Former Celtic Boys Club chairman faces abuse trial

Was there money laundering going on the trophy centre was giving 1million pounds over 4 years. That was substantial back then. Quite a few of the directors were involved with the trophy centre. They never disclosed the true attendance at games and still don't to this day.
That bastard Torbett must've had something on their board imo to be brought back into the fold then the whole Trophy centre cash thing dead fucking cert.

That bastard Torbett must've had something on their board imo to be brought back into the fold then the whole Trophy centre cash thing dead fucking cert.
I said it on previous page..

There was a reason?

Why did Kelly and McGinn want him so close?

Why on earth would they allow this man near the club..and kids again unless they had a purpose or ulterior motive that this guy was a part of?

Draw attention to it and you are accused of “point scoring” and the relevance of WHAT you are drawing attention to dismissed.

It’s frightening that open & free discussion is rounded on so easily and there is general acceptance of it in Scotland.
This 100 percent. Had a Tim in my work come up to me today cause I posted the link that the previous article in the express from earlier in the week. He wasn’t happy that I’d posted it, his view loads of other clubs in Scotland had problems, my reply was yes but not for a period of 40 years and involving an organised Peodo ring.

They seem to think cause there was some cases at other teams this absolves them of any blame/outrage.

I said it on previous page..

There was a reason?

Why did Kelly and McGinn want him so close?

Why on earth would they allow this man near the club..and kids again unless they had a purpose or ulterior motive that this guy was a part of?
Indeed. No other reason.

If your best friend turned out to be a paedophile you would disown them immediately.

King on the left.

king2.jpg

Those poor boys surrounded by beasts.
Like lambs to the slaughter unfortunately .

I wish Rangers would come out and say that the Australian game is cancelled as we do not want to play against a club that has shielded child abusers from justice. Then we can sit back and watch what happens with the World media, never mind Scotland.
If only our board had balls.

Employed at a shop selling trophies. How many lone paedophiles operating beside lone paedophiles operating beside lone paedophiles does it take before someone in the police links them together and calls all of this out as a paedophile ring? Are we seriously to believe that they all acted as individuals and each never knew anything of the activities of the others? Prosecuted as individuals each and every time minimises the scale of the crime. This appears to be organised crime over 50 years but it's dealt with on an ad hoc basis by the police. It begs the question who's in cahoots with who here?

Please remember previous convictions can't be mentioned in case they prejudice the trial, and can be contempt of court

"Publication of information prejudicial to an accused will be treated as contempt under the rule of strict liability only when criminal proceedings are "active" as defined in the Act. Proceedings are “active” on arrest (which will include any arrest under section 1 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016 from the 25th January 2018 onwards), the granting of a warrant for arrest, the service of an indictment or complaint, or the grant of a warrant to cite."
I just don't get this at all. A pattern of behaviour is pretty important when establishing the likelihood of guilt!

I think this law was passed with this very scandal in mind, like when they excluded football clubs from their investigation.

Staggering how the SPFL/SFA have not suspended their right to play club football.
ive been saying it for a while now, where is the transfer ban?

The minute celtic were going to court the sfa should've, at least, given them a transfer ban until this was over. How can the scottish footballing authorities allow celtic to spend millions on fees, 10s of thousands in wages while this is going on?

He tried to sign me for Celtic when I was 12 played in a trial game scored 4 goals and he was going to come to my house and sign me in the next couple weeks.

Later that week I fell off a hut and broke both my wrists and had get op so ruled me out for months and never bothered calling him back.

Feel sick thinking about it
Similar vein they came round to sign my cousin and my Aunt wouldn't let them in the door. I wonder if there were whispers within other boys clubs at the time, this would be 76 ish.

It makes you wonder it appears it was a ring throughout the U.K. with the Scumdome at its centre?
I don’t doubt for minute that there was a national ring (Bennall) whether they were at the centre of it nationally would take someone to confess and provide information or a journalist to do some investigaton.

I’ve struggled to get my head round this for years and it just gets bigger and more sinister by the day it seems.
Where is the tipping point here when does someone in power say hang on here wtf is going on! I’m sure we’re all asking the same questions, how high does this actually go! Why is no one investigating this, this is the biggest sporting abuse story the world has seen yet no one wants to touch it, press don’t want to cover it, police don’t do enough, parliament inquiries don’t include football clubs and religious bodies, you know places where you’ll actually find children! That in itself is disgusting and sinister in the extreme!

The more you think about it the worse it gets!

Kids and they’re families let down by everyone in power who could and could still do something about it!

What a fecking country this is, it disgusts me!

I don’t want to derail but they wonder why so many don’t want a friendly against them, I’d be happy to never play them again in fact they need shut down!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I doff my cap to the guys bringing to light the shocking truth!

ive been saying it for a while now, where is the transfer ban?

The minute celtic were going to court the sfa should've, at least, given them a transfer ban until this was over. How can the scottish footballing authorities allow celtic to spend millions on fees, 10s of thousands in wages while this is going on?

Totally agree Ubik, to protect these peoples compensation payments.

The CEO's responsible when the internal investigations were being conducted have a lot to answer for....to say they found nothing , you would think would prompt further enquiry , not in Scotland it appears. All these people should be asked to explain their decisions why they think no laws were broken , and the content of their investigation should be publicised , apparently and myteriously none of the victims were interviewed , which should be a concern , not in Scotland it appears.
The inaction of the Scottish Government and the police , should be questioned along with the Football governing authorities. Big ask , but it would be the norm anywhere else .

Fekkin disgusting that Spotlight, an independent team of ladies n gents can find all this info regards CSA at CBC but no-one in the MSM can find nada...makes one wonder if there is any appetite to find it. Sweep sweep. Spotlight don't do sweeping, indomitable, relentless. The truth will prevail.
It’s worse than that AP. It’s not just no appetite to find it. The huge issue is they are actively trying to HIDE it! When this finally blows in court I hope the people at the heart of the cover up are named and shamed.

The CEO's responsible when the internal investigations were being conducted have a lot to answer for....to say they found nothing , you would think would prompt further enquiry , not in Scotland it appears. All these people should be asked to explain their decisions why they think no laws were broken , and the content of their investigation should be publicised , apparently and myteriously none of the victims were interviewed , which should be a concern , not in Scotland it appears.
The inaction of the Scottish Government and the police , should be questioned along with the Football governing authorities. Big ask , but it would be the norm anywhere else .

They didnt have a CEO back then.

The entire Celtic Board and management knew this was happening.

Once this bastard Club are shown up for the absolute scum they are through the Class Action and other trials lets see if the ARSEs of Scottish football Anti - Rangers Supporting Entities feel so outraged as they did over non payment of Tax and DEMAND that their Club Chairman seek to have the scum demoted to the 4th tier,, stripped of titles have a signing ban imposed, etc or they won't be back, that will show the true nature of Scottish football fans hypocrisy Sexual Abuse of Children or Non Payment of Tax which would they if pushed prefer to be done for and be ostracised and castigated by society......and of course the selective Republican SNP.

They didnt have a CEO back then.

The entire Celtic Board and management knew this was happening.
My apologies , I thought the Kelly's ,Whites or the Mcginns would have been involved as CEO. and would add that most of the players as well would have known what was happening . It's almost as if they've been threatened or banned from coming forward ( similar to cult practice ) with the exception of AlanBrazil. You only have to look at Radio Clyde , BBC Scotland and celtc fans forums , It's almost as if it never happened , and I think , most of their following believe that.

Last edited:
My apologies , I thought the Kelly's ,Whites or the Mcginns would have been involved as CEO. and would add that most of the players as well would have known what was happening . It's almost as if they've been threatened or banned from coming forward ( similar to cult practice ) with the exception of AlanBrazil. You only have to look at Radio Clyde , BBC Scotland and celtc fans forums , It's almost as if it never happened , and I think , most of their following believe that.

They know TaD.

It’s just kept in the seedy background beside other secrets they learn to live with.

I just don't get this at all. A pattern of behaviour is pretty important when establishing the likelihood of guilt!

I think this law was passed with this very scandal in mind, like when they excluded football clubs from their investigation.
Precisely. The statistical likelihood that a peadophile sexually abused a child compared to an ‘average person committing the same offence is totally night and day.

Criminals seem to get more rights than honest people.

The first outside CEO they had was a guy called Terry Cassidy. A bit of a blowhard TBH. Came in around 1991, did nothing but spout shite in the Evening Times and the STV Sports Question Time thing. Maybe about he same time Lawwell was financial director.

Messed up so badly they had to employ a protestant.

They were notorious for grossly falsifying attendance figures.

Understated figures which were several thousand short of the actual attendance figures, every home game they played.
Not saying they were alone, probably far from it but your new age mentally challenged goes all vacant looking whenever you mention the real tax evasion which went on there for decades. Would not be at all surprised if Mcginn, Kelly, et al used their "other business" at the trophy center to award themselves large yearly dividends syphoned off from the "cash sales" coming through the piggery gates.

The Scottish Government made it clear that they weren't interested in the victims plight by stating Religious bodies and football organisations would be exempt from any investigation if conducted . Their reason by Swinney was that it would be too time consuming ....where do you even start with that ? What kind of message does that send to the victims? and why was /has it not been vigorously challenged by the mp's not in power...?

Jock Brown

Threres a man as general manager must have knew something?

Come in Number Eight.....yer times up!

The Scottish Government made it clear that they weren't interested in the victims plight by stating Religious bodies and football organisations would be exempt from any investigation if conducted . Their reason by Swinney was that it would be too time consuming ....where do you even start with that ? What kind of message does that send to the victims? and why was /has it not been vigorously challenged by the mp's not in power...?

And it’s still ongoing with the expenditure already over £51m.

As you say nonsense by Swinney.

Once this bastard Club are shown up for the absolute scum they are through the Class Action and other trials lets see if the ARSEs of Scottish football Anti - Rangers Supporting Entities feel so outraged as they did over non payment of Tax and DEMAND that their Club Chairman seek to have the scum demoted to the 4th tier,, stripped of titles have a signing ban imposed, etc or they won't be back, that will show the true nature of Scottish football fans hypocrisy Sexual Abuse of Children or Non Payment of Tax which would they if pushed prefer to be done for and be ostracised and castigated by society......and of course the selective Republican SNP.
The above post is the most pertinent one I have read since we were demoted, and should be bumped daily to keep it in our minds.

Back