line needs dismantled the two centre backs are not up to it ,yilmaz is always injured and as for Tav FFS please somebody in management take a decision there ,his mind has gone ,his legs have gone and he has no confidence or authority left at all.

I said it to someone the other day, guys like that Johnston get a slagging, but I don’t see him handing off goals to us the way our defence tend to do for them. I know times change, but I still think we need to build from the back, you just can’t ship goals the way we do and win trophies regularly, especially when your defence have a knack for shipping them in the biggest games too.
Today is the prime example, score 3 goals and don't win. Scoring 3 goals in a game should almost always lead to a win.

Their 3rd goal is an absolute screamer, he didn't "sell" it at all ffs. Punt up the park, knockdown straight into the guy's run, volley from pretty much the penalty spot. Wtf is Yilmaz meant to be doing to stop it?

Whole defence is shocking. Tav does not defend and even going forward is getting worse.

Ridvan is better going forward but 2 big mistakes.

Centre defence is a joke. King poor but he's 5th or 6th choice so what do we expect.

Cash in on who we can to fund changes.
Whole team is shocking

You would have thought we were waiting on prime Roberto Carlos coming back, we do it with every player who is out then when they come back and aren't the superstars folk have built them up to be the same posters are the first with the abuse.

The brutal truth is that he is a semi decent injury prone player who can be a liability
Young Fraser completed the entire cycle in 1 hour today on the match thread.
First 10 minutes the usual hyperbole based on a couple of decent moments all the way to "he's miles away" before being substituted.

We have too many defenders who can't actually defend. Yilmaz was dreadful but he wasn't the only one.

PC has an unenviable task on his hands to shift the dross he has and build his own team. He got a tune out of them for a while but it's back to mediocrity for the most part.

Every long throw into the box today bar one we lost and could have conceded.

The third goal was a great finish to be fair but King nowhere near the challenge and Yilmaz asleep again. First goal a high line but no one marks the best finisher on the park. Dreadful stuff.

It has become a mantra how important how vital RY is to this team but here is a number cruncher for you he has played 90 of the 180 minutes this week and we have conceded 4 of the 5 total goals in those minutes and scored 4 of the 8 .

I am not saying he hasn’t showed improvement. But . He really is not a difference maker and has fundamental gaps in his skills that should not be unexplained .

Last edited:
Let the Tav deflection begin…
If you look at the crosses in for their goals and who should be cutting them out or at least closing them down then TAV is there to be criticised- Varga took Tav to the cleaners far too easily down the right side and put in crosses that caused us trouble all game and eventually led to us conceding- stop the cross ball you don’t run the risk of conceding goals- same with Lundstrums OG last week- close them down, stop the cross and it doesn’t happen
But yet Tav often stands off and allows crosses that leads to goals but escapes criticism ffs he is a defender first and foremost- sadly a defender that cannot defend

Last edited:
second he allowed the guy space and time for the volley, 3rd he went to sleep and let the guy run past him.
How about.
Our full team is full of shitebags and impostors who think soundbites are enough a 2 trophys I'm 9/10 seasons give or take are acceptable... our board are utterly complicit..let's talk about bisgrove an egotistical self indulgent clown who ino.takes the support for utter mugs .. ...

Can you explain that please

We had a player introduced as a sub who doesnt have the basics and that today was absolute proof . The OP is correct imo .

Because Tav not doing his basic defensive duties AGAIN, allowed the cross to get over.

Before that, he dithered AGAIN in the 88/89 th minute and caused another free kick, which meant they still had the momentum. At that point they had nothing to lose.

If you look at the crosses in for their goals and who should be cutting them out or at least closing them down then TAV is there to be criticised- Varga took Tav to the cleaners far too easily down the right side and put in crosses that caused us trouble all game and eventually led to us conceding- stop the cross ball you don’t run the risk of conceding goals- same with Lundstrums OG last week- close them down, stop the cross and it doesn’t happen
But yet Tav often stands off and allows crosses that leads to goals but escapes criticism ffs he is a defender first and foremost- sadly a defender that cannot defend
I reckon Vargas has been a really good find by Hearts and said so before but he has stepped up further and has more again imo .

We should have been in about him if possible last summer imo

He also sold first goal on Tuesday he can’t defend he’s good going forward as expected as he played as a wing back at besiktas %^*& knows why we don’t try play the same way

Because Tav not doing his basic defensive duties AGAIN, allowed the cross to get over.

Before that, he dithered AGAIN in the 88/89 th minute and caused another free kick, which meant they still had the momentum. At that point they had nothing to lose.
He had a pisspoor game today looks ground down having played constantly all season which I reckon has had similar impacts on Lundstram and Goldson . Those are the consequences of the widespread persistent injuries .

There is no logic to say one error in a defensive system causes another what it says is Ridvan never met his role in it .

He was poor, but the first he was covering the hearts guy in the middle. Sterling should have been picking him up and Tav shouldn't be allowing the cross. Even more criminal.

For the 2nd king shouldn't be standing like a statue under a high ball.

If I had a £ for every time we are saying that I’d have enough to buy a right back that can defend.

It's an easy fix for a young defender that should be getting hammered into him in training.

If he's just ignoring instructions to concentrate on movement around him, then he'll be gone.

None of our defence care. Apart from goldson. He hurts when we lose a goal, the rest shrug, the same effort they put in mentally to stop goals. But Goldson is on the slippery slope down.
We need an entire new back 4. Forget midfield or attack, we need a new defence or we will not beat that mob again next season.

He looks good going forward but always seems to be a mistake in him defensively which leads to a goal. He was at fault against Dundee in midweek as well.

I actually thought we played some good stuff today, but the same old bad habits keep recurring, missing gilt edged chances and not being able to defend properly, we continually find ways to feck things up ,ie the first hearts goal we were so open it was laughable you could have driven a horse and cart through our midfield and defence ,as the manager says ad nausea no point doing one part of the game we need to do both ,it is clear that the current squad is incapable of following simple instructions .

God forbid we have a defender who can actually defend. I know it’s a modern phenomenon that your full backs are shite defending and more like wingers but we really have two very poor defenders in the full back positions.

He had a pisspoor game today looks ground down having played constantly all season which I reckon has had similar impacts on Lundstram and Goldson . Those are the consequences of the widespread persistent injuries .

There is no logic to say one error in a defensive system causes another what it says is Ridvan never met his role in it .

I'm not accusing you of it in this thread but I reckon why there is always friction on here regards Tav, is the amount of excuses made.

He's not a defender, he's a multi dimensional footballer. No, he's a bloody defender first and foremost. And anyway, if we're full to the brim of multi dimensional footballers, who actually does the defending?

You don't get it, you're stuck in the 90s. Why the 90s? Why not the 80s, 70s or 60s?

As much as Sandy Jardine is revered, there are plenty I've met who regarded Kai Johansen, before him, as his equal. And as loathe as I am to mentioning it, Gemmell scored his fair share of goals as full back for that mob. Goal scoring/ forward thinking full backs is nothing new.

Then you have the crap that captains are a thing of the past. Aye right. Never has a Rangers team needed and required a leader than this present bunch. Who would you want leading out Rangers next week? Greig or Butcher or Gough, or even Bomber or Fergi or Tav? It's enough to make you weep.

I'll say it for the upteenth time. The goal scoring exploits of James Tavernier at full back are off the scale and will never be equaled. One hundred years from now, young Rangers fans will be gobsmacked at his statistics.

He's just an awful defender. And the more people ignore his defensive frailties the more others will point them out.

I get you have a thing about Tavernier and defending I have read those posts repeatedly and it’s your position which has also been debated often .

However this thread was started by the OP to focus on our LB Ridvan who is answerable today for the two late goals that led to our draw .

There is another at least one focusing on the club captain and his role in matters .

We love a full back that cannot stop crossed balls, cannot deal with balls across the face of our goal, do not understand goal side, get caught under crossed balls and are so weak in the air it’s like watching a child defending. Always second to react.

Just go out and buy two full backs that have the required concentration and awareness levels and can actually stick to defending and can do it to the required standard.

They don’t have to be Lahm or Zanetti.

I get you have a thing about Tavernier and defending I have read those posts repeatedly and it’s your position which has also been debated often .

However this thread was started by the OP to focus on our LB Ridvan who is answerable today for the two late goals that led to our draw .

There is another at least one focusing on the club captain and his role in matters .

I have a thing about anyone not doing their job.

The bottom line is, their second goal comes from a cross from our right flank, because our right back left our opponent oodles of space to steady and get the cross over.

If you want to blame Ridvan fair enough and maybe you are correct. It's the constant defence of the captain that I am not accepting.

It's like the crap on here after the recent game at Ibrox. It was a freak goal apparently. It was only a freak because of the captain and his dithering yet again.

He's simply an awful defender.

Latest posts

Back