Zeb Jacobs, Academy Director Leaving At End Of The Season For Feyenoord

But we don't though

Weston cost 400k then got released. Lovelace was making appearances for Millwall & we had to offer him a good wage to get him up here.

It's really not worth spending to much on. Keep it but reduce costs
This was under the stewardship of previous appointments.

My hope is that Koppen and Clement will be better placed to utilise this. Clement brought through players at Brugge and Monaco.

PSV are winning the Eredivsie this season with a number of academy players in the squad. They’ve sold a good few historically, but even in the last year or so Gakpo and Madueke have made them a good few quid.

I’m quite surprised but his decision to move. I was invited to an event that Rangers put on at the regional performance centre in Dundee and had a one to one chat with zeb for about 20 mins.

We got to watch a youth training session and zeb then did a presentation showing what Rangers were looking to achieve with the academy. They wanted to get local youth coaches involved and helping them find the best of the young players in our area to hopefully get a step in front of Dundee and Dundee United.

Came out the meeting proud as punch and even my fellow coach who’s a massive Arab was blown away by it. We were promised any help we wanted, can ask to go to auchenhowie to view training sessions anything we wanted. At the end of the meeting we were told we’d get an email with a survey and they would be in regular contact but as was probably always going to happen we’ve not heard a peep from anyway in the academy since then and a coach from on of our older aged teams predicted in leaving the presentation that it would all be bluster and promises and they never follow up on things.

Back