MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still buzzing from last night.
Thought that atmosphere was phenomenal for the full 90 minutes plus the build up.
Tillman & Lawrence standouts for me, Colak showing what he can bring - think we’ve missed a real poacher up top at times over the past few seasons - aye he doesn’t bring what Morelos does to the team but that in the long run has to be a good thing.
Barisic was getting pelters around me first half as everything went square to Sands or he missed a clear chance to put a through ball into space for Kent. Came into it in the 2nd half though & looked more like the player he can be when he’s on it.

As for that ref - f***in hell never thought I’d ever say this but he almost had me wishing we had Clancy or Robertson he was that bad.
Absolutely clueless throughout.

What a difference it is to have the away goals rule scrapped. At 3-2 up the last 10 minutes would have been nerve wrecking. The crowd gets anxious and that's when mistakes are made. Last night we knew a goal for them would have taken the game into extra time. Not ideal but a lot better than trying to score two very late goals to stay in.

Took the early flight back to Luton this morning, bunch of Dundee Utd fans on it for their game in Holland tomorrow.

Luckily I had my headphones with me. That accent :eek:

I didn't think it sounded much on RTV, but seeing a fair few comment on it and wondering if possibly just turned down or not picked up on TV coverage.
Sounded a bit like a Sunday SPFL game type atmosphere on the telly anyways!
Due to work I had to listen to it on the radio and it seemed the crowd was amazing and the commentators kept referring to the noise levels so I wouldn't be surprised if the TV ""blocked"" or toned down the crowd to be heard . Ps I don't ever want to listen to the game on the radio when driving my taxi...my poor passengers were shitting themselves .

Thank f*ck for that.

I thought if we were going to get through it would be extra time or pens best case scenario.

GVB has an excellent knack of figuring out the opposition by the 2nd leg and set us up accordingly.

Lots of positives, mainly the link up already between Kent and Lawrence.

Well done to the poster who pointed out that it is PSV and not PSG we are now playing as I had said.. AT my age we get over excited with fantastic wins and have no idea what we are talking about. Will probably happen again I expect but I dont care as we just keep beating whoever we play or what they are called.
CL here we come.

Still on a high after that result last night but it has to be said.

That referee tonight made Clancy look like a superstar. Quite possibly he could be the worst ref I have ever seen,

Tom on RTV tonight was mental, sometimes I wonder if he's actually paying attention?!

"He's already been booked!" No he's not Tom.
"And, that's surely a second booking?" No Tom, no it isn't.
"Great ball from Tillman", that's Matondo Tom.
They both got the bookings wrong!

Just in, what a night. Lawrence was fantastic, Colak getting better with every game, Tilman has got ‘it’, new players settling in nicely and tonight will do their confidence the world of good. Tonight will tell them what Rangers are all about.

Even a detour through Royston, no idea how I ended up there, can’t dampen my spirits.

Glass of wine poured, away to watch videos from tonight.

WATP, never let the filth forget it.
Just checking bud... did you make it out alright, or do we need to send in a SWAT team?

Well done to the poster who pointed out that it is PSV and not PSG we are now playing as I had said.. AT my age we get over excited with fantastic wins and have no idea what we are talking about. Will probably happen again I expect but I dont care as we just keep beating whoever we play or what they are called.
CL here we come.
Ok just to clarify for you:

Last night was U-S-G

Next week is P-S-V

The final will be P-S-G

Now is that clear ;)

I voted Kent when I meant to go for Tillman just above him on the list. Watching it again I might go for Lundstram but a few of our players grew on the night and hoping that match with be a catalyst for ruthlessness.

Didn't get to catch the game last night as I was at a gig so could only check in now and then. Watched the full game back there and it was a great performance. The players responded so well and the fans were terrific.

Tillman is some player and that really was quite a leap for his goal. Lawrence is also brilliant, he is going to be some signing and well done to big Colak on keeping the goals coming in.

So happy we got through that game and PSV up next. Who again, we shouldn't be fearing although it will be tough.

Get in there the Gers.

I didn't think it sounded much on RTV, but seeing a fair few comment on it and wondering if possibly just turned down or not picked up on TV coverage.
Sounded a bit like a Sunday SPFL game type atmosphere on the telly anyways!
Still to watch it on RTV but if thats the case its a pity it was a great atmosphere.The crowd were straight on to everything for most of the game. Whether it was winning possession, good play or remonstrating with probably one of the worst referees I've seen at that level.
I'm sure it had an effect on USG particularly when we drew level. Lundstram set the tone for me prematch and he got what he expected from the crowd.

I didn’t expect us to go through tonight. Why not? Nearly 70 years watching the teddies in Europe and I’ve never witnessed until tonight that we overcame a 2-0 deficit. Hence, my cautious approach. I can’t believe we have broken a hoodoo. What a team we have. Tav, Collak and the rest all came good in the 2nd half. Pleased that we have PSV, as it will suit our style of play. Monoco might have been a tougher hurdle. Let’s do it!
Awesome display by the Gers last night. I think the main reason you’ve never witnessed us comeback from a 2-0 first leg deficit is because we’ve only been beaten 2-0 in the first away leg once before in the 80s.

Are there proper highlights anywhere?

Was a special one last night. Sons 4th time at Ibrox, first win and what a win!

Awesome display by the Gers last night. I think the main reason you’ve never witnessed us comeback from a 2-0 first leg deficit is because we’ve only been beaten 2-0 in the first away leg once before in the 80s.
Did Victoria Zizkov not beat us 2-0 first leg away under McLeish?

Amazing result to turn it around at Ibrox as we've shown we can do before. Atmosphere was fantastic. Next up, PSV. Very difficult task to beat them! Think we at least need a win over here first.
Remember the 0-0 game (which I was on) - followed by the historic first ever defeat in Europe at theirs. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but would be nail biting for the return.

What a day, what a result.

And to round off a fantastic day, looks like we might get some rain here. Not much but considering we’ve had four minutes of it since the last week in May, I’ll take what I get. :)

I wonder what the new guys thought of that tonight. Must have been amazing for them.
Should certainly impress the new lads, especially as one was arguably MOM and another scored the winner. Proved once again that WATP

Tom on RTV tonight was mental, sometimes I wonder if he's actually paying attention?!

"He's already been booked!" No he's not Tom.
"And, that's surely a second booking?" No Tom, no it isn't.
"Great ball from Tillman", that's Matondo Tom.
My favourite from watching the goals back is his ‘Colak will claim that, like all good strikers do’ after Colak clearly heads the ball into the net o_O

I went for Lundstrum. He had a tremendous second half and fought like a tiger to prevent danger and was always willing to set an attack up and get in the box too.

Back