Official Balogun and Firth officially gone

I’d not count on that one bit
After the Euro league final,I would not be surprised to see him bid on by EPL sides as a central defender.
I don't mean newly promoted teams either .
Fast, strong,can play,good in the air and tackle , energy to burn .just remember Tyrone Ming's is a England international.Bassey has for more attributes

I'll go against the grain and offer my honest opinion, I'm glad Balogun is gone. personally. I thought he cost us a lot of goals last season with his all-round poor defensive play.. He was also fairly injury-prone.

Yes, he was ok, coming from an English League One club who didn't offer him another contract but for me, he all to often flattered to deceive - great ball playing centre-half when we were dominating, total liability when we were not. His own national team has dropped him.

Not a terrible player at all, nice guy by all accounts but no great loss. Glad our management team has higher standards.

Clubs in administration cannot offer contracts.

Right decision, great player for us and wish him all the best. But with Souttar coming in, Bassey, King, Goldson, Helander(who I think we should keep) and Sands, Lundstrum who can play the position. I reckon it makes sense. Not sure what will happen with Simpson but there is a lot of cover in that area. If Bassey goes we may need a CB and a LB though

We were fortunate to have that Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Hellander, Bassey, Barasic defence. Covering injury and suspension was easy as they all could interchange.

Distinctly remember Balogun’s first game for us, he looked as though he’d been playing in our defence for years. Very good as a backup choice.

Andy seemed well regarded, and like big Leon a lot.

All thr best boys.

Hope you both land well.

See this is something i cannot stand mate and its not a dig at you. Andy seemed well regarded which i agree and nobody has a bad word to say about him. But what was the actual point of him neing here and getting a wage?

Think Leon will be at QPR or go back to Germany. Great servant and stepped in when needed but had some niggling injuries if I remember.
Firth seemed liked a great guy to have around for the passion and even for a grand a week I would have kept him. He can’t really stay in Scotland because he’s nailed his colours to the mast

Gutted for the big man. Thought he would have been offered another deal. A brilliant back up who never let us down. Good luck whatever is next.

As intelligent and articulate a Ranger as we’ve had for many a year. A great guy to have around the club. That being said he was capable of some stinkers as well as snuffing out our Japanese friends, some great sliding tackles and vital goals.

Pound for pound right up there as our best signing post banter.

Good luck and best wishes Leon, the love affair has been mutual!

Disappointed Balogun hasn’t got another year, but he’s been a good servant for us and wish him all the best.

Does Soutter play in that left slot of defence, next to Goldson?
Anytime I've seen him in defense he's always been on the right side, same as Goldson.

Can Katic step up? If not, and big Fil is injured we will need another two defenders.

Loved Balogun. Great signing and the type we should make more. Would have given him another year but it is what it is. Will remember him fondly

Didn't want to keep any of the older Players it's time to freshen up the squad, want to see the likes of Lowry etc step up but Davis Arfield and Greegs seems like were just topping up their pensions.

All the best to big Balogun, personally think he done his job, thanks big man, but last season he was another one who kept picking up niggly injuries and apart from a solid start in the 20/21 season and some good performances he wasn’t overly great last season when he did play. Maybe carrying injuries hampered him, but to me it’s better to move him on as we can replace with better. Good guy, wish him all the best.

Best of luck to both players. I’ll miss them especially Balogun…good business signing him on a free…solid big lad & I’ll remember him fondly. I think with Goldson staying it’s the right decision.

Andy F is a top lad I was in his company before he loves Rangers.

Balogun, like most of the squad the last few years had some individual errors in him but overall was a solid signing, who I don't think will ever have a bad word to say about our club.

He will always be welcome. A good honest, solid Pro. Good player.

Wish him well.

Balogun has been a great value for money signing. With the injury records of both Helander and Souttar I’d probably have given him another year. Presumably Gio believes King and/or Katic can provide that cover.

Consequence of the Goldson return I would think. Still the correct call.

Can't keep pissing and moaning about youth never getting a chance while re-signing older players.

King has shown he is capable of called upon, which is what you want from your no3/4 CH.

Goldson, Souttar, Helander, Bassey, King, maybe even Katic. Plenty of depth there. Another wage saved.

All the best to Balogun. Never let us down and I wish him the best.

(QPR would be a great move)

Sad to see Balogun go.
Think he would be good back up and did well for us whenever he was used. Good player.
I trust Gio, so let's see how the summer goes.
I don’t recall a player that we have let go that I have been sad about. Everyone else that I recall have been no brainers. I understand the call but I would have liked to see him stay.

This club of ours better have a solid plan in this transfer window, already they are on the back foot offering McGregor, Davis and Arfield (as a collective) a new deal.

To let Balogun go when we have an injury prone Helander and Soutter with Niko Katic who let's be honest can't be relied upon is career suicide.

I just pray Ross Wilson knows what he's doing as there's already a baffled look from the Rangers support. There may be no way back 11 months from now.

Personally would have given Balogun a 1 year deal.
But best wishes to both of them!
Once a Ranger, Always a Ranger!

Back