MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stewards actively blocking entrance in Main Stand Rear until shown a valid match ticket.

Obviously worried about Malmo repeat.

No issues for me in Main Rear, ever, but guessing repeated around stadium

Playing that same left side of defence that got ripped apart last week isn’t great, need borna to find some kind of form, even if he is average, that’s miles better than what he’s been this season. Hopefully kent on that side takes some pressure off him as well. Now think we’ll need to score at least three cause I think it’ll be unlikely we don’t concede with that left hand side of defence. Everything apart from that is fine, just worried about that side of the defence.

We will get overrun in midfield. Who’s playing midfield? I’m not confident upon seeing this
Am I the only one that doesn’t get this!
Looks to me a 4-1-4-1 formation which he hasn’t used for months
Didn’t even use home to Killie in SPL

I hope Gio has got this right but I must confess to being puzzled
Interested to see where Arfield and Tillman actually play

He clearly just isn’t fit enough. If he was, he would have played as he is our best player.
Because he is nowhere near fit enough to start the game yet.

Its a gamble you just have to take though.

We're 2-0 down guys.

Our best this season has been merely functional. Nothing about us suggests we'll overturn this tonight.

If you lose a first leg 2-0 in Belgium, you simply need to roll the dice in the second leg. Is he fit? Isnt he? I dont know. Can he contribute and score goals? Yes. Ergo we need him now.

We're 2-0 down guys.

Our best this season has been merely functional. Nothing about us suggests we'll overturn this tonight.

If you lose a first leg 2-0 in Belgium, you simply need to roll the dice in the second leg. Is he fit? Isnt he? I dont know. Can he contribute and score goals? Yes. Ergo we need him now.
I completely disagree mate. :))

3-1 after 90 tonight. 4-2 after 120. Rangers win on pens with Alfie sticking the deciding penalty away.

Attacking formation. We need goals but also need to try and not concede. Lets to this Rangers.

We will get overrun in midfield. Who’s playing midfield? I’m not confident upon seeing this
Need a big game from Lawrence and Lundstram to break up their attacks and let Arfield get in and around the box. Needs to defend as a team with quick transition into attack.

I'm not usually one for asking new signings to jump right in, but come on to %^*&.

He played 25 games at Sheffield Utd last season, he's done a pre season, he's had no injuries and he's been with us for 3 and a bit weeks.

How can a 26 year old professional footballer not be ready to play yet?
It must be the case or we would not be playing Sands at the back.

We're 2-0 down guys.

The risk there though is that you start him and he ends up aggravating the injury he is recovering from. That might put him out for many weeks, thus scuppering our hopes in the domestic League.

I noticed on Saturday that Yilmaz pulled out of a 50/50 chase for fear of a hamstring injury. He's clearly not fully up to speed yet and Alfie is, almost certainly, behind him in terms of fitness.

Last edited:

We're 2-0 down guys.

Lets put it this way. We are going into the last 30 minutes, it's only 1-0 and Alfie has started and is now burst as not fully fit. Are you as confident if we bring on Čolak or Sakala?

Gambled a few Bob tonight

Rangers - 2 @ 11/2
Rangers - 3 @ 18/1
Rangers to score 3 goals @ 11/4
Rangers to score 4 Goals @ 8/1
Colak to score 2 @ 12/1

Rangers to win both halves @ 4/1

All £20 stakes
Bet 365 Rangers to win both halves 11/2 £40 on it.

Sure, but my view, as history plays out, If we're to progress, we'll need to hit them hard and early.

Rangers are getting through by going at them at a hundred miles an hour and getting an early goal.

Not by keeping it tight and scoring twice in the last 30.

For that reason, the exclusion of our best player is strange, to me.
It would be daft to start an unfit player in a game as big as this. You can see by the team we are playing we are going for it.

Lets put it this way. We are going into the last 30 minutes, it's only 1-0 and Alfie has started and is now burst. Are you as confident if we bring on Colak or Sakala?

No, of course not, but what you suggest is pure conjecture.

We have to put ourselves in the position of being 1-0 up first going into the last 30 minutes.

I'm happy to bow to the majority opinion which says we shouldnt start Alfie....but do we have enough to get the job done without him?

The jury is out. I hope so.

Mate I can’t see what everyone else is he is very rash at CB and gets pulled out easily and maybe it’s because he isn’t a CB but I also don’t see this player everyone else is.
Definitely interesting to see how everybody perceives a game I just think he’s extremely composed and does the simple thing very well and wins most headers considering hes not the biggest, just feel like he’s too negatively judged for no reason

Definitely interesting to see how everybody perceives a game I just think he’s extremely composed and does the simple thing very well and wins most headers considering hes not the biggest, just feel like he’s too negatively judged for no reason
I definitely don’t see him composed at the back mate.

Baws oot team and rightly so- just need the players to gel very quickly.

Was always going to be difficult with Bassey and Aribo gone and Alfie not fully ready.

The risk there though is that you start him and he ends up aggravating the injury he is recovering from. That might put him out for many weeks, thus scuppering out hopes in the domestic League.

I noticed on Saturday that Yilmaz pulled out of a 50/50 chase for fear of a hamstring injury. He's clearly not fully up to speed yet and Alfie is, almost certainly, behind him in terms of fitness.

Take all that on board.

My thinking was more...its a roll of the dice with Alfie and fitness but one worth taking given the magnitude of whats at stake tonight.

Them lapping up the Champions League millions off our labour whilst we fall at the first hurdle (and i'll be candid, i thought PSV or Monaco would be a test, but not this, over two legs), thats grim for us.

Good solid team and plenty of options from the bench, I just hope that we start with a high tempo and get right at them. Not only will this unsettle them but it will get the crowd going right at the start and we can feed off the energy from each other and put USG to the sword. Get It Done Rangers!

Back