Pedro - it all started with such great promise

Likeable chap but gave me some of my worst days as a Rangers fan.

Non more so than sitting in Ibrox being utterly humiliated by Celtic, 5 going on 10, actually think they took it easy on us second half. Wondered if I’d ever see us back top after that day…

Give me a tight title race over that any day of the week!

drinking-bleach-mug.gif

After his first few games anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knew it was a mistake.
A mistake which was further compounded by letting the “not his team” excuses carry him through a summer spending close to £10m to be further embarrassed the following year. Some of the darkest times on the pitch following Rangers came during his spell in charge and Murtys.

Thank the lord for Steven Gerrard or we’d not be where we are now.

A massive gamble appointing him and it backfired spectacularly, he should have been nowhere near the club, the board really got it so wrong, not only that, they let his (temporary) successor continue in charge and oversee a 9 nil reverse in 2 games against the filth.

Dark days which are a real stain on the boards legacy.

The starting XI and team tactics in the home game against Progres gives me the absolute fear.

-Unnecessarily having 2 holding midfielders - Jack (more of a destroyer then than he is now) and Holt
-A number 10 in Kranjcar who spent his whole game 15 yards inside his own half taking the ball of the centre backs
-A lone striker in Miller, who for reasons I'll never understand, kept on dropping back to the half way line to link up play despite it not being a strong part of his game.
- Dalcio

Barely offered any sort of threat against a team who had turned up hoping to not get gubbed

I remember being glad it wasn't Murty any more (little did I know) and was more than willing to give the guy a chance.

Hindsight, eh :))
I always remember one of the more "persuasive" arguments being that he won what was regarded as the equivalent of the CL; when that was suggested I became even more concered. It is baffling that anyone decided making him manager of Rangers was a good idea.

I always remember one of the more "persuasive" arguments being that he won what was regarded as the equivalent of the CL; when that was suggested I became even more concered. It is baffling that anyone decided making him manager of Rangers was a good idea.
What competition is that?

Can't recall where I read it but I'm sure it came out around the time he was appointed by the tims that he was on the shortlist of candidates when we went for Pedro.
Doesn't even ring a bell and Pedro didn't have 30m to spend, so pointless to even mention.

Doesn't even ring a bell and Pedro didn't have 30m to spend, so pointless to even mention.
Not convinced Pedro would have spent it well but even a broken clock is right twice a day - he did bring in Alfredo or is all the credit going to Jonatan Johannsen for that one?

After the 1-5 game at Ibrox, where he was shown up to be the fraud that he was, he should have been dismissed immediately. The fact that he was kept on and allowed to waste millions of pounds is down to blinkered vision in the Rangers boardroom.

Everything about the appointment really was just mad, a move that definitely set us back

Back