Pedro - it all started with such great promise

I wasnt going to mention it but i recall some posters getting irate and claiming the scottish media were being racist towards him.

Was bullshit. He was a diddy and they knew it.
To be fair I think the press were racist towards him. He was over here in a new country speaking a language that was not his mother tongue and the press took the piss out if him. I can’t imagine you would be so calm if they did this to Gio.

I think Ally McCoist last season as manager eclipses it by a mile.
McDowall taking over and that 4-0 humiliation at Easter Road then the play off shambles against Motherwell when Stuart McCall was manager.
We were an absolute disgrace that season.
The worst part for me was how much optimism I had at the start of that season. Miller and Boyd re-united! I still to this day can't explain how Boyd failed so miserably in his second spell. He was just off the back of a fantastic season at Kilmarnock too.

I think Ally McCoist last season as manager eclipses it by a mile.
McDowall taking over and that 4-0 humiliation at Easter Road then the play off shambles against Motherwell when Stuart McCall was manager.
We were an absolute disgrace that season.
Totally agree m8. Add on a humiliating run of 5 draws, including losing leads at home to the likes of Alloa were truly embarrassing.

At that point if you had said that 5 years later we would be Champions and humping Dortmund in their own back yard or we would be coming out of two years of lockdown because some Chinese boy ate a bat I would have tended to believe the latter.

My cousin spends a lot of time in Luxembourg. After the draw was made she text me and said I have just driven through the town where your next opponent are from. It’s smaller than Larkhall , Rangers will hammer them.

He clearly had no answer to Celtic.

We went into the following season with a guy who was clueless and that was a wasted year.

Gio has two games to demonstrate that he has an answer to them.

Next season cannot be a write-off.

I'm generally optimistic and defend managers, often for too long. But even I saw through Pedro quickly.

The media, though, enjoyed their 'funny foreigner' routine. There's a distinct strand of xenophobia in Scottish football circles, especially if the player or manager is at Ibrox.

To be fair I think the press were racist towards him. He was over here in a new country speaking a language that was not his mother tongue and the press took the piss out if him. I can’t imagine you would be so calm if they did this to Gio.

Again i dont think they were being racist towards him. Not really.

We will agree to disagree mate as it looks like im sticking up for the scottish media here which is the last hill i ever want to die on!

The worst managerial appointment in our history.

A who the %^*& and what the %^*& moment when he was appointed.

He watched from the directors box at the Piggery just after signing. Clint Hill popped up at the back post to snatch a surprise draw for us.

The TV cameras panned to that clown as he sat in surprise as the bears celebrated the unlikely equaliser - almost a look of "this is too big for me".

Don't care how shit we were, no Rangers manager should carry on after a 1-5 defeat at home to them. They eased off us that day.

Likeable guy IMO ripped apart by the Scottish media as the funny foreigner but unfortunately didn’t have the ability as a manager to ram it down their throats.

That’s the worrying part for me and it still gives me a bit of concern. That this guy with his cv managed get through a recruitment process and into our manager’s chair.
It was akin to the punter who managed to get in the Man Utd team photo before a match in Europe.

Dont get the hate the guy gets on here. Sure, he was not a great manager and it didnt work out but hes a part of our history whether people like it or not and for that reason he deserves our respect. Thats who we are.

We followed him up with the man who won 55. Let him be

He was a pleasant guy, but miles out his depth. I saw threw him early on, had major arguments with my pals who were in the “give him time” camp.

When that Bastard was our manager I believed we were finished as a club and would never again topple the vhermin.
Then along came Stevie G and look where we are, we owe SG so much. He put us back on the world map and delivered 55 for that reason he's a legend in my eyes.
Sitting at Ibrox as they humiliated us still gives me the fear and we must never ever go back down that road again.

Rangers 1-1 Motherwell

1-0 down at half time and playing terribly. This maverick takes off the RB, LB and a CB at half time to play a 2-4-4 in the second half and earn a 1-1 to leave us 10 points behind Aberdeen.

Christ.
Was absolutely mental, yet half of FF convinced themselves it was genius.

“Hey guys, Pena and Herrera haven’t had form for 3 years and have been out on loan. Maybe £4.5m is a bit much?”

“No way! They’ll be amazing!!”

The positivity was a bit illogical..

I remember Charlie Nicholas going on a xenophobic rant and absolutely ripping into Caixinha on Sky Sports with John Collins sniggering away at his side, it was an absolute disgrace. He was not up to the standard required to be our manager but the abuse and ridicule he was subjected to in the media was shocking.

Gerrard’s appointment was crucial in many respects but often overlooked is the impact it had on the media’s treatment of us. He was too big a personality to rip to shreds and I’m sure it played a part when considering him for the role.

Did it???

I remember being suitably underwhelmed by this appointment. Right from his being linked and having to Google who he was to him standing in a bush. Let's face it, it looked a terrible appointment every step of the way. I hope those responsible at the club don't have much influence in the footballing side of things nowadays.

Didn’t work out we move on. I am never going to call him names or slate the guy.
He was not good enough and it was a poor appointment, but I will never hate an ex rangers manager or player.
Ian Black being the exception to the rule.

worst day in my rangers following life in luxembourg. and to think i defended him right up until then! gives me the fear

I think with this appointment we were hedging our bets and felt bushed at the end.

Last edited:
We had really lost our way at that point in the journey. I wish him no I’ll, but he should never have got near the Rangers gig. We all make mistakes in life but whoever was behind his appointment should have fallen on his sword. Mind you, I still remember some of us trying to convince ourselves he was a tactical maverick with his mental line ups at times. Did we not play part of a hone game with no defenders, or am I imagining that?

We had really lost our way at that point in the journey. I wish him no I’ll, but he should never have got near the Rangers gig. We all make mistakes in life but whoever was behind his appointment should have fallen on his sword. Mind you, I still remember some of us trying to convince ourselves he was a tactical maverick with his mental line ups at times. Did we not play part of a hone game with no defenders, or am I imagining that?
I try similar tactical revelations at Amateur level from time to time but afterwards the lads don’t call me a Maverick. More like “ What was that yu fuckin Moron”

An absolute WTF appointment. They went about 5000 miles west of left field. I'd love to know how that full recruitment process went and who the other candidates were because frankly, to even consider him for the role, was a pure shambles.

We currently find ourselves 3 points behind a filth team led by a similarly ‘left field’ appointment who was mocked and ridiculed on his arrival for having only managed in Australia and Japan.

None of his previous clubs before the bheggars are of the stature or size of the side Pedro managed in Mexico to decent success (Santos Laguna - another warning sign we should have heeded given they played in green and white hoops!)

This really will be unforgivable and plumbing the depths of embarrassment should we lose the league to that obese Aussie turd this season

Back