Not reaching the League Cup Final

We have gave them a massive boost by the embarrassing defeat by hivs,the squad should be made to watch this game
100%, only ones we have to blame are ourselves. Let’s hope it galvanises the squad for the title push and Scottish Cup.
We should have been picking up our first bit of silverware today. Instead, that fat greasy bastard has his first trophy as manager of Paedophile FC.

Still livid about our showing in the semi.
Blame Gerrard

The psychological boost from winning a cup is the kind of thing that long-term success is built on.
Tell that to Callum Davidson and his St Johnstone side…

We just had an unbeaten league season on the back of successive cup and league failures.

Winning this cup will have no bearing on their challenge for the league title. If anything it makes it harder for them to beat St Mirren midweek as their players will be physically and mentally fatigued and one of their biggest goal threats in midfield is now injured.

Tell that to Callum Davidson and his St Johnstone side…

We just had an unbeaten league season on the back of successive cup and league failures.

Winning this cup will have no bearing on their challenge for the league title. If anything it makes it harder for them to beat St Mirren midweek as their players will be physically and mentally fatigued and one of their biggest goal threats in midfield is now injured.
They'll ream St Mirren into another dimension. Behave yourself, ffs...

The League Cup was devalued years ago When the Euro place was lost.

St Johnstone won it last season by winning 8 games, celtic this season by winning 4.

Its a bit of a farce these days.

However it is embarrassing getting put out when we are playing first team players.
I like the League Cup, it was the first trophy I was there to see Rangers pick up and it was a very happy tournament for us in my youth.

I really dislike when folk talk it down, it remains part of the competititive landscape within Scotland and Rangers should always be trying to win it.

We have a big squad, the best team in Scotland and in cup competitions we have one serious rival to beat. We also haven't won a cup in over a decade.

It's a pish poor set of affairs, even allowing for the league to be more important.
Let's just keep Keeping the Zero and we'll be fine.

Its a crying over spilt milk situation
We blew it and thats that.
Its crucial we win the league this year due to CL reward. Yesterday was scary so hope we can go onwards and the whole squad is very motivated.

We should have been picking up our first bit of silverware today. Instead, that fat greasy bastard has his first trophy as manager of Paedophile FC.

Still livid about our showing in the semi.
Hope the posters who apparently didn't care about us competing in the league cup are enjoying the paedo fc celebrations, courtesy of our sh.it show in the semi final.

Last edited:
It boils my piss to think that we were not strutting our stuff at Hampdump today. We can't blame Gerrard, he had gone & we were just off the back of pumping Motherwell & R County. GVB did not have a work permit. The blame lies solely with the players - they were utter muck that day - Greegsy, Tav, Goldson, Alfie et al.

We would have beaten the vhermin today - it i s down to our players that there is not another major trophy in the cabinet today.

It boils my piss to think that we were not strutting our stuff at Hampdump today. We can't blame Gerrard, he had gone & we were just off the back of pumping Motherwell & R County. GVB did not have a work permit. The blame lies solely with the players - they were utter muck that day - Greegsy, Tav, Goldson, Alfie et al.

We would have beaten the vhermin today - it i s down to our players that there is not another major trophy in the cabinet today.
You do know the mentally challengeds will be making their very own KDS meltdown threads based on this ?
Let’s not give them ammo

Some depressing attitudes towards the cups that has crept in since our journey back to the top. They all matter, and any Rangers team should be striving to win the lot. I don’t understand some opinions that seem to think it’s the cups or the league. You can win both.

Reality Check Time.

The Scottish League Cup is the single most pointless and worthless trophy in World Football.

I’d be happy for Rangers to get KOd at the first hurdle every single season.

Reality Check Time.

The Scottish League Cup is the single most pointless and worthless trophy in World Football.

The club’s culture is built on winning, winning trophies drives that culture. We haven’t been successful enough in recent years to be turning our nose up at trophies. Bizarre attitude in my opinion.

Our cup record is woeful and I don't think Gerrard every really got it ....what it means in such an environment.

We can't see one trophy every decade as anything we'd be interested in. We need to win for us, but yes ....to stop them. It is the nature of our rivalry.

The club’s culture is built on winning, winning trophies drives that culture. We haven’t been successful enough in recent years to be turning our nose up at trophies. Bizarre attitude in my opinion.
The no1 priority every year is obvs the title.
Then Europe represents the measurement of the team’s progression on an elite level.
The Scottish Cup would be a nice Cherry Topper.

The League Cup has no value, credibility or purpose whatsoever. It exists simply to generate fixtures in a country where most clubs have zero income outside match day revenue.

It should be binned because it’s beyond garbage.

The League Cup was devalued years ago When the Euro place was lost.

St Johnstone won it last season by winning 8 games, celtic this season by winning 4.

Its a bit of a farce these days.

However it is embarrassing getting put out when we are playing first team players.
Still a major trophy and part of the treble. I have had many, many great days and nights watching the league cup over the last 55 years.

Reality Check Time.

Totally disagree and this is exactly the mentality that needs rid of at Ibrox. I would have absolutely loved it to have been us there today.

Reality Check Time.

Take it you don’t sing “every Saturday we follow” then?

We sing about being the most successful team in football, yet there’s fans like yourself that are conditioned to accepting being papped out and not winning the competition

What chance have you got honestly

The no1 priority every year is obvs the title.
Then Europe represents the measurement of the team’s progression on an elite level.
The Scottish Cup would be a nice Cherry Topper.

The League Cup has no value, credibility or purpose whatsoever. It exists simply to generate fixtures in a country where most clubs have zero income outside match day revenue.

It should be binned because it’s beyond garbage.
How can you say it has no value or credibility? It’s part of the domestic treble - which is what we should be aiming to achieve. It’s hardly in the format of a European tournament, it’s a handful of games with the opportunity to get a trophy in the cabinet early. How can you go about shouting we’re the worlds most successful club with that point of view. Rangers is about winning, mate. And winning everything.

This season, like last is all about the title. A euro run was my other hope and we have got that. We should want to win every domestic competition but the Title and a Euro run this season we’re the most important. We have ticked the Euro box and the league is going ok. If we hit the break with an increased lead from where we sit now then job done. My one fear or rather astonishment is at the sheer number of game changing decisions that seem to be going their way. If this continues then it’s an issue.

I’m in the “no point crying over spilt milk” camp.

We didn’t deserve anything from our horrific showing in the Semi, so all the ifs and buts about what we might have done against them are pointless.

No doubt our cup record since coming back up is truly abysmal and rectifying that should be high up on GVB’s list of priorities, but the league remains top of the list for me (although the double should be more than achievable).

If Gerrard had won both cups but not the league last season and was bottom of the pile this season, he would be gone ( well...he's gone anyway but you know what I mean.)

Cups are icing on the cake. The league is the only true measure for Rangers. Winning cups did nothing for John Greig or Jock Wallace ( second time around.)

There would be something wrong if any bear wasn’t disappointed not to be involved today, but it doesn’t touch the despair they’ll be feeling to have blown last season and facing another title disaster next year. Deep down they know we’re stronger. Confident they’ll drop more points, especially to us. Europe also a good indicator of our progress compared to them.

Gerrard and our backroom team walking away are as much to blame for this as our players who did not try at all against Hibs.
For me still a lot of our players do not have the metal needed to represent us.

Another trophy for them after a needless feck-up on our part, and they creep even closer to our record haul of trophies.

We absolutely require a sustained and relentless run of success. Of course the championship is the priority, but the cups are important too and we can't keep just writing them off.

Last season was an aberration with St Johnstone winning both cups, but the fact of football in Scotland is, that if it isn't us celebrating at Hampden, then it's more than likely going to be them.

At the very least the Scottish Cup must be delivered this season along with the Premier League trophy.

Our record in the cups in recent years is frankly shameful.

Of course the league is always the priority, and the runs in Europe were great & took the pressure off some of the cup losses to a large extent, but a good number of our performances in the cups have been horrific and inexcusable. Some of these recent ties have been real low points for the club eg Hearts away, St Mirren away, St Johnstone at home & Hibs at Hampden - twice.

Every trophy they win is one that we haven't, and here we are again, watching a clown just in the door parading a trophy already.

OK, it's not the top priority, but if it's such a "diddy" cup why are we not winning it then?

It's not good enough.

If Gerrard had won both cups but not the league last season and was bottom of the pile this season, he would be gone ( well...he's gone anyway but you know what I mean.)

Cups are icing on the cake. The league is the only true measure for Rangers. Winning cups did nothing for John Greig or Jock Wallace ( second time around.)
The difference is, it’s a 2 horse for the league in Scotland and our budget absolutely dwarfs every single club in Scotland outwith Celtic

We’ve not won a domestic cup since March 2011, that is absolutely unacceptable. Even with the demotion, we should’ve won a domestic cup in the last 10 years

People are desperate to down play the significance by highlighting attitudes towards cups in other countries. How many other countries are as handicapped as ours with 2 teams so far out infront?

The difference is, it’s a 2 horse for the league in Scotland and our budget absolutely dwarfs every single club in Scotland outwith Celtic

We’ve not won a domestic cup since March 2011, that is absolutely unacceptable. Even with the demotion, we should’ve won a domestic cup in the last 10 years

People are desperate to down play the significance by highlighting attitudes towards cups in other countries. How many other countries are as handicapped as ours with 2 teams so far out infront?
I take your point but looking back at the cup wins by Greig and Wallace, they were fine on the day but ultimately unsatisfying and I look back on those periods as abject failure, unalleviated by cup final successes.

As long as a league campaign is still 'alive' I would take any three points over a cup final victory.

I get why people like a cup success but it's strictly secondary as far as I'm concerned.

(Edit: Most countries have only one or two teams 'far out in front'. Even England, ten times our size, has a maximum of four contenders.)

I take your point but looking back at the cup wins by Greig and Wallace, they were fine on the day but ultimately unsatisfying and I look back on those periods as abject failure, unalleviated by cup final successes.

As long as a league campaign is still 'alive' I would take any three points over a cup final victory.

I get why people like a cup success but it's strictly secondary as far as I'm concerned.
It should never be the case that it should be one or the other though.

If you want to strip it back even further, how many domestic semi finals have we reached in the last 10 seasons? From memory I believe we reached 3 in the lower leagues but Gerrard only managed us in 2 (would’ve been 3 if he stayed for Hibs)

That is utterly pathetic bud

Handed them that cup.

Only this team makes that up is by winning the league.

If they drop points on Wednesday (they can only keep scraping by for so long) then this will be forgotten.

It should never be the case that it should be one or the other though.

If you want to strip it back even further, how many domestic semi finals have we reached in the last 10 seasons? From memory I believe we reached 3 in the lower leagues but Gerrard only managed us in 2 (would’ve been 3 if he stayed for Hibs)

That is utterly pathetic bud
It's only pathetic if you care.

There was a time when the Glasgow Cup mattered, the Merchants' Charity Cup, friendlies...

It actually benefits Scottish football for clubs outside the Old Firm to win a trophy since they have zero chance of winning the league - a fact which, in itself, proves the true value of winning a cup in Scotland.

all about the league and progress in europe for me as thats where the money and prestige is. The cups are and always have been a bonus to a season.
That cup was huge significance who ever won that gives them a huge boost & unfortunately it's landed with them football is all about confidence it makes ordinary teams become good teams we are going to have our work cut out , even more harder because Kyogo the diver never seems to get flagged offside . We know they are pish but they still lifted the first trophy today & everything that goes with it 18 wins on the spin at Hampden & a huge confidence boost for the 2nd of January. After saying that I still believe Gio will take us to the knew camp & keep his unbeaten record but it will be more difficult after today .

Back