Criticism of Colak is over the top

Is this forum a good snapshot of the wider Rangers support?

It feels players are getting less and less time. Colak being one. The Matondo thread has folk writing him off and he has only played 60mins.

Absolute madness
Thats when lots of Rangers fans are at their happiest. Writing players off and demanding sackings etc. It's like their own wee warped version of a soap opera.

Jesus Christ, it’s been a handful of games, it would be hugely surprising if it “clicked” immediately. He had one cross to work with on Tuesday night.

Had a perfectly good goal ruled out against Livi. Was in the right place at the right time for a goal against Spurs. Also had one disallowed at Blackpool.

The way people are speaking you’d think he’d been serving up Sebo or Ostenstad style performances.

The “creative” players gave him nothing much to work with on Tuesday. We need to be on the front foot, getting decent balls into him and in behind, he will also be adjusting to a new life here and getting to grips with our style of play and the expectation on him.

People need to give him a break ffs.
All very fair points. Nevertheless, his movement could be much better. He should be pulling defenders about creating space not waiting for wide players to find him. I’m not writing him off but the jury is very much still out on him and whilst I agree criticism has been a bit OTT (particularly Hately) he’s fair game for criticism like everyone else

Of course it is. Scored a good header vs. Livi, had zero service in Belgium. Has played 2 games!
ENcdvIJ.gif

The thing that gets me is that with the way Gio has set his two teams up this season, he’s gave colak no real chance of succeeding. He’s a striker who doesn’t come deep and link play, Gio will know this, he’s a penalty box striker. Instead of playing the correct players to link midfield to attack, we always go with the safe option. Asking him to play the Morelos role is silly, he’s not Morelos, he’s not the same kind of striker, he’s a striker who will put away chances when he gets them, case and point the header vs Livingston.

Kamara and lundstram isn’t needed against Livingston, especially in Gio’s formation were he asks Kamara to play as a no10, yuk. Again against USG we didn’t need 3 cb’s and 2 dm but again Gio played that. In both games we’ve had no real link between midfield and attack which amplify’s colak’s unwillingness to come and link play. Colak’s a 28 year old striker, he’s not just suddenly going to start being good at dropping deep to collect the ball.

Thats when lots of Rangers fans are at their happiest. Writing players off and demanding sackings etc. It's like their own wee warped version of a soap opera.
We say that but we've also had a massive band telling everyone that "there's a player in there for" players like Grezda, Itten, Dalcio, Herrera, Pena, Senderos, Barker, Jones, Sadiq etc etc More there are just different views on here and that is it.

I also expect an actual ode to be written about this disallowed goal from Colak against Livi such it it's importance to some people on here.

Anyway, I expect the poor lad will be as many expect, a 3rd choice.

Our problem now is the same as it's been for a couple of seasons, in that we don't create enough chances. We desperately need a playmaker type in the middle of the park.
Our problem is that we expect every forward to perform exactly as Morelos does.

There’s no adjustment whatsoever to different styles.

His movement and positioning in the box are excellent. He can’t score though when our Centre Backs are playing square passes for most of the game in our own half. I like his attitude though, never let’s his head go down and keeps trying. Once he scores, hopefully this afternoon, then the goals will come.

All very fair points. Nevertheless, his movement could be much better. He should be pulling defenders about creating space not waiting for wide players to find him. I’m not writing him off but the jury is very much still out on him and whilst I agree criticism has been a bit OTT (particularly Hately) he’s fair game for criticism like everyone else
I think we should play with 2 strikers (when we actually have 2 fit ones). I think AM is great at pulling defenders out of position and creating space but the downside of that, at times, is when the ball comes into the box, he isn’t there to receive it. I think playing Colak and Morelos to see if we score more would be an idea. Maybe we will only play one striker and hope our midfield will weigh in with the goals. The amount of goals we get considering the chances we make is still a concern for me.

Personally my team would be when all are available:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz

Lundstram

Motondo Lawrence Kent

Morelos Colak/Tillman

I think there would be a good amount of goals in this team.

Playing 2/3 holding midfielders is crippling our creativity imo.

Took his goal really well and looks like he is a very good finisher.

However, and I am not writing him off, the talk of lack of service should disappear as when Alfie came on he was far far more involved in the game than Colak was.

2 domestic games, should be 2 goals. (wrong offside goal last week).

Keep that ratio up and we will be happy.
If it's an opening goal or equaliser in particular.

Strikers get praise for scoring goals, even when we are already 3 nil up.

He has scored two critical goals (one wrongly called offside).

If he scores one of them per match, especially opening goals, that is good.

I hope this even makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say.

Criticism of every player is over the top. I link this to the BoE interest rate rise. Young team miffed because they want everything now. Old cants miffed because? All match day threads get toxic after 15 minutes if we haven't scored.
Oh to have the ban hammer.

Took his goal really well and looks like he is a very good finisher.

However, and I am not writing him off, the talk of lack of service should disappear as when Alfie came on he was far far more involved in the game than Colak was.

Different strikers and one has only been here 5 minutes. Alfredo got service as well, twice in the box and it was nipped off his toe.

He scored his chance, thats what you want.

If it's an opening goal or equaliser in particular.

Strikers get praise for scoring goals, even when we are already 3 nil up.

He has scored two critical goals (one wrongly called offside).

If he scores one of them per match, especially opening goals, that is good.

I hope this even makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say.

Have always believed that, theres a difference between a striker that scores to open the scoring or scores the winner to ones that score the 4/5th goal.

Colak scored the opener today and while they never scored Alfredos was like a winner, just at the right time.

People expect their football team to gel, understand themselves, play as a unit, score goals, keep clean sheets, win games from just day one.

It will take a bit more time for them to do so but hopefully we'll come good, Colak included.

The criticism of Colak has been bonkers all in and even bad for the Rangers support. He hasn't done much wrong at all since he got here. People having a go at him are very much best ignored.

Took his goal well today and had some fine moments of play. A lot of people forgetting he's 3 competitive games into his career in a new country.

Took his goal well but the haters are gonna hate regardless.
His overall game was poor again today BUT he needs time to settle, great to see him score and hopefully getting to see the work Alfie put in as our centre forward will help him. In his cameo, Alfie scored, should have had another, was pressing their left back, was pressing their left winger after a corner, was dropping deep to hold the ball up.

Thought he was poor in the first half, but got involved a lot more in the second half and took his goal really well. Hopefully he can push on a bit now.

Back