Official Michael Stewart has put up the flag of surrender after Rangers administered a sound thrashing to his botty

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.

It has evidently taken BBC Scotland around a decade or so to acknowledge this.

The imitation of the opening of Madmen when they depicted Ally McCoist falling out of a window many years ago is testimony to how long they have been slandering the club in one way or another.

They were pissing themselves laughing when they got away with that one.

Have the bbc actually apologised. That statement says they did before and are happy to again. Dont see an apology in that statement though.

Saying your happy to do something isnt actually doing it is it.
The statement literally says they've apologised. What more do you want?

BBC should %^*& off.

We are now a progressive top European club & we don’t need their bias & hatred.

Do one, BBC.
I tend to agree. While I think it is better in principle to not be at war I objectively do not rate the BBC in terms of their actual coverage and quality of presenter. Add to that their open nationalist bias at an institutional level, I have not time for them and consider them an outdate relic as far as our club are concerned. They have fuelled division with our club, players and fans as the targets so playing nice now will do little to erase the messaging that has been ingrained onto the public perception.

It’s very important for a certain generation. My grandfather can’t go to games anymore, he listens to the radio and that was radio Scotland for live coverage. It was hard to explain why Rangers are never covered anymore he’s from a different generation that had a different experience with the BBC.

It's easy to read this the wrong way. You get the impression Rangers are lifting a ban on BBC coverage.
However, it didn't go down like that. Gollum got his press privileges revoked, and his BBC colleagues chose not to report from Ibrox to support him. It was a unilateral decision by BBC staff not to report on Rangers. The BBC were not banned from Ibrox by Rangers.
It is beyond shocking really. That BBC staff, their employer the public broadcaster funded by public's licence fee, could decide not to do their job, and deliver a compromised service to the very people paying for them. They were so nonchalant about it too. Everyone involved in this scandal at the BBC should be facing disciplinary procedures.

I dont believe for a moment there is an ounce of honesty in the apology or admission of failed standards.

However I welcome the conclusion as its dragged on way too long and ultimately Rangers can claim the win. Publicly at least.

What a start to the season the Club is having!

A series of blistering European nights at Ibrox over the last few years, picked up by their English counterparts and other media outlets, looks to have concentrated their minds.
They admit to poor editorial standards without any mention of exactly what they have done about it.
All we have is vague assurances it won’t happen again. It fits with their general arrogance, bias and air of entitlement.
I’m pleased for those bears who struggle with alternatives, but that’s about it.

I simply don’t trust the BBC anymore.

That is a huge admission by what is meant to be an impartial national broadcaster paid for by the taxpayers.
It really should mean an independent enquiry into why this has occurred.
The BBC have been in the wrong by their own admission and the question hanging in the air, is how much has their behaviour unfairly damaged the club?

I suppose it is good news, but it confirms the existence of people in Scotland prepared to use their influence in public positions to damage our club.
One suspects that such bad intentioned individuals are not confined to just the BBC, and opens the question how many other institutions have such people?

Last edited:
It’s a result but they will be for the watching.

Call me paranoid but I watched BBC Scotlands The Lost Final presented by Pat Nevin about the Scotland 82 U18 Euro champs - interesting enough but they made reference to McStay & Neale Cooper in it & showed clips of them both scoring against another Scottish team - guess who…

Always a coincidence…

I think they must have been coming under real fire nationally to back down line that. Almost like the pro SNP bias, the attack last week on our troops and the stand off with the largest unionist club in the UK is painting an uncomfortable picture for them.

For those instances yes. Still says happy to do so again. Is there a statement anywhere they actually apologise to us publicly. Would like to see it.

There happy to slander us publicly
It’s in the BBC Scotland tweet Rangers link too

A long stand off but the club stood our ground and this is vindication.

The vital thing is that BBC Scotland are not allowed to revert to type going forward.

He is a dirty Rangers hating scumbag.He said it live on radio that he was brought up to hate all thing Rangers from his Rangers hating father.
He's an Aberdeen fan, so that kind of follows.

But in real life not everyone's first priority is the football team they support.

I hate Aberdeen and Hibs as much as celtic but still have family and friends who support them.

I know it didn't suit everyone not being able to get info on the club they had traditionally gotten from BBC or other mainstream news outlets but for me, it just required a little more effort to go and look at our club media, which is actually much better.

From my perspective, this stance has proven to be the correct one and was an important part of our journey back.

'Yes you will apologise for the utter lies you wrote about our club and desist or you will suffer.
OK thanks for the apology. You will be again have journalist privileges. In you come'

I trust they are paying the same media access fees as everyone else?

Last edited:
Anyone post the Stewart apology iv not seen it?
Michael Stewart has apologised to former Rangers communications director James Traynor for comments made on BBC Radio Scotland two years ago.

A statement published on Twitter read: "I would like to apologise to Jim Traynor for comments about him on the BBC Sportsound programme on Monday 3 February 2020 and any distress caused to him and his family.
"On the programme, I referred (to) Jim as a dangerous character, a bully and someone who tries to create division for personal gain."

Stewart added: "I had no justification for those remarks and I withdraw them unreservedly.

"I realise that my remarks and the subsequent social media storm caused Jim and his family a lot of upset which I sincerely regret.

"I am also conscious that my remarks have caused embarrassment to Rangers Football Club and I would like to apologise to them too."

BBC Scotland apologised to Mr Traynor at the time.

I feel sorry for the non-payers of the TV Licence who relied on this as their sole justification :D
I feel sorry for you, if you think that non payment of the TV tax relates solely to the reporting of Rangers matches and matters.
This fairly feeble apology matters not a jot if their behaviour towards the club and support is not changed.
Michael Stewart was never the catalyst in this fallout, it was McLaughlin who repeatedly misrepresented Rangers issues, he has never apologised, I hope his press privileges will not be restored until he does.
Let us wait and see.

The BBC statement has given me the same euphoria of us signing a player. Since when has the BBC ever had to admit bias? I wonder what’s went on behind the scenes, we’re lawyers involved? Wonder if we will ever see similar in their efforts to hold the SNP to account.

I feel sorry for you, if you think that non payment of the TV tax relates solely to the reporting of Rangers matches and matters.
This fairly feeble apology matters not a jot if their behaviour towards the club and support is not changed.
Michael Stewart was never the catalyst in this fallout, it was McLaughlin who repeatedly misrepresented Rangers issues, he has never apologised, I hope his press privileges will not be restored until he does.
Let us wait and see.

The clue was in the words “relied” and “sole justification”

But I knew there would be a couple who wouldn’t be able to resist declaring that they’ll never ever pay the licence fee so thanks. :D

Back