New Edmiston House - What is going on?

What size is it?

How long you worked in Construction and how many concert venues you been involved in?
I've worked in construction about 18 years now bud, and while you've got me there I've not been involved in many concert venues.

I have worked on plenty projects that are steel framed. I.e Aldi, Lidl, Tesco's and Asda's, new apartment buildings, offices and industrial complexes etc are all built the same way.

And in my experience and comparable to other projects I've worked on, it just looks a bit small for what it's intended to do.

The drawings are there for people to see, I think it what the Club wants and pretty sure it could be expanded in the future if needed
The original plans were released to much praise on here at the time and great anticipation of what should be a fantastic facility. Nothing has changed substantively, certainly not the dimensions, yet we have folk piling in on the basis of a photo saying its too wee and is a letdown.

FollowFollow truly is a madhouse - and I don’t mean in a good, or funny, way.

It wont be finished this year which would have been ideal for a turn around the festive period.

Is the museum and shop now upstairs and venue downstairs which will be dug below ground level a bit from the plans I seen before.

As posted earlier, as recently as the reception at the Scottish Office less than a month ago, Bisgrove confirmed it would be open by the end of the year.
Cant see it myself, July next week.
Contractors are all busy and materials are difficult to obtain.
I might be wrong , but they will need to go some .
They wont acheive it with mon- fri working.

Where did I mention progress pal?

Folk in this thread have already written it off as being pish when it’s nowhere near the finished article.
Folk are disappointed particularly if they chipped in.

I'd agree it's hard to write something off until it's finished

Others may say its a bit similar to the way the club is being ran at present.

Time will tell what it will finish like or if plans will be changed yet again.

Mate said to me the other day he hopes it doesn't become our version of the Ferguson ship yard!

Cant see it myself, July next week.
Contractors are all busy and materials are difficult to obtain.
I might be wrong , but they will need to go some .
They wont acheive it with mon- fri working.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a delay, my sons new build house has just been delayed two months for example (timber and scaffolding problems allegedly), but I think it reasonable to believe that when Bisgrove made the comment it was accurate as per the construction company’s forecast at that time.

I wish you had let the club know this before they wasted all this money on employing professionals and architects etc who build and design venues for a living and know exactly what size their buildings need to be for specific purposes. Ohh well its too late now.

Just because things are designed by professionals or architects doesn’t mean they’ll be good most them design things that they think will work rather than what will actually work.

It’s 1300 standing capacity. Good market in Glasgow for that size.

Absolutely. O2 academy Oxford holds 1020 and I have been at some bloody incredible gigs there. Foals, Feeder, Enter Shikari, The Killers, Chase and Status, In Flames… all big bands at the time of seeing.

No reason this venue can’t be the same.

Am no ragin' but...

oreilly_S01E02.jpg

Not much has changed from February, and as someone else pointed out - it now actually looks too small for what we've all been promised it will do.

I can't see something that size hosting concerts etc.
That’s been my thought for a while, hoped they were somehow going to expand the perimeter of the building but struggling to see how.

Absolutely. O2 academy Oxford holds 1020 and I have been at some bloody incredible gigs there. Foals, Feeder, Enter Shikari, The Killers, Chase and Status, In Flames… all big bands at the time of seeing.

No reason this venue can’t be the same.

Bit out of keeping with the rest of the bands you listed, but what a band.

Maybe my memory isn’t serving me right but I thought the original timescale was this would be built and open by our 150th anniversary.

Now it’s been changed to the end of 2022?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a delay, my sons new build house has just been delayed two months for example (timber and scaffolding problems allegedly), but I think it reasonable to believe that when Bisgrove made the comment it was accurate as per the construction company’s forecast at that time
Where did you hear this from?
Looking at it , and being in the construction industry this isnt happening this year.
You cannot just tell contractors, away to another job till we have some dough.
There are labour issues, materials etc at present.
I would be lucky to build a house for myself by Xmas and kit it out internally.

maybe they should scrape the gigs side of things and have it just a club shop, museum ( of decent size )and a fanszone with bars ect
They won’t want to scrap the venue element. I’m sure they’ll be thinking Rangers events, weddings, conferences etc, not just gigs of small to medium sized bands. Otherwise it’ll take about 50 years to repay the outlay.

They won’t want to scrap the venue element. I’m sure they’ll be thinking Rangers events, weddings, conferences etc, not just gigs of small to medium sized bands. Otherwise it’ll take about 50 years to repay the outlay.

How much you recon its costing in total?

Haven’t seen any costs mentioned at all since it’s announcement

It seems though a specific ltd company has been setup to fund it, ran by our directors

Completely out of my depth when it comes to this stuff (not in construction). Something like this less than 10 million? More?

The original plans were released to much praise on here at the time and great anticipation of what should be a fantastic facility. Nothing has changed substantively, certainly not the dimensions, yet we have folk piling in on the basis of a photo saying its too wee and is a letdown.

FollowFollow truly is a madhouse - and I don’t mean in a good, or funny, way.
The place is getting beyond a joke, absolute mass hysteria on every thread. Doesn't help when there's a certain admin normally orchestrating it.
The plans for the building haven't changed, there has been a few issues, without going into to much detail the original price had to be renegotiated like the majority of construction projects at the moment.
There was an issue with certification for the original cladding proposed by the architect and also rerouting of mains cables required.
Work has started again and everything will be done to try have it finished by Christmas but will be a tall order.

The place is getting beyond a joke, absolute mass hysteria on every thread. Doesn't help when there's a certain admin normally orchestrating it.
The plans for the building haven't changed, there has been a few issues, without going into to much detail the original price had to be renegotiated like the majority of construction projects at the moment.
There was an issue with certification for the original cladding proposed by the arch
Aye the sooner the season starts the better as far too many knicker wetters are in many of these threads just now. Bashing the club at every turn.

I go by the rule that the folk running the club are trying always to make things better and aye at times they will make mistakes.

Some people need to remember where we were and how close we came to no Rangers that we would recognise ever again.

The people running the club are all successful people, it’s not idiots running things

There was an issue with certification for the original cladding proposed by the arch
I honestly cannot understand why there is so much negativity surrounding just about everything to do with the club on here just now. Its wild.

But has everything to do with the size of the place.
Isn’t that what you were alluding to?
The point is i can judge the size of the place from the photo when you look at the machinery etc next to it and compare sizes.

It is much smaller than i imagined is the point i'm making. Whether you drive by it every day or not is irrelevant to that point.

Back