New Edmiston House - What is going on?

The centre piece of the 150th anniversary celebrations…
Construction only due to restart, still looking at being done by the end of the year.

Been the plan for it since before the AGM.

Additional funding only signed off from the directors in May and was around March/April the other chunk of cash was wined and dined from the corporate bears.

Construction only die to restart, still looking at being done by the end of the year.

Been the plan for it since before the AGM.

Additional funding only signed off from the directors in May and was around March/April the other chunk of cash was wined and dined from the corporate bears.
Cheers for the update. Just seems it’s been in the same state for months on end.

It looks tiny also. Has the scale been cut back?

Cheers for the update. Just seems it’s been in the same state for months on end.

It looks tiny also. Has it been cut back?
Yeah we hadnt agreed a price with the contractors and didnt have funding so agreed for the delay and the contractors to move onto other jobs and come back.

New Edmiston House is supposed to have a Museum, bigger club shop, and an entertainment venue big enough to seat 1,000.

From the size, it's going to be fucking tiny.

Museum isn't going to be the grand thing we all think, it's going to be glorified trophy room.

Not much has changed from February, and as someone else pointed out - it now actually looks too small for what we've all been promised it will do.

I can't see something that size hosting concerts etc.

What was the original planned capacity, mate. ?

It's going to be pish isn't it?
I remember when the plans were published I was doubtful about the scale and just how much will be able to be included in the building. Remember the reaction on here being pretty negative to anyone that doubted :)

Sore it was a concert venue with a 1500 capacity.
Yeah, was then scaled back to 1,000 but there's others now saying it's actually 750.

Which even that looks at push from the scale of the place.

It still needs to fit a museum and new club shop as well as a fanzone.

Not much has changed from February, and as someone else pointed out - it now actually looks too small for what we've all been promised it will do.

I wish you had let the club know this before they wasted all this money on employing professionals and architects etc who build and design venues for a living and know exactly what size their buildings need to be for specific purposes. Ohh well its too late now.

There’s nothing but a steel frame, nowhere near the finished product and folk are slaughtering it already

Vintage FF

I've worked in construction long enough to be able to look at that and know that when you start adding in all the utilities, safety regs, disability access etc.

That isn't really going to be very big when complete, unless they're going for the open warehouse type look.

It'll all be roomed off, or divided in such a way to make it feel bigger, but I can't see the museum, club shop that's supposed to be improved and house more focused stock, a fanzone type area as well as a thousand seat venue?

It's going to be small man.

Anyone who thought this was going to be ready for this year is off their head.

Be lucky to be inside it for 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: CF4
Yeah we hadnt agreed a price with the contractors and didnt have funding so agreed for the delay and the contractors to move onto other jobs and come back.
Not a great reputational look

That’s something you’d expect from a bowling club or junior club. Not the Europa finalists

I should add from the floor plans I seen, I said at the time on here the bar area didn’t look that big and I could see it being an issue when full on match day for getting served.

Rest of it though seemed as expected unless it’s since been scaled back

Last edited:
The museum is going to be a huge let down.

There's no way a buiding as small as that can hold a top quality museum, club shop & concert venue.

Be as well leaving the club shop where it is, and integrating a new ticket office into Ed House.

With the loss of the QMU and the ABC there is demand for a new concert venue.

The Board deserve huge credit for investing in projects like this.

However, I thought it looked small in the plans and think the frame looks small in real like - will be interesting to see it when complete.

Back