Zeb Jacobs.

Family member of one of the youth team has told me the majority of them are glad to see the back of him and don't like his methods. Making them train barefoot and other mad stuff :D

The bare feet is used on the continent & in South America, studies have shown his helps build resilience and resistance towards injuries, improves balance and mobility and more. I don’t get why people got hung up over it.

Some players parents are more toxic and detrimental to the their development than someone employed by the club who has an open mind and willing to embrace different training methods.

I see such a difference in how young players are supported by their parents in Europe compared to Scotland.

The bare feet is used on the continent & in South America, studies have shown his helps build resilience and resistance towards injuries, improves balance and mobility and more. I don’t get why people got hung up over it.

As you say, it's evidence backed but because it's Scotland and you're doing something different to the norm here then it's to be treated with derision.

Especially considering we have developed such a glut of top class talent in the last 30 years.

I'm a very harsh critic of out academy mate but I can't agree with you here.

The number of young Scottish lads that have been developed at Scottish clubs in recent years and have gone on to play at extremely high levels is very impressive.

I can't be arsed listing them all but the vast majority of the national side are playing at good levels and we're trained in Scotland.

It can be done and we need to be better at it.

On the topic at hand we do need a bit more long termism in roles like that I think but nevermind I'm sure we'll manage.
It appears there is very little ‘long termism’ in football any more. I’m guessing that money has a lot to do with it.

I'm all for the job going to someone with progressive ideas, but it's pointless if you can't effectively communicate and implement them. Jacobs struck me as a pretty highfalutin, idealistic fellow; I think to succeed in at any level in Scotland you also need a pragmatic side, backwards as it may be.

Some of the guys who have been covering the youth team for close to 20 years claim Jacobs inherited and shambles and was far too inexperienced to go about sorting it out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of right coach, wrong time.

Not convinced he was actually headhunted by Feyenoord either, fwiw.

As you say, it's evidence backed but because it's Scotland and you're doing something different to the norm here then it's to be treated with derision.

Especially considering we have developed such a glut of top class talent in the last 30 years.
Exactly this, we are a laughing stock, absolute back water of football at the grass roots level and have been for 30 years yet when someone comes along and tries to drag us into the modern area, we openly mock them and arrogantly dismiss their methods and stick with our mentality which is stuck in the 1980s as if we know best.

No idea mate but that's what allot of the youth players are saying.

I knew it was being used from people in the academy as players and staff. I just don’t get why people were hung up on it like it’s a mental idea. Then again the amount of ignorance and ego within the players, staff and families is staggering.
We're ignorent to change and improvement in this country mate. If we really wanted to go to a new level we should've told the the young players to shut up and do what their told.

Some players parents are more toxic and detrimental to the their development than someone employed by the club who has an open mind and willing to embrace different training methods.

I see such a difference in how young players are supported by their parents in Europe compared to Scotland.

A few years ago there was a couple of guys on here who had kids in the academy and were trying to ger moves to different teams as Rangers hadn't arranged enough tournaments abroad for them.

A depressingly predictable mindset from a footballing culture stuck in the Stone Age.

We’ll never, ever learn it seems.
Your right. I watched a session Jacob’s put on and he explained that the do things like playing bare feet to mix things up as younger players develop better if they don’t keep doing the same thing all the time. They also randomly during sessions switch the size of the balls so it could go from a size 4/5 to a tennis ball then a fuss ball it to keep their minds active and dealing with different situations.

I knew it was being used from people in the academy as players and staff. I just don’t get why people were hung up on it like it’s a mental idea. Then again the amount of ignorance and ego within the players, staff and families is staggering.

The academy is full of people self-satisfied by putting on some Rangers gear, players and staff.

Then there's a bunch of parents vicariously living through their kid's 'exploits' on social media.

Mindset of our academy is miles off.

Back