Kent

Really hope this is the turning point for him.
He has been terrible but hopefully the monkey is now off his back he grows in confidence
Now onto a hat trick at anfield please

It’s all in his head, hopefully this kick starts him to play they way we know he can and starts bagging more goals.

Just knew this would be a thread after that. He was absolutely shocking today, looked totally disinterested and lazy. Decent assist, and a goal when the game is already done against 10 men.

Ryan Kent is not suddenly a good player. I'd be delighted if he goes on a run of form from here but he won't. His overall performance was really poor.

If my patience with Kent was a tank of petrol after the Dundee United game I was down to the vapours but today was a 100% improvement.

Just knew this would be a thread after that. He was absolutely shocking today, looked totally disinterested and lazy. Decent assist, and a goal when the game is already done against 10 men.

Ryan Kent is not suddenly a good player. I'd be delighted if he goes on a run of form from here but he won't. His overall performance was really poor.
Come on mate really?

What you think of his cross for the first goal?

The smile on his face showed how much it meant to him.

He knows himself that he hasn't done enough, but it's not for a lack of trying.

Though at times he is guilty of switching off and not being as ruthless as we'd all like him to be.

But those moments where he is fully present and going for it, and with a wee bit of luck on his side, he is the 7m pound player we all know he can be.

Hopefully this gives him the confidence to be at it every game now.

this is getting mentioned a ridiculous amount of times.

Do you honestly think it's a confidence issue? he simply not consistent enough for us over a league campaign, we've had a few seasons now to see that.
I do think he's a confidence player, and hopefully will go on a good run of performances now.

It doesn't help that defenders usually double up on him either.

I defiantly don’t subscribe to the theory that he has lost interest, can’t be arsed etc….. that’s not Ryan Kent. I honestly think the manager is trying to let him play through this and get back to form, hopefullyhat assist and goal is a step forward for him.

Come on mate really?
100%. A player that shows flashes of talent. Proven over his almost 5 years here that he is not good enough. He wasn't even good today, if you think he was I don't know what you were watching.

He's not scored since December last year. Absolutely embarrassing the folk on here all of a sudden back in his corner after an assist and a goal by the time the game was over and the hearts players are mentally back in the dressing room.

Barely managed to get by his man today and looks absolutely disinterested for most of the game.

100%. A player that shows flashes of talent. Proven over his almost 5 years here that he is not good enough. He wasn't even good today, if you think he was I don't know what you were watching.

He's not scored since December last year. Absolutely embarrassing the folk on here all of a sudden back in his corner after an assist and a goal by the time the game was over and the hearts players are mentally back in the dressing room.

Barely managed to get by his man today and looks absolutely disinterested for most of the game
Hard to argue with that. Ive said for ages sakalas numbers are similar to his, but sakala gets slated kent is living off step overs v Dortmund. Abada and jotta are probably similar levels of ability but contribute way, way more to the scum. He needs to be told he needs to earn his place and compete for it. Hes got comfy.

this is getting mentioned a ridiculous amount of times.

Do you honestly think it's a confidence issue? he simply not consistent enough for us over a league campaign, we've had a few seasons now to see that.
Confidence plays a huge part in football

Hard to argue with that. Ive said for ages sakalas numbers are similar to his, but sakala gets slated kent is living off step overs v Dortmund. Abada and jotta are probably similar levels of ability but contribute way, way more to the scum. He needs to be told he needs to earn his place and compete for it. Hes got comfy.
And Sakala plays about 1 tenth of the minutes Kent gets yet his numbers are similar.

100% agree with everything you've said there. He doesn't need to earn his place though because he plays 90 minutes every game he is fit for and there's no consequences for his dire performances.

Back