Things don't look good for Scott Wright

Bum chin

Are his days numbered. Gio obviously doesn't rate him and ive never thought he deserves to play for us as hes done nothing in his time here. Now we have Diallo who should be no where near our team replacing him . 2 very poor signings to add to Ross Wilsons fail list.

I think Gio just recognises he’s decidedly average.

fwiw, he’ll have to stay about until an academy graduate fills that berth. He’s cheap, he’s home trained and that means, he’s important for the euro squad.

I suspect Gio has started to recognise who’s here next season and not.

Guys like Itten, he’ll be done. Simpson as well.

Scott wright has been here long enough to cement a place and has done nothing. Should be moved on in the summer. Diallo is only here for a few months and will be off back to Man U reserves. It looks like a position that might need addressed in the summer.

Scott wright has been here long enough to cement a place and has done nothing. Should be moved on in the summer. Diallo is only here for a few months and will be off back to Man U reserves. It looks like a position that might need addressed in the summer.

I think Wright is just a back up winger.

Probably earns 3-5k per week.

Home trained - contributes to the euro squad. Seems low maintenance.

I think, unless we have an academy graduate, that sometimes, we just need fillers like him about.

Not good enough, looked like he would be when he came in but in the final third he’s not good enough. Offloaded in the summer most probably back to his level.

Was definitely worth a punt, but it’s not worked out form him or us. Another one we will be trying to send out on loan for the remainder of his deal.

Gonna get the Brandon Barker treatment soon where we are dying to see the back of him.

Yet another poor project signing with who has offered little to nothing.

Are his days numbered. Gio obviously doesn't rate him and ive never thought he deserves to play for us as hes done nothing in his time here. Now we have Diallo who should be no where near our team replacing him . 2 very poor signings to add to Ross Wilsons fail list.
If results keep going the way they are it will be Gio whose days will be numbered to let these cnuts go 3pts clear after being 4pts in front is criminal

fwiw, he’ll have to stay about until an academy graduate fills that berth. He’s cheap, he’s home trained and that means, he’s important for the euro squad.

I hope so Crouchy.

I think Wright is just a back up winger.

Probably earns 3-5k per week.

Home trained - contributes to the euro squad. Seems low maintenance.

I think, unless we have an academy graduate, that sometimes, we just need fillers like him about.

This, Our best squads have always had filler in them.

Not a fan of his but a bit strange making a new thread about him that’s been covered plenty and considering he never even played yesterday.
It follows a pattern on here after a bad result. Big threads on those who played, followed by the board and then someone needs to go attention seeking by starting a thread about someone who had nothing to do with the game. It’ll be the canteen staff next. Predictable and sad in equal measure.

Is it just me or does the OP seems to take some sort of pleasure writing that last sentence?

Indicative of our signing policy , taking punts on , at best , squad players and hoping to improve them .

Was definitely worth a punt, but it’s not worked out form him or us. Another one we will be trying to send out on loan for the remainder of his deal.
Hate this common phrase some of our supporters have for the endless list of “ worth a punt”.
We dont punt when we are skint which is obvious after raking in £15 million for SG and NP.
Villa and Everton were desperate for the above , so that bit wasnt difficult.
Go and get GVB who was out of a job and interview Lampard who was out of a job.
Ross Wilson is no better than Mark Allen.
The scouting and recruitment is shocking.
Who ever hits the ground running or comes without injury or medical issues.
The money we waste is shocking and the board must also take responsibility right to Pedro.
God knows what we have wasted in transfer fees and pay offs.

Hate this common phrase some of our supporters have for the endless list of “ worth a punt”.
We dont punt when we are skint which is obvious after raking in £15 million for SG and NP.
Villa and Everton were desperate for the above , so that bit wasnt difficult.
Go and get GVB who was out of a job and interview Lampard who was out of a job.
Ross Wilson is no better than Mark Allen.
The scouting and recruitment is shocking.
Who ever hits the ground running or comes without injury or medical issues.
The money we waste is shocking and the board must also take responsibility right to Pedro.
God knows what we have wasted in transfer fees and pay offs.
What has Frank Lampard won as a Manager, has he achieved anything of note at all or or is it just because he was pictured at Ibrox?

I think when Wright joined last year we were in a bit of a lull in form and he added some pace, directness and enthusiasm. Maybe the pressure is just too much especially the reaction of our crowd at home to a mistake.

Whether we think he will ever make it or not, I hate how we can destroy a player and then almost celebrate the comment that ‘the jersey was too big for him’.

Decent sub IMHO, came in and improved a little and looked like he would go on to be a decent signing, has somehow stalled and not progressed much overall.

What has Frank Lampard won as a Manager, has he achieved anything of note at all or or is it just because he was pictured at Ibrox?
I didnt want Lampard, a good season and he would have been back down south.
I dont rate him.

Scott Wright is not the problem. He was signed at a time he was a sub for Aberdeen, thst tells ypu his level.

The oroblem is the youth player signed to replace him is even worse.

Both signed by Ross Wilson as DOF.

Scott Wright squares that ball that Diallo didn’t , Scott Wright plays to the whistle and makes the ball from the Tav pass that Diallo didn’t. Scott Wright challenges those 50:50 and 60:40 balls that Diallo wasn’t interested in. If Gio plays Diallo again after that display then I’m truly perplexed!

A cheap gamble by the previous management that they must’ve thought they could improve with coaching.

Unfortunately for the lad it hasn’t happened, but he can still contribute somewhat against the jobbers if we’re coasting.

I wouldn’t be bringing him on in the hope of producing something to win us a match however.

I love these threads - posters falling over each to tell everyone they "knew he would be a poor signing or knew he would be shite"

These posters would rather be proven right than for the player to make it

Strange people

Not the level we need to win league titles. Summer signings need to be first 11 players not squad fillers. We are currently paying the price for standing still while our rivals have kicked on.

Who’ll be here next season will be dependent on our ability to be 12 men each week for the remainder of the season.

I agree with you on those that need to leave.

Simpson will claw on for dear life. We will struggle to shift him.

Wright had a chance to establish himself when kent was injured and even though he got off to a decent start he actually went backwards in kents absence. another one who's confidence looks shot to bits

Back