Things don't look good for Scott Wright

He's not very good and should be offloaded asap.

Problem is with these guys is that we give them a wage they'd be highly unlikely to get anywhere else so they never leave...see Brandon Barker.

I'd be looking to punt Itten and Roofe in the summer as well. Neither are good enough or in Roofe's case, reliable enough to be Rangers players.

Scott Wright squares that ball that Diallo didn’t , Scott Wright plays to the whistle and makes the ball from the Tav pass that Diallo didn’t. Scott Wright challenges those 50:50 and 60:40 balls that Diallo wasn’t interested in. If Gio plays Diallo again after that display then I’m truly perplexed!
Why has this brilliance not been seen before?Wright attempts to tackle but gives away daft free kicks.

Are his days numbered. Gio obviously doesn't rate him and ive never thought he deserves to play for us as hes done nothing in his time here. Now we have Diallo who should be no where near our team replacing him . 2 very poor signings to add to Ross Wilsons fail list.
Unless I’m missing something that’s the only list he has. I don’t see what he’s done or what purpose he serves.

Scott Wright squares that ball that Diallo didn’t , Scott Wright plays to the whistle and makes the ball from the Tav pass that Diallo didn’t. Scott Wright challenges those 50:50 and 60:40 balls that Diallo wasn’t interested in. If Gio plays Diallo again after that display then I’m truly perplexed!
It’s not much of a comparison mate. Diallo won’t make it the U.K. he’s a stick on for China or the Middle East lots of tricks flicks etc no heart no desire. So only on Sunday your points are actually correct but in general terms sadly Scott is an Aberdeen player. He’s a very nice guy speaks well and is respectful of the club but sadly not good enough. I’d be sending Diallo back to Manchester United if we can.

Never rated him to be honest. I hadn’t even heard of him before he signed despite him playing in Scotland!! I’d let him, Simpson, Middleton, Itten and Firth go even Just to get them off the wage bill and give our youngsters the chance.

Are his days numbered. Gio obviously doesn't rate him and ive never thought he deserves to play for us as hes done nothing in his time here. Now we have Diallo who should be no where near our team replacing him . 2 very poor signings to add to Ross Wilsons fail list.
Least of the issues

Two singings that cost nothing. What are you expecting him to do with zero cash?

Scott Wright is an easy target for the boo boys
And some of the comments on this thread are extremely harsh.
We have far bigger chancers in the squad than Scott Wright and they will be on a lot more money.
He has been here for 2 half seasons, played decent enough last year in a title winning team, been disappointing this season but is not the only one.
He deserves a chance and as a previous poster states being homegrown for the europe makes him a decent squad player.

A decent squad player contributes, a player like Wright doesn’t. Just like Barker, just like Zungu, just like Jones, Lafferty etc over the last few years.

Every time we sign a squad filler it’s met with, cheap and cheerful, won’t break the bank. Worth the gamble.

Any time they are called upon, they are a man down. Fade into the background until their contracts run down or are paid off.

You improve the team and squad by adding better quality. The current first players are replaced and become the squad players. We’ve not added quality in some time - no point in mentioning Aaron Ramsey as he’s here for 6 months then offski.

A decent squad player contributes, a player like Wright doesn’t. Just like Barker, just like Zungu, just like Jones, Lafferty etc over the last few years.

Every time we sign a squad filler it’s met with, cheap and cheerful, won’t break the bank. Worth the gamble.

Any time they are called upon, they are a man down. Fade into the background until their contracts run down or are paid off.

You improve the team and squad by adding better quality. The current first players are replaced and become the squad players. We’ve not added quality in some time - no point in mentioning Aaron Ramsey as he’s here for 6 months then offski.
The only flaw in that is if you want to replace first team players with a better standard and move them to the bench we wouldn’t be able to afford the wage bill.

When we signed Jack from Aberdeen, they were furious. Of course he was shite but oh so many had to tell us so.

When we signed Wright from Aberdeen, they almost seemed surprised, He wasn't called shite as much.

Sums it up.

The only flaw in that is if you want to replace first team players with a better standard and move them to the bench we wouldn’t be able to afford the wage bill.

Then we stop adding numbers and squad fillers. Scott Wright barely produced any thing against Annan. When Kent was out, he was dire.

I’d love to know what sort of wage Simpson is on? An absolutely pointless signing. These players don’t add anything to the squad.

'hes done nothing in his time here.'
A silly statement. He hasn't taken his chance of late is nearer the mark.

Don't think the boy McCausland in the B-Team would do any worse than Wright. At least he puts in the effort

Genius question but based on what is diallo a poor signing.? 45 mins against the Tim's where the whole team were rotten and 15 against dundee utd where he should have squared to sakala. 29 shots on goal and all the focus is on a young player making a wrong decision

His performance in the draw up at sheepland was dire. He stood out on the right wing and hid. He didn't want the ball the time he was on the park.
I think this is what has done for him , if he is done that is I do not know that but I could imagine .

Essentially he was ridiculously timid and if you rem it was from KO when he took a diagonal ball in behind and ran it out of the pitch at the byline . Think it was only Brown he had to round too . And that told a story .

You have to look at his signing differently, a cheap signing that was made to fill a quota. I'm sure we had the hope that we could develop him and we did, sadly not that much and he looks to have hit a wall.

He was a gamble that hasn’t paid off.

No harm done compared to spending a wedge on a dud i.e. grezda.

Should be moved on this summer.

I remember a thread a month ago or so worded almost identically when Sands got picked before Lundstram

it never looks good for anyone on here

Another anti Ross Wilson thread. Must be all of what 18 hours since the last one? Another thread to identify a new whipping boy now Lundstram has moved out of that position.

Utterly predictable and utterly shite. Wright cost very little. Was worth a punt. Might not work well still better we tried.

He might yet respond to new managers tactics and style. Some take longer than others to adapt. But FFS think of something positive to post no this endless stream of negativity.

Unfortunately he's just another Jordon Jones nowhere near the level to succeed at Ibrox.

Scott Wright is the very least of our worries ffs.

A young, Scottish, hard working, honest player with a bit of pace, can play a few positions, on buttons and cost us nothing.

Not setting the heather a light granted but he isn't a drain on resources.

I don't really see the issue.

I think Gio just recognises he’s decidedly average.

fwiw, he’ll have to stay about until an academy graduate fills that berth. He’s cheap, he’s home trained and that means, he’s important for the euro squad.

I suspect Gio has started to recognise who’s here next season and not.

Guys like Itten, he’ll be done. Simpson as well.
If we don’t win this league then Gio shouldn’t be in a job with us after this season

Inexcusable to blow the lead we had to a rookie manager with a full squad rebuild

Unfortunately he's just another Jordon Jones nowhere near the level to succeed at Ibrox.

Jordan Jones like Ojo and Barker all contributed to big European results.

Ask any defender what they fear most and mostly it will be pace, the mere presence of someone with blistering pace unsettles defenders and forces teams to sit back further creating space, it’s what the other more skilful players in you4 team can do with that space.

Our best results in Europe under Gerrard usually had one of the three above playing in a system that stretched our opponents, players with pace can press high, we had a system that worked under Gerrard, he abandoned it this season, and no one really was sorry to see him go in the end.

Wright has an asset we can use in particular games. However at home to bottom of the league teams who have 10 men behind the ball 30 yards from their goal he isn’t going to be that effective.

If we don’t win this league then Gio shouldn’t be in a job with us after this season

Inexcusable to blow the lead we had to a rookie manager with a full squad rebuild
I understand what you are trying to say when you describe Postecoglou as a “rookie manager” but his managerial career began when Gio was just three years into his playing career.

Postecoglou may not have managed at a consistently high level throughout his career but he has considerably more coaching and managerial experience than Gio.

That’s not to say he is a better manager but it’s just a totally inaccurate phrase to describe him.

The lad started out promising but lately just settles for mediocrity. Honeymoon phase is over and we'd probably get a profit on the 150k at least.

Wright is exactly the type of signing we should be making though, if the “model” were to be made work.
Young and economically sound.
He’d have made us some money if we’d managed to develop him.

Hate this common phrase some of our supporters have for the endless list of “ worth a punt”.
We dont punt when we are skint which is obvious after raking in £15 million for SG and NP.
Villa and Everton were desperate for the above , so that bit wasnt difficult.
Go and get GVB who was out of a job and interview Lampard who was out of a job.
Ross Wilson is no better than Mark Allen.
The scouting and recruitment is shocking.
Who ever hits the ground running or comes without injury or medical issues.
The money we waste is shocking and the board must also take responsibility right to Pedro.
God knows what we have wasted in transfer fees and pay offs.
It’s the same phrase that applies to Aribo, Bassey and possibly Morelos too.

When you sign an Aberdeen substitute you know how things are going to turn out.

Many of us questioned the signing at the time.

Another one who is gone in the summer.
Just as many hailed it as well though.
All part of the buy / invest in cheap, develop and sell on for a profit model.

Scott Wright is Messi compared to Diallo...unfortunately both are sub-standard and not fit to wear a Rangers shirt.

I supported the signing at the time

I still support it.

The boy has had little or no opportunity to start and get a run in the team.

He is quick and direct so sure that ends up in mistakes.
We aint the most patient of supports, so just about any error we are right on his back, and his confidence is hit.

The kid from Man U really isnt any better (right now) and I wouldnt have signed him.

But Wright may still have a part to play.
He is better than we are seeing right now.

It’s the same phrase that applies to Aribo, Bassey and possibly Morelos too.
Fair shout, but as much as we all rate morelos, no one has bought him in how many windows now.
5 years and one medal - in Scotland.
Our real income has been SG leaving and a potential right back who cane through the academy.

I think this a big part of our problem the ability of our squad fillers compared to our starters are miles apart. So when we need them to step in for injuries/rotation it impacts us a lot

I think Wright is just a back up winger.

Probably earns 3-5k per week.

Home trained - contributes to the euro squad. Seems low maintenance.

I think, unless we have an academy graduate, that sometimes, we just need fillers like him about.
£5.6K apparently !

We can't move them on if no one will take them

True, a lot depends on their wages.

With Itten I’d be surprised if there’s nobody in the Switzerland that would look at him given he’s a Swiss International and had a good record his last season in that league.

With Wright we’d probably looking at lower championship / league 1 to move him on.

Back