Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I wouldn't worry on that count, I'm sure the guys have that covered. For a group of amatures carrying out an investigation such as this I'd bet it's the most professional job this country has ever seen.
One day we will show all our research. We will show how we tracked individuals down and also what these individuals are doing now.
One thing we will never show, no matter what, is our communication with survivors and their families. That will always remain with Spotlight.
Each survivor that has contacted us knows this to be the case. We will never break that rule. We’re here to assist them in their quest for justice.

Always find this aspect of criminal/gang life utterly bizarre.

Guy stands at 5’5 and looks like a physical confrontation would run the risk of giving him a heart attack. I get it when big units get the ‘enforcer’ tag, but a grown man would have to fancy their chances against this bloke.

This is one of the reasons why it is so hard to get the proper and thorough independent enquiry this deserves...it would expose those at the top. It is blatantly obvious there has been a long running pedophile ring operating at celtic. The abusers seem to have all acted without any fear of being caught, to many that might imply protection from not only those in control of the club, but quite likely police, lawyers, judges... and members of Parliament.

Guy stands at 5’5 and looks like a physical confrontation would run the risk of giving him a heart attack. I get it when big units get the ‘enforcer’ tag, but a grown man would have to fancy their chances against this bloke.
The fear is not derived from a physical confrontation with these clowns, it’s from the lengths they’re willing to go.

He tried it on with a boy who i grew up with and was a bit of a lunatic in Barlinnie.

Boy fought him and his 2 pals off then got his revenge by stabbing hammy and another one of them.

Apparently Hammy was an evil bastard.

He tried it on with a boy who i grew up with and was a bit of a lunatic in Barlinnie.

Boy fought him and his 2 pals off then got his revenge by stabbing hammy and another one of them.

Apparently Hammy was an evil bastard.

I grew up where he was from, thankfully I was a bit younger and the time I was cutting about he was already in the jail but he raped a few older guys I knew - not one of them are living now, all died of alcohol, drug abuse, fair guess that they turned to alcohol/drugs to escape the horrors they'd gone through.

Da always told me never to back down but said if Hammy every entered pub or bookies (after he got out of jail) I was to leave straight away.

Evil bastard.

The problem is people of influence in the police, legal authorities and politicians are knee deep in this f@#!ing disgrace, it continually gets covered up and played over and over scum of the earth may all involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell!!!!
That’s why Ghislaine Maxwell got 20 years in prison for child sex trafficking but no evidence was allowed to become public to whom these children were being trafficked to - I would love to know (and I think justice demands that we do know and prosecute the others involved) but the files were sealed once the case was finished.

My guess is that this is the tip of the iceberg and the group of people involved is so large and the network so protected due to self interest, not much more will be done.

Think about the high profile public cases (with ensuing media frenzy and endless speculation), e.g. George Floyd & Kyle Rittenhouse but NOTHING public in the Maxwell case and to a lesser extent, the Harvey Weinstein case.

Just watched ITV report on the inquiry relating to CSA in Telford and the question being asked is how it was allowed to go under the radar for so long.
Is this Ben Chapman one of the journalists contacted by Spotlight or is he new on the scene and worth a visit
White people in positions of power so shit scared to do their actual job because of fear of getting embroiled in a race accusation. Playing politics instead of doing the job.

That’s why Ghislaine Maxwell got 20 years in prison for child sex trafficking but no evidence was allowed to become public to whom these children were being trafficked to - I would love to know (and I think justice demands that we do know and prosecute the others involved) but the files were sealed once the case was finished.

My guess is that this is the tip of the iceberg and the group of people involved is so large and the network so protected due to self interest, not much more will be done.

Think about the high profile public cases (with ensuing media frenzy and endless speculation), e.g. George Floyd & Kyle Rittenhouse but NOTHING public in the Maxwell case and to a lesser extent, the Harvey Weinstein case.
She wouldn't have been working alone either.

It amazes me how easy it is for people to fob off child and adult human trafficking but it is a multi billion pound 'business'.

The horrors the victims go through is unimaginable but we live in a corrupt world where the rich and powerful control the narrative.

She wouldn't have been working alone either.

It amazes me how easy it is for people to fob off child and adult human trafficking but it is a multi billion pound 'business'.

The horrors the victims go through is unimaginable but we live in a corrupt world where the rich and powerful control the narrative.
You would have thought that Epstein & Maxwell were going to be given deals so they would give information on those involved. Epstein never got the chance to testify and nothing of any interest Maxwell said was made public.

There were strong rumours that Epstein kept dossiers on people who visited his island and that is why he is no longer with us.

It’s awful that the abuse of children is a “multi-billion” dollar industry and the sooner it is burned to the ground and the guilty at least in prison for the rest of their lives (preferably put to death) in some way, the better.

Nothing happening yet on this. I only look in every hundred pages or so in the hope to read this is in court and looking like a guilty verdict.
I think we will need a miracle (not one of the many they have) in order to get a result and close down this vile club. One can only hope.

Greville Jenner Cyril Smith two high profile public men in positions of authority who were accused many times of being rapists of young children and went to their deaths with there secrets. The survivors told the relevant authorities when they were alive of their abuses . Wish they had Spotlight and there like to fight for them as the abuse that has taken place at Seperate entity Fc, will not go unpunished P1 and P2 and the rest of the coaches,directors that abused kids in there care and there wives, children who all know now that there husbands fathers were all evil bastards paedophiles i for one would not have any of them for a minute near my kids they have got away with the abuse for so long in the eyes of the law but not in the court of public opinion and i bet not within there family circle .

Nothing happening yet on this. I only look in every hundred pages or so in the hope to read this is in court and looking like a guilty verdict.
I think we will need a miracle (not one of the many they have) in order to get a result and close down this vile club. One can only hope.
Give the negative crap a rest. These things take time, frustrating as it is.

G40 3RE crime scene of the biggest cover up scandal in the footballing world, separate entity FC, responsible for the sexual abuse of minors in their care over decades .The preferential treatment shown to this institution down the years should come as a shock but is alarmingly predictable.
Several administrations and custodians of that club have behaved appallingly and to date have not taken ownership of the problem. The denials and refusal to engage with victims is abhorrent and the damage done is irreversible. However when the full extent of abuse, abusers and apologists is uncovered only then will the world see them for what they really are. Justice is a long time coming for the victims of this organisation, they deserve much better.

One day we will show all our research. We will show how we tracked individuals down and also what these individuals are doing now.
One thing we will never show, no matter what, is our communication with survivors and their families. That will always remain with Spotlight.
Each survivor that has contacted us knows this to be the case. We will never break that rule. We’re here to assist them in their quest for justice.
Get it all into a book, proceeds to the victims, massive sales.

It's more about getting closure for the victims mate through compensation and acceptance that Celtic are recognised as culpable. I'm no psychologist but attributing blame to those who deserve it will help the victims come to terms with the fact they were abandoned and ostracised by the people who should have protected them. Often the victims of such crimes blame themselves or are confused how this could happen to them or wonder why they were not protected. This process will hopefully and finally make it clear that Glasgow Celtic are to blame for letting these crimes happen and the victims can feel they have some level of justice and acknowledgement. It's scandalous how they have been treated by successive governments, ignored by the media and mocked by Celtic.

Just watched ITV report on the inquiry relating to CSA in Telford and the question being asked is how it was allowed to go under the radar for so long.
Is this Ben Chapman one of the journalists contacted by Spotlight or is he new on the scene and worth a visit.

We haven’t contacted him mate.

Where does he work ?

It's more about getting closure for the victims mate through compensation and acceptance that Celtic are recognised as culpable. I'm no psychologist but attributing blame to those who deserve it will help the victims come to terms with the fact they were abandoned and ostracised by the people who should have protected them. Often the victims of such crimes blame themselves or are confused how this could happen to them or wonder why they were not protected. This process will hopefully and finally make it clear that Glasgow Celtic are to blame for letting these crimes happen and the victims can feel they have some level of justice and acknowledgement. It's scandalous how they have been treated by successive governments, ignored by the media and mocked by Celtic.

You’re right, this class action, if successful, will again confirm their guilt & responsibility as a club, however it’s worth reminding everyone that they’ve already lost a civil case just under three years ago.

That related to abuse by McCafferty on one victim.

Get it all into a book, proceeds to the victims, massive sales.
We were approached on this previously. We’ve also been approached asking for interviews with members of Spotlight from journalists outside these shores.
The way we look at it is our research is already out there and can be used by anyone, so we don’t see the need to speak to any member of Spotlight.
Obviously we’re holding some stuff back for the appropriate time to release it. Maybe when it’s all out then an author would take it on?

Greville Jenner Cyril Smith two high profile public men in positions of authority who were accused many times of being rapists of young children and went to their deaths with there secrets. The survivors told the relevant authorities when they were alive of their abuses . Wish they had Spotlight and there like to fight for them as the abuse that has taken place at Seperate entity Fc, will not go unpunished P1 and P2 and the rest of the coaches,directors that abused kids in there care and there wives, children who all know now that there husbands fathers were all evil bastards paedophiles i for one would not have any of them for a minute near my kids they have got away with the abuse for so long in the eyes of the law but not in the court of public opinion and i bet not within there family circle .
Wasn’t there a connection between Cyril Smith, Ted Heath & Jimmy Saville?

Fvcking great ain't it that you've got to go to England and afar to get a reporter to cover this
That seems to be the case mate. Which over 50 years of observing local Scots reporters tip toe around the case, bringing in English reporters is not a bad thing. In fact it should be welcomed.

No other crime to my knowledge comes anywhere close to this - if it was a case of multiple bank robberies, we'd know every detail of the robbers, their address, the time, the money they took and every detail of what they'd been up to since the robbery.

But, our very own police force and reporters look away for some reason.

If the link to the mass English paedophile Barry Bennell is true - then this should intensify the case for English reporters and msm to start doing what the Scottish investigative reporters have failed to do.

Last edited:

He met his end allegedly to a good friend of mine and all I can say is he was evil and his height was not what worried people.

I grew up where he was from, thankfully I was a bit younger and the time I was cutting about he was already in the jail but he raped a few older guys I knew - not one of them are living now, all died of alcohol, drug abuse, fair guess that they turned to alcohol/drugs to escape the horrors they'd gone through.

Da always told me never to back down but said if Hammy every entered pub or bookies (after he got out of jail) I was to leave straight away.

Evil bastard.
That evil bastard got exactly what he deserved when he got out.

Unfortunately their used to be a lot of drug addicts who were happy to go with him for a fix inside.

I hope he suffered greatly as he ruined a lot of young mens lives.

Separate entity FC , and RC interferences all at play and pandering towards the masses ?
Influencing political and legal figures all in the mix ?
Half a century of lies and deception and no one cares enough to take the bull by the horns .
Religious and sporting groups exempt from government investigation?
We are not in a twilight zone, this is Scotland 2022.
Reads like a fictional story but sadly this is where we are, the system is failing with no solutions.
All for the reputation and standing of a football club?

Separate entity FC , and RC interferences all at play and pandering towards the masses ?
Influencing political and legal figures all in the mix ?
Half a century of lies and deception and no one cares enough to take the bull by the horns .
Religious and sporting groups exempt from government investigation?
We are not in a twilight zone, this is Scotland 2022.
Reads like a fictional story but sadly this is where we are, the system is failing with no solutions.
All for the reputation and standing of a football club?
SFA interim report

3.75 Where the Review has found that when allegations of sexual abuse have been made concerning the community based youth football club our expectation would have been that the senior club (almost like a parent) would have taken steps to put this right permanently by doing the right thing. Unfortunately, we have seen some instances where this has not been the case and the senior club’s response has centred on protection of its reputation and standing rather than addressing the core problem with a view to achieving a permanent solution which protected young players properly and permanently.”

They acknowledged that a football clubs standing has been built on the backs of child abuse victims but remain silent about it. The media hasn’t mentioned this either.

They have already lost a significant court case with a class action lawsuit on the immediate horizon.

I don't understand how you don't know this if you have been reading the thread. It's all coming down the train tracks straight to their door.
When the class action is over I am assuming/hoping Spotlight won't be far away from releasing evidence that they have waiting to go out.

I reckon wee Nippy knows she is about to lose her core vote after the court cases as her Government will need to be seen to back the victims as they will look bad on the world stage if they don't.

IMO that's why she is pushing for the next indy ref before it all goes pear shaped.

SFA interim report

3.75 Where the Review has found that when allegations of sexual abuse have been made concerning the community based youth football club our expectation would have been that the senior club (almost like a parent) would have taken steps to put this right permanently by doing the right thing. Unfortunately, we have seen some instances where this has not been the case and the senior club’s response has centred on protection of its reputation and standing rather than addressing the core problem with a view to achieving a permanent solution which protected young players properly and permanently.”

They acknowledged that a football clubs standing has been built on the backs of child abuse victims but remain silent about it. The media hasn’t mentioned this either.

Defo not my view mate.

I believe that celtic football club were refuting the allegations - so as the mass scale child abuse could continue amongst their in-house, external and celebrity abusers.

They have already lost a significant court case with a class action lawsuit on the immediate horizon.

I don't understand how you don't know this if you have been reading the thread. It's all coming down the train tracks straight to their door.
When the class action is over I am assuming/hoping Spotlight won't be far away from releasing evidence that they have waiting to go out.

I reckon wee Nippy knows she is about to lose her core vote after the court cases as her Government will need to be seen to back the victims as they will look bad on the world stage if they don't.

IMO that's why she is pushing for the next indy ref before it all goes pear shaped.

Agree with all that mate. Spoke to a QC who is not involved but asked if he knew who was and roughly when this would reach a court. He said he did not know which being in Glasgow I thought he would be aware.
I worry that these scum will get away with this despite all that has been said.
I dont read all the posts in this thread but would be grateful if anybody can say who is acting for the class action.
As you say the evil witch will not want this to cloud her efforts which in my view will fail.
SNP/Septic should be destroyed forever and never seen again.

100% agree with you on this mate that's why the desperation on her behalf

Agree with all that mate. Spoke to a QC who is not involved but asked if he knew who was and roughly when this would reach a court. He said he did not know which being in Glasgow I thought he would be aware.
I dont read all the posts in this thread but would be grateful if anybody can say who is acting for the class action.
As you say the evil witch will not want this to cloud her efforts which in my view will fail.
Thompson Solicitors are the ones taking them to court.

My fear too

But got to hold faith

Back