Criticism of Colak is over the top

Seems evident that he's a finisher. He doesn't seem anything more than that at all which seems unfair to play him in a system that requires some movement, hold up play and aggression that he doesn't have. Probably all we could hope from a 3rd choice. He'll get over 10 goals this season I reckon, knows where the net is when he's in the box.

Needs to do far more as currently he is offering nothing to help us break teams down.

He doesn’t make runs into the channel, or drop deep and link play, or hold the ball up well. Lost count of the amount of times the ball was played into his feet and the defender simply brushed him aside and collected the ball.

Playing with a striker which does none of the above makes us very easy to defend against, and we’ve saw this evidenced in our first 3 games now.

Awful again today but took his goal well. Like a really immobile Boyd possibly.

The difference in the team when Alfie came on was remarkable
The difference is that we play to Alfies style.

If Colak passed up the chances Alfie did today you would be losing it.

Colak did well when he actually got service and we realised he wasnt 14ft and not going to win the crosses we were putting in.

If Scott Wright realised its better to play a pass infront of a player when its 2 on 1 he might have had two.

We are settling in with him and once we play to his strengths he will score a good share for us. Unsure how you could say he wasnt mobile.

Alfie needs time to get upto speed as well

Yes the criticism is ridiculous so early in the season (and no, friendlies don't count). It was a good finish for his goal today, which you can also say for the goals he's scored in friendlies and those that were chopped off. If his finishing makes him a replacement for Roofe and he's fit consistently, that's a good start.

I hope we'll see Colak gel with the team so that he's more involved in build-up play and has more chances per game, and I think that may well come if he is involved regularly. I do wish we could find a way to adapt when we don't have Alfie available, because it is a tactical liability to be so reliant on a style of play that revolves around a player who we can't easily buy a replacement for with our budget.

Nice finish again. Will be useful coming off the bench when we need a goal or when a game opens up.

The reality is he should be sitting at home tonight having played 2 games and scored 2 goals if the linesman last week did his job.

He could do more in the build up but that might come with some coaching and time at the club but he will score goals if we give him the chances.

Looks a finisher to me, trying to shoehorn him into a team that looks like it's set up for Alfie. Need to adapt when Alfie is not there, if we do I think the guy will do well

Some fans have it in for the big man already, no matter what he does he'll be their whipping boy. He scored today, had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Livi that VAR would have given - amazing what happens when a team mate actually passes the ball to a striker eh?

He's been signed as back up to Alfie, possibly even 3rd choice when Roofe is back, so if he can finish like he's shown so far then he'll do for me as that back up option. Reality is, if he starts, then the team need to play to his strengths and some of our fans need to get off his back.

His first touch and finish was superb for the goal. People are waiting for him to be something he never was. He's a penalty box finisher and someone who will chase down balls and defenders all game.

You could see Morelos wasnt quite match fit and likely won't start Tuesday but you could see when he came on just how much movement we miss when Colak plays up front.

I know they are different players and different styles but Morelos fits Gios system like a glove. Im not quite sure Colak does unless we change something.

No one in Scotland can run the channels like Alfie does. Colak needs to learn from him.

So many players have had a poor start when they come to Rangers. He’s only played a couple of games and scored.
Some of the comments over the threads about him have been unfair in my opinion.
Belgium hurts, but it’s not over. Not by a long shot.

I think there’s a decent comparison between colak and boyd. He’s not gonna do much outside the box and others will need to set up his chances but give him a chance in the box and will be clinical against teams in our league

We looked better when matondo was on as well so worth factoring that in more when he plays. (I know midweek was poor I’m talking in the league)

He knows where the net is. He will score goals for us.

Watching the big man in the flesh yesterday I think 2 things are very clear

1. He's a finisher , despite his decent build and height he isn't a striker who is going to be doing what Alfie is unplayable at and the way we are set up to play usually ...
2. His movement is completely different to Alfie , he consistently looks for the quick ball around / behind the defender rather than coming short - as above completely different to Alfie and the way we are used to playing...

Like most new signings , what we are seeing now is an embedding period and once that's done I can see him scoring double figures minimum this season , even with him being back up to Alfie once he's fully fit

Getting better all round, but he knows where the goal is. How many goals did Kris Boyd score for us whilst playing sh!te? If he keeps doing that then he'll force and extra 5-10% out of Alfredo which can only be good.

Get the ball to him in a dangerous area and he generally hits the target. That goal will do wonders for his confidence.

Reactions: fmp
Back