Former Celtic Boys Club chairman faces abuse trial

The Press , the Scottish Government , Police Scotland , SFA/SPFL have known what was going on along with former players and managers.CEO and directors . They all should be questioned as to why they have remained silent and why there has / was no external /outside investigations into any wrongdoing. This country because of them is rotten to the core , their ilk has destroyed and corrupted each and every body of our system , and unbelievably that club are still operating , and being allowed to exist. A stain on our society which will take a long long time to heal , if ever.

The press haven't remained silent on the story though, have they?

Probably not given the story the coverage it deserves but they have been by no means silent.

The Scottish Government and the SFA on the other hand....

King on the left.

king2.jpg

Those poor boys surrounded by beasts.
Said it before must have been terrifying for those young boys after training in the showers dont know which way to turn to get away from 3 paedophiles .

Silent condemnation is no condemnation. They are still protecting a football club above the welfare of children.

It’s disgraceful.
I agree in principle but in practice, Kevin from Wishaw speaking out about in on a messageboard or to his mates in the pub will just see Kevin getting pelters from his mates and potentially ostracised for a while.

The real issue is that in media & politics, all attempt at sensible discussion about this is batted away because it is regarded as being a proxy for football rivalry.

To add: Once you have silenced discussion in media & politics then you create the environment where folk chanting about it at football grounds feels like the only channel available.. and a self-fulfilling prophecy as it then becomes part of football rivalry.
The people conducting this campaign to avoid the discussion aren’t daft, and unfortunately the BJK type chanting plays into their hands.

The lack of a mature, responsible and measured response from those running & with influence on the country (politicians, civil servants, police, journalists etc) has closed down the debate.
Given the same community fell over themselves to discuss the potential tax implications of how footballers were paid at every opportunity then the irony is that they are leading & influencing from a position that is driven by football rivalry.

Last edited:

Probably not given the story the coverage it deserves but they have been by no means silent.

There has been coverage but it has been quite reluctant and certainly been limited in its volume. The media at large hasn’t “gone” for Celtic in the way that they would have gone for a private company, even a public sector body in comparable circumstances.

Our club should be highlighting this and letting the whole world know. WE ARE NOT PART OF any association with a morally corrupt organisation that preys on children.

Make no mistake that lot would have been doing so if it was the other way round. And for once they would have been perfectly right to do so.

Whilst we have a wet hankie as our MD. We will be guilty through association. After the open secrets were widespread in the 90s we should have ended any friendlies or get together there afterward.

Pull out of this friendly and highlight the ongoing legal disputes as to the reason. Do the right thing Rangers, for the survivors of this heinous crime.
There was a time Rangers could have been powerful enough to be a massive help in all of this but now ?
I'm not sure those at the top are even smart enough anyway.

Every week nearly you come on here and there is something new being published. Sickening to the teeth. Hopefully justice will be served very shortly and this can all end for the victims and families.
Yes when we come on here we find out. If it wasn’t for the great work of the team, this would be a non story. Even the recent media stories are only reporting what spotlight has uncovered.

The Trophy centre absolutely smacks of corruption and gangsterism and i wouldn't be surprised to learn that the families were the "de facto" owners
The families weren't exactly known for their benevolence

1st thing that jumped out at me
It is possible that the company name was not used in court as it could directly link him to other convicted pedophiles and potentially prejudice his trial.
The court was possibly being careful to ensure that does not happen at this stage.
There may even have been a directive for it to be reported in that manner.

Was there money laundering going on the trophy centre was giving 1million pounds over 4 years. That was substantial back then. Quite a few of the directors were involved with the trophy centre. They never disclosed the true attendance at games and still don't to this day.
2 men and a dugg watching most weeks….

Genuine question, has there been any Celtic Boys Club coaches or office bearers not suspected to be involved in child abuse?

So many of the same names keep cropping up over and over again.

Only one man stood up and said no

That man was Hugh Birt.

High Birt brought his concerns about the behaviour of certain coaches to the attention of Kevin Kelly.

Mr Birt was then ostracized from his seat in the Directors box and then forced to resign. He later testified against P#1 in court.

Mr Birts family can hold their heads high while the rest hang theirs in shame.

And this should be highlighted and put on Sturgeon's CV. Her failing and sweeping action alongside her justice ministers. She is guilty via association for not bringing justice for the survivors in an appropriate time scale. Many may die with this hurt hanging over them. Shame on you, bitch.
Her justice ministers could not and still dont deliver, just like all the rest of her cronies, phail phail.

The damning evidence already complied by the team at Spotlight and @BN94, @Grigo Yossarian and the rest of the gang would already suggest quite clearly that there was an undeniable link between convicted paedophile Torbett, his Trophy Centre business and the other convicted or soon to be convicted paedophiles working in the same business, as well as Celtic boys club/football club. The undeniable link would also suggest quite clearly that this would be part of a organised and deliberate child sex abuse ring.

There is no denying the links that have been made, nor is there any denying that they were all inextricably linked with each other, either with the Trophy Centre business, Celtic Boys Club and Celtic Football club.

They were all linked, they all intertwined with each other in business and quite clearly in their personal acitivities.

If a dafty like me can see it as a man on the street, then it should be pretty straight forward for a Judge in a court of Law in this country to be able to join the dots and come to the simple conclusion that this was in fact a sinister paedophile ring operating under the banner of Celtic Football Club, masquerading as a Boys Club and also with the clear business involvement of the Trophy Centre and the staff/directors who worked there.

There is no argument.

There was a clear and obvious paedophile ring operating within the walls of Celtic Football Clubs stadium and training ground.
And let's not forget that club chairman Kevin Kelly and his wife were directors of Torbett's company. And that their daughter (?) controls BBC Scotland News. This is sooooooo wrong, I am shocked that the mhedia and the sponsors are acting like they do not know. The victims need justice now!

So many of the same names keep cropping up over and over again.

Only one man stood up and said no

That man was Hugh Birt.

High Birt brought his concerns about the behaviour of certain coaches to the attention of Kevin Kelly.

Mr Birt was then ostracized from his seat in the Directors box and then forced to resign. He later testified against P#1 in court.

Mr Birts family can hold their heads high while the rest hang theirs in shame.

Spot on mate. A man of integrity.

The Trophy centre absolutely smacks of corruption and gangsterism and i wouldn't be surprised to learn that the families were the "de facto" owners
The families weren't exactly known for their benevolence
I think there was always a pretty well recognised link between that particular business and directors of Celtic FC.

Certainly in the case of Kevin Kelly - I think it’s a matter of public record that he was a director of both.. if even as a kid it seemed a bit peculiar to me that the chairman of a massive football club was also director of a company that made replica trophies and had an oulet in the Savoy Centre.

The Press , the Scottish Government , Police Scotland , SFA/SPFL have known what was going on along with former players and managers.CEO and directors . They all should be questioned as to why they have remained silent and why there has / was no external /outside investigations into any wrongdoing. This country because of them is rotten to the core , their ilk has destroyed and corrupted each and every body of our system , and unbelievably that club are still operating , and being allowed to exist. A stain on our society which will take a long long time to heal , if ever.

Any updates regarding the scandal are on here I don't remember reading the same in the press ..my apologies if you think you are being misled

Where are our opposition MP’s
Why has this not been brought up and followed through
What is the main reason, we say it’s votes and a want to keep their name out of the fall out but surely any human being would want this absolutely disgusting mess sorted out and the perpetrators severely dealt with for the sake of the victims
It’s all there in black and white, the hard work has been done
If this was M&S or McDonalds they would be shut down, no question of that
Vomit inducing what is happening here and it’s all laid out in front of our very own eyes

I fcking hate the accusations of point scoring when you query why this isn't being picked up and investigated by the press en masse.

I don't care that it's Celtic, this is bigger than football, but you'd expect serious questions to be asked of any organisation that had such a sick and endemic issue pervading it.

Why isn't that happening?

For me that's almost as big of a disgrace as the abuse itself, because it has allowed it to be facilitated and continue for so long.

The class action against that disgusting club surely has to bring down the whole corrupt sham built up over the years to protect them.
Sadly I worry for the victims because of their contrived corporate structure.

They should be closed down, no ifs buts or maybes.

As much as the perpetrators of these hideous crimes, the football club cover up and the endorsement of their sick fan base. It's totally despicable that the Scottish government have completely refused to comment other than" football matter" I don't know who the worse is in all this

P#1 was not only brought back after Stein kicked him out, he sat in the directors box and was a key member of multiple Sellik lejunds testimonial committees.

He had the keys to the place.

Don't forget, the man who replaced him, P#2, that grotesque, overbearing boor, who was a known child molester before he even joined CBC, was given the full, unequivocal backing of the whole Sellik family by St Tommy of the Calton.

This is an organisation trawling the depths of moral turpitude over and over and over again.

I think there was always a pretty well recognised link between that particular business and directors of Celtic FC.

Certainly in the case of Kevin Kelly - I think it’s a matter of public record that he was a director of both.. if even as a kid it seemed a bit peculiar to me that the chairman of a massive football club was also director of a company that made replica trophies and had an oulet in the Savoy Centre.
Always thought it was money laundering, turnstile cash

It seems that this paedophile ring could be seen from space.

It is beyond belief that the entity inhabiting the Crime Scene is allowed to carry on existing.
It's Way way beyond what most people would consider dam busting. Irrefutable evidence of a linked pedophile ring operating under the guise of a football club.

I sincerely hope the fallout from this permanently damages those in government positions complicit in the silence. Those who have been in full possession of the facts yet despite increasing numbers week on week, steadfastly refused to do their jobs and intervene.

Deafening calls from all and sundry for an enquiry to identify who's responsible for the f***ing Ferguson ferry contract debacle but not a single word on the ongoing human cost to survivors and their families. Priorities eh? I truly despair.

Such is the extent of the issue, the sheer volume of overwhelming evidence hanging over that east end cesspit , for there to be not one political voice prepared to call this out in parliament in 2022 is a source of national disgrace. All common decency in Scotland truly lost.

He had the keys to the place.
A term used more than once in relation to the vile beast Jimmy Savile since his many crimes have come to light. He was another protected species, for whatever dark reason.

I'm not a religious man but this almost makes me wish I was so that I could rest assured that every last one of these sick bastards, and those who hid them, are burning in the deepest and hottest pits of hell.

Any updates regarding the scandal are on here I don't remember reading the same in the press ..my apologies if you think you are being misled

A limited number in the SMSM have dealt with this, however the Sports Media such as Keevins, Speirs, McLaughlin, and so many many more have ignored it, or in McLaughlin’s case intentionally downplayed & lied about Celtic’s behaviour.

Always thought it was money laundering, turnstile cash

I always thought there was something dodgy going on between that cabal.

Allowing a man back into the club where he had previously abused children does not seem a logical thing to do.

There must have been a reaon for this?

Why was Torbett so invaluable to Kelly & McGinn that even despite having knowledge of his past history they wanted him around so much they gave him a specific role on his return?

Please remember previous convictions can't be mentioned in case they prejudice the trial, and can be contempt of court

"Publication of information prejudicial to an accused will be treated as contempt under the rule of strict liability only when criminal proceedings are "active" as defined in the Act. Proceedings are “active” on arrest (which will include any arrest under section 1 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016 from the 25th January 2018 onwards), the granting of a warrant for arrest, the service of an indictment or complaint, or the grant of a warrant to cite."

Just waiting for the 'dementia' get out card being played.....:mad:
In my own case not only did the perpetrator “forget” but those who had previously gossiped about his antics also “forgot.” Apparently forgetfulness is contagious among child molesters and their enablers. Within my family EVERYONE knew but then “forgot” when the police knocked on their doors. Although there wasn’t enough evidence to bring a prosecution in my case the police were aware that he was a paedophile and that those around him were lying. I’ve also got one more shot to fire which they know is coming but can’t stop it and will humiliate the abuser as well as the enablers.
That’s my experience in a nutshell. It’s taken a very long time but they do say revenge is a dish best served cold. (Revenge is a poor choice of word for me but it fits the saying.)
With that in mind I have no doubt that those who were wronged as children will get what they deserve and likewise the perpetrators and enablers from all walks of society in this horrible little cesspit of a country will get what they deserve. Those in society who think they are powerful aren’t as powerful as they think they are. Take heart from my lifelong experience and give it time.

I always thought there was something dodgy going on between that cabal.

Allowing a man back into the club where he had previously abused children does not seem a logical thing to do.

There must have been a reaon for this?

Why was Torbett so invaluable to Kelly & McGinn that even despite having knowledge of his past history they wanted him around so much they gave him a specific role on his return?

it is now fairly clear that the most benign or generous thing you could say about Celtic Football Club is that they facilitated their in-house peadophile ring to abuse children and launder gate receipts on an industrial scale.

That's the best case scenario.

Cancel the friendly, please.

In my own case not only did the perpetrator “forget” but those who had previously gossiped about his antics also “forgot.” Apparently forgetfulness is contagious among child molesters and their enablers. Within my family EVERYONE knew but then “forgot” when the police knocked on their doors. Although there wasn’t enough evidence to bring a prosecution in my case the police were aware that he was a paedophile and that those around him were lying. I’ve also got one more shot to fire which they know is coming but can’t stop it and will humiliate the abuser as well as the enablers.
That’s my experience in a nutshell. It’s taken a very long time but they do say revenge is a dish best served cold. (Revenge is a poor choice of word for me but it fits the saying.)
With that in mind I have no doubt that those who were wronged as children will get what they deserve and likewise the perpetrators and enablers from all walks of society in this horrible little cesspit of a country will get what they deserve. Those in society who think they are powerful aren’t as powerful as they think they are. Take heart from my lifelong experience and give it time.

Well said RD. Well put mate.

I don't know you RD, but I hope you, as well as anyone else that suffered abuse, find some sort of 'closure'. Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back