Jim Trotter, Royston, has passed away

mdingwall

Administrator
Jim was great fun - a member of FF, the Blue Order, an admin on another site and background staff on The Gers TV.

He lived up Royston Road and sadly lost his good lady some time ago.

He was strong in his beliefs and an absolute riot as company - you never left his side without a smile on your face.

Last edited:
I know a few of the trotters from there... never knew jim much but a loss to his family and friends :( sleep tight jim

Very sad news. He had been in poor health for some time but still a shock. Sincere condolences to his family.

I got the news of Jims passing late last night.
We grew up together up the Roystonhill went to CityPublic then into Allan Glens when the school went comprehensive so been about each other a long time.
Throughout that time we followed Rangers through thick & thin.
Number 4 bus was our bus of choice & away games we were lucky we could get on the Townhead bus leaving from Millburn street.
We all joined the Orange No3 District & went full tilt into it and the memories and the highs & lows will stay with me till my last breath.
If he was your friend you had a guy who had your back and his loyalty to you was without question.
His love of Rangers never got in the way of anything as you grow older and family life and work etc make mates drift apart he was only a phone call away if you needed any help for anything.
I seen him a week past Friday in the hospital & we spent a few hours chewing the fat & again those few hours will be priceless to me.
He even got me to put him in his chair and take him out for a ciggy I swear we couldn't stop laughing as I always moaned about him smoking.
Really it hits home for me when you lose a mate but I feel for young James & Laura his children who were devoted to their Dad,brothers Derek & Alan & of course his grandkids.
Well mate its been a blast as they say and I know a hard few days are ahead of us but I know one thing you will be in Blue Nose Heaven right now.
Sleep tight dear friend.

Last edited:
So sad to read this. Jim was a gentleman and great company through the years.

My love and thoughts go to his family.
Rest Easy Jim.

I got to news of Jims passing late last night.
We grew up together up the Roystonhill went to CityPublic then into Allan Glens when the school went comprehensive so been about each other a long time.
Number 4 bus was our bus of choice & away games we were lucky we could get on the Townhead bus leaving from Millburn street.
We all joined the Orange No3 District & went full tilt into it and the memories and the highs & lows will stay with me till my last breath.
If he was your friend you had a guy who had your back and his loyalty to you was without question.
His love of Rangers never got in the way of anything as you grow older and family life and work etc make mates drift apart he was only a phone call away if you needed any help for anything.
I seen him a week past Friday in the hospital & we spent a few hours chewing the fat & again those few hours will be priceless to me.
He even got me to put him in his chair and take him out for a ciggy I swear we couldn't stop laughing as I always moaned about him smoking.
Really it hits home for me when you lose a mate but I feel for young James & Laura his children who were devoted to their Dad,brothers Derek & Alan & of course his grandkids.
Well mate its been a blast as they say and I know a hard few days are ahead of us but I know one thing you will be in Blue Nose Heaven right now.
Sleep tight dear friend.
Nicely done mate, Jim sounds like the best friend ever.

Very sad news to wake up to, I knew Jim through TBO.

Others can put it better than me but Jim was a good guy, very helpful to me in my early days messing about on the internet.

Jim had a sharp tongue and a fair dig if he needed to use it!

You'll always be there in our hearts.

My cousins bro inlaw. Jim was a true bluenose.. was always good with my mum n dad n always asked after myself n my family when my dad passed away....
I may be wrong but was Jim not the janitor of the roch school
Was never scared yo show his colours in the GARNGAD

Always one of the first guys to wish me Happy Birthday on Facebook every year, and always with a really nice message.
I knew Jim’s health wasn’t great but this is a sore one, still a bit of a shock.
God Bless you Jim.

Passed this news onto my dad (isnt on FF) who grew up a Rangers fan from Royston also.

Sad news. RIP sir.

Jim was great fun - a member of FF, the Blue Order, an admin on another site and background staff on The Gers TV.

He lived up Royston Road and sadly lost his good lady some time ago.

He was strong in his beliefs and an absolute riot as company - you never left his side without a smile on your face.
When Jim gave you a lift, you certainly knew you had been in his car. :)

Rest easy Jim, at least you arent in pain anymore.

Was always a great guy to talk to and be around, some of the best euro trips were had in his company.

RIP Jim, back when I was on gersforum he sorted me out with a fair few tickets, usually spares for the Inverness games.

I got to news of Jims passing late last night.
Sleep tight dear friend.
I hope we deliver 56 this season for Jim and everyone we have lost in recent times.

Anybody that new him will tell you what a legend of man he was,never a dull moment with Jim like somebody said earlier a car ride with Jim was very memorable,
Rangers going tits up was a massive negative in Jim’s life he almost lost is sense of purpose and his personal health nose dived,he spent most of his spare time organising and helping people with Rangers related stuff ,I only wish he could have got back to Ibrox one more time
Good bye good friend say hello to Don from me and god help heaven with you two reunited
❤️

Met him a few times through the Internet Loyal and therangersend. Really nice guy.

Anybody that new him will tell you what a legend of man he was,never a dull moment with Jim like somebody said earlier a car ride with Jim was very memorable,
Rangers going tits up was a massive negative in Jim’s life he almost lost is sense of purpose and his personal health nose dived,he spent most of his spare time organising and helping people with Rangers related stuff ,I only wish he could have got back to Ibrox one more time
Good bye good friend say hello to Don from me and god help heaven with you two reunited
❤️
Never had the pleasure of being driven by Jim but a couple of friends have, town centre to Larkhall in about 20 minutes and every traffic light ignored, I just took the bus home.

Also knew Jim through TBO.

Done a few trips abroad as well he was on and never a dull moment.

Worked in royston area for a period as well and when he seen me i knew hed seen me. Hed bellow across junctions or from his car window.

Cracking guy and sad to see him go

RIP Jim

Gutted to hear the news of Jim's passing.

I went on numerous Euro trips with Jim, never a dull moment with him and he made some of those mad bus journeys a lot more bearable.

Thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Back