Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

SFA interim report

3.75 Where the Review has found that when allegations of sexual abuse have been made concerning the community based youth football club our expectation would have been that the senior club (almost like a parent) would have taken steps to put this right permanently by doing the right thing. Unfortunately, we have seen some instances where this has not been the case and the senior club’s response has centred on protection of its reputation and standing rather than addressing the core problem with a view to achieving a permanent solution which protected young players properly and permanently.”

They acknowledged that a football clubs standing has been built on the backs of child abuse victims but remain silent about it. The media hasn’t mentioned this either.
The SFA review isn’t worth the paper it was written on. Spotlight will show something shortly that will show how they have treated a certain family member of a victim of P2.
It’s shocking to say the least.
We’ve also assisted this person on seeking legal advice which is happening as I type this.
Why have the SFA missed so much out of their review? Are they protecting someone? I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

The SFA review isn’t worth the paper it was written on. Spotlight will show something shortly that will show how they have treated a certain family member of a victim of P2.
We’ve also assisted this person on seeking legal advice which is happening as I type this.
Why have the SFA missed so much out of their review? Are they protecting someone? I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.
It was set up for one intention, to muddy the waters of this scandal. I suspect the little extract was an error in their part.
It would of been good if the media highlighted the truth from their error, that a football team in Scotland's standing in football is built on the backs of child abuse victims.

Well done. Hopefully they get the outcome they are due.

Out of interest are all the related cases going through the same legal firm?

It would make sense as Thompsons must by now have a vast knowledge of what was going on at any given time during this sordid ordeal.

The Catholic church in Scotland put protecting its reputation above the safety of abused children as it covered up for paedophiles, its former safeguarding adviser has claimed.

Martin Henry advised the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh on child protection for 22 years and was a member of the Scottish Catholic bishops’ working party on child sexual abuse.

His testimony was cited after the Scottish child abuse inquiry found that sexual predators found it easier to target children in religious settings because of a culture of “habitual deference”.

“God was ‘weaponised’ in the sense that there was a habit of taking advantage of the subservience by others to the power of the religious; they could rely on routinely being held in high regard

Rest behind a paywall( The Times) where have I heard of Martin Henry before another reason he fot the SFA review?

The Catholic church in Scotland put protecting its reputation above the safety of abused children as it covered up for paedophiles, its former safeguarding adviser has claimed.

Martin Henry advised the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh on child protection for 22 years and was a member of the Scottish Catholic bishops’ working party on child sexual abuse.

His testimony was cited after the Scottish child abuse inquiry found that sexual predators found it easier to target children in religious settings because of a culture of “habitual deference”.

“God was ‘weaponised’ in the sense that there was a habit of taking advantage of the subservience by others to the power of the religious; they could rely on routinely being held in high regard

Rest behind a paywall( The Times) where have I heard of Martin Henry before another reason he fot the SFA review?

Is there no low they will stoop to BBN? I'm sure they will receive their due punishment in the fullness of time - and it won't be a moment too soon.

An ex President per chance.. .?

Some were asking if Marc Horne was still on the subject. I can assure you he definitely is. Once the court cases get underway then you’ll see more from Marc.

From today’s Times…

Catholic church ‘put its reputation above child safety’
The Catholic church was censured by the Scottish child abuse inquiry

Marc Horne
The Times

“God was ‘weaponised’ in the sense that there was a habit of taking advantage of the subservience by others to the power of the religious; they could rely on routinely being held in high regard and that could operate as a mechanism to silence children,” an inquiry report on the psychology on child abusers, published today, said.

“That may have enabled the abuser to feel he had permission to abuse children, it may have helped the abuser to feel he could ‘act with impunity’.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Henry told Lady Smith, the judge who is the inquiry chairwoman, that he stepped back from advising the church on safeguarding in 2013. He said he would not reveal the reasons for his withdrawal but suggested “they may become evident”.

“As an institution, there was this message: avoid bringing scandal on the church,” he said. “Which essentially has translated across institutions into: protect the institution and its reputation before you protect the child or the young person.

“That has been, I think, a theme that has been very strong in our child protection and sex offending debate in relation to institutions in Scotland.”

The Catholic church in Scotland issued a “profound apology” to victims of child abuse in 2015. Church documents showed that 126 historical allegations of sexual molestation had been made against priests.

SPONSORED

Henry, who chaired the Scottish FA-commissioned review into child sexual abuse in the national sport, said: “The church itself has peculiarities about it as an institution, which allowed abuse to take place in a particular way and perhaps also to continue.”

He claimed that people had been kept silent by an institutional culture of “guilt and shame and subservience to power”, adding: “When you add God in, who is always there, omnipresent, watching what you are doing and listening to, what you’re saying and thinking, it becomes all the more powerful.

“To this day, I’m astonished that so many adults have found the courage and ability, and young people, to really break through that and talk about it. I’m thankful that they have.”

The 33-page report, published after the inquiry was addressed by a panel of experts, said: “It may have been easier for abusers from religious settings to perpetrate abuse because of them being able to take advantage of habitual deference by others to the power of the religious.

ADVERTISEMENT

“They could rely on routinely being held in high regard and that could operate as a mechanism to silence children. That may have enabled the abuser to feel he had permission to abuse children.”

The inquiry previously heard that Nazareth Houses, residential homes overseen by the Catholic Church, were places of “fear, hostility and confusion” where vulnerable young people were beaten, abused and “degraded with impunity” by nuns.

In November 2013 the Scottish Catholic bishops asked the Very Rev Dr Andrew McLellan, a former Church of Scotland moderator, to carry out an external review of its safeguarding protocols and procedures

His report stated that “justice must be done and justice must be seen to be done for those who have been abused and for those against whom allegations of abuse are made”.

In response Archbishop Philip Tartaglia, then Scotland’s most senior Catholic, said that the church’s response to survivors had often been “slow, unsympathetic or uncaring” and pledged change.

A spokesman for the Catholic church said today: “While many institutions, including the church, may previously have sought to protect their reputations, a significant cultural change in recent decades has seen safeguarding practice become permanently embedded.

“The Catholic church maintains a deep and unwavering commitment to the highest standards of safeguarding in order to ensure that the church is a place of safety for all.”

It’s a great shame that the SMSM haven’t shown the same approach to a Scottish Football Club over their behaviour.

So many people have suffered due to decisions taken by those at the VERY TOP of that organisation.

Even when the evidence is mounting on the disgraceful behaviour at parkhead over the last five decades, the current smsm are the same as their predecessors, head in the sand.
The preferential treatment shown to this organisation is overwhelming, any other club would and should be forced into accountability,but alas not this lot.
What we are witnessing is the dereliction of duty by multiple parties, from government, footballing authorities, police and the justice department.
The shameful club like no other are indeed above the law it would seem.

Even when the evidence is mounting on the disgraceful behaviour at parkhead over the last five decades, the current smsm are the same as their predecessors, head in the sand.
The preferential treatment shown to this organisation is overwhelming, any other club would and should be forced into accountability,but alas not this lot.
What we are witnessing is the dereliction of duty by multiple parties, from government, footballing authorities, police and the justice department.
The shameful club like no other are indeed above the law it would seem.
See new editor in chief of the Herald/Times
Placeman at the top
Not unusual in press started getting rid of non dominational reporters in the press media in the 80's just as the cover up began

One of the many great travesties here is that no-one in our legal system, from Police Scotland to the Procurators or Advocate General ever takes action against the criminals who pervert the course of justice and aid and abet Child abusers.
Help a drug dealer evade justice and Plod is down on you like a ton of bricks, arrange to move a guilty Priest to another Parish or get a non disclosure agreement to shield a pervert football coach and it’s. “ You’re. O.K. Bishop, Cardinal or Managing Director, justice is blind to your criminal act, the law will not be applied”.

This is the first thread I look for when I log in. And I'll tell y'all why.
Because one day soon, all the Spotlight work will come to fruition.
One day soon, all those despicable b4stards who preyed on the innocent kids will get what is coming to them. Hell isn't good enough for them. Even the devil himself would knock them back.
And don't get me started on the judiciary, police, politicians, etc. All complicit. And the chunts know it. How they can all sleep easy at night is beyond me.

I don’t think we can rely on this inept leader on any inquiry stateside. How this fool got the role of president is just ludicrous…

President Biden showed his deeply held affinity with Ireland when he compared the plight of the Palestinians to Britain’s “attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years” in remarks in Israel yesterday.

It was not his first comment about his family roots at the expense of the British, having turned down a request for comment from a BBC journalist on the campaign trail in 2020, saying: “The BBC? I’m Irish.”

However, it comes at a delicate moment, with the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill under review by parliament amid warnings from the White House and senior US politicians about its impact on the Good Friday agreement.

His remark also risked upsetting his Israeli hosts at the end of a two-day visit, which he began by talking of a “bone-deep connection” with the US and declared that “you need not be a Jew to be a Zionist”.

His latest dig at Britain came in brief remarks to announce $100 million to support Palestinian hospitals. “My background and the background of my family is Irish American, and we have a long history of — not fundamentally unlike the Palestinian people — with Great Britain and their attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years, for 400 years,” Biden, 79, said.

He then quoted a poem by Seamus Heaney that says sometimes “justice rises up/ And hope and history rhyme”.

He added: “Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measure of freedom, security, prosperity and dignity. And access to healthcare, when you need it, is essential to living a life of dignity.”

There was no immediate official British reaction but Sir Paul Lever, a former British ambassador to Germany, tweeted: “President Biden has compared Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians with Britain’s treatment of Irish Catholics. He could also have mentioned, but didn’t, his own country’s treatment of black and native Americans.”

Biden has made gaffes throughout his career. He risked offending the Irish themselves during a St Patrick’s Day speech this year when he joked: “I may be Irish but I’m not stupid.”

I don’t think we can rely on this inept leader on any inquiry stateside. How this fool got the role of president is just ludicrous…

President Biden showed his deeply held affinity with Ireland when he compared the plight of the Palestinians to Britain’s “attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years” in remarks in Israel yesterday.

It was not his first comment about his family roots at the expense of the British, having turned down a request for comment from a BBC journalist on the campaign trail in 2020, saying: “The BBC? I’m Irish.”

However, it comes at a delicate moment, with the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill under review by parliament amid warnings from the White House and senior US politicians about its impact on the Good Friday agreement.

His remark also risked upsetting his Israeli hosts at the end of a two-day visit, which he began by talking of a “bone-deep connection” with the US and declared that “you need not be a Jew to be a Zionist”.

His latest dig at Britain came in brief remarks to announce $100 million to support Palestinian hospitals. “My background and the background of my family is Irish American, and we have a long history of — not fundamentally unlike the Palestinian people — with Great Britain and their attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years, for 400 years,” Biden, 79, said.

He then quoted a poem by Seamus Heaney that says sometimes “justice rises up/ And hope and history rhyme”.

He added: “Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measure of freedom, security, prosperity and dignity. And access to healthcare, when you need it, is essential to living a life of dignity.”

There was no immediate official British reaction but Sir Paul Lever, a former British ambassador to Germany, tweeted: “President Biden has compared Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians with Britain’s treatment of Irish Catholics. He could also have mentioned, but didn’t, his own country’s treatment of black and native Americans.”

Biden has made gaffes throughout his career. He risked offending the Irish themselves during a St Patrick’s Day speech this year when he joked: “I may be Irish but I’m not stupid.”

He will go down as the worst preseident they've had - and the current american people will go down as the worst generation they've had.

By the way; how to insult your two strongest allies in one brainless sentence.

He will go down as the worst preseident they've had - and the current american people will go down as the worst generation they've had.

By the way; how to insult your two strongest allies in one brainless sentence.
The man who is responsible put more black /hispanics behind bars than anyone else.

Absolute tit of a man

One day we will show all our research. We will show how we tracked individuals down and also what these individuals are doing now.
One thing we will never show, no matter what, is our communication with survivors and their families. That will always remain with Spotlight.
Each survivor that has contacted us knows this to be the case. We will never break that rule. We’re here to assist them in their quest for justice.
Look forward to that day. I hope it gets the platform and recognition it deserves.

I apologise to the poster that asked the question are Thompsons representing everyone in the class action? I forgot to reply and I can’t find the original post.
As far as we know, yes. We’re led to believe no other law firm have came forward. That’s basically what we know.
Sir, you owe us no apology. The only people you are answerable to are the victims and their families.
I dreading to even imagine what you hold back on releasing in this thread and maybe am grateful for it.

“I may be Irish but I’m not stupid.” fact is he is stupid and he isn't Irish and does have certain worrying signs regarding paedophilia

"Worrying signs"... = Videos of him groping girls on their chest.

Not a dig at you obviously, and don't want to derail the thread. But the US President hasnt posted random, cryptic suggestive tweets.

There are videos of him fondling girls under 18 where they shouldn't be touched.

I think it will surprise some. Especially our latest investigation on a known perpetrator. We will show this at the right time obviously. Please understand that we have to take legal advice on a few issues.
No criticism, You guys are doing a wonderful job and we understand these things are slow burners. My point was simply that I hope when you are ready to lift the bonnet and reveal all that you have a massive UK wide (perhaps even WW) media platform for that to be released on for maximum exposure of that rancid club.

No criticism, You guys are doing a wonderful job and we understand these things are slow burners. My point was simply that I hope when you are ready to lift the bonnet and reveal all that you have a massive UK wide (perhaps even WW) media platform for that to be released on for maximum exposure of that rancid club.
Over the years that Spotlight have been involved we have raised awareness and supported the survivors in any way we can.
We have also uncovered many things, and assisted in bringing certain individuals to justice.
Each one of us have learnt a lot along the way. And each one of us knew what we were up against from day one.
All our research is there and has been used by certain media outlets. Some of our research can’t be shown yet.
Over 10k followers on our Twitter account, and believe us, some are big names. We started with nothing and gained peoples trust by our dedication.
Basically mate, we’re doing all we can. What this subject needs is a dedicated investigative journalist to take it to the masses. We long for that day for the voices to be heard. For the truth to be shown. For the officials who knew to be asked why they said nothing.
In the meantime we keep going.
Not to you directly mate obviously, but for anyone that reads this post..
People forget what we’ve shown. Go back and have a look. I’ll guarantee you there’s things that you’ve forgot.

Over the years that Spotlight have been involved we have raised awareness and supported the survivors in any way we can.
We have also uncovered many things, and assisted in bringing certain individuals to justice.
Each one of us have learnt a lot along the way. And each one of us knew what we were up against from day one.
All our research is there and has been used by certain media outlets. Some of our research can’t be shown yet.
Over 10k followers on our Twitter account, and believe us, some are big names. We started with nothing and gained peoples trust by our dedication.
Basically mate, we’re doing all we can. What this subject needs is a dedicated investigative journalist to take it to the masses. We long for that day for the voices to be heard. For the truth to be shown. For the officials who knew to be asked why they said nothing.
In the meantime we keep going.
Not to you directly mate obviously, but for anyone that reads this post..
People forget what we’ve shown. Go back and have a look. I’ll guarantee you there’s things that you’ve forgot.
Well said BN94.
Thanks again to you & your team for keeping these issues in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Senile old arsehole.

I apologise to the poster that asked the question are Thompsons representing everyone in the class action? I forgot to reply and I can’t find the original post.
As far as we know, yes. We’re led to believe no other law firm have came forward. That’s basically what we know.
Twas I, thanks for the info.

No need for an apology. I can hardly run my day to day life never mind trying to deal with all that yourself and the rest of your team deal with.

Hopefully Gordon will get justice and that horrible bastard who has affected so many lives dies behind bars.
It’s took a lot of time for Gordon to get here, along with other victims and families that have suffered to this animal. I have more respect for animals so that’s probably the wrong word to use.
This bastard operated while club officials knew.
The denial from their own support is disgusting enough, and predictable as their religion fools them into believing that they are the victims throughout decades and centuries.
I might be going a bit deep for some and sometimes I struggle for words.
We’ve heard first hand accounts.
Why are that club being protected?
Who are the SFA protecting?
There is managers in football today that know. Ex-managers that know. Pundits that know.
Politicians that know, even when his own son played for them.
Another politician that stated that EBT’s is as bad as child abuse.
Point scoring fools that have continued to spout their nonsense that have a position of power in Scotland.
What Spotlight have discovered recently has sickened us to the core.
We promise we’ll show it. If Spotlight hadn’t found this then we don’t think anyone else would have.
Again, it’s been handed to the correct people.
Of course my post will be viewed by the apologists. I don’t hate you. To put your football club and religion before humanity is disturbing. My only message to you is help the boys that pulled on your colours. Help their families. All of you would wear the hoops if you had the chance. Wee boys proud no matter what their background. Unfortunately at your club there was a ring operating that goes far and wide.
Don’t abuse these gentlemen coming forward. They wore your colours.

Back