Kent

One of every 30 crosses is going to end up with somebody getting on the end of it and scoring. Law of averages.
Any lower and the Hearts defender would have nudged it away. Any higher and Colak would have had to jump. Colak asked him to make that exact cross. A thing of beauty.

I'm going to defend RK. Great cross for first goal and excellent finish for 4th. All wingers are inconsistent and can have spells where they create nothing then the odd moment of brilliance. I just wish his moments of brilliance would happen more often.

Although he's not producing these in every game, and in some games he doesn't beat a man the entire 90, his work rate is always there and he never stops running and tracks back a lot more than most wingers. That side of his game is really important for the team and I don't think it should be overlooked.

Let's all hope he's up for it against Liverpool and gives them huge problems the way he did with Dortmund, Red Star etc last season, who simply couldn't live with him!

I'm going to defend RK. Great cross for first goal and excellent finish for 4th. All wingers are inconsistent and can have spells where they create nothing then the odd moment of brilliance. I just wish his moments of brilliance would happen more often.

Although he's not producing these in every game, and in some games he doesn't beat a man the entire 90, his work rate is always there and he never stops running and tracks back a lot more than most wingers. That side of his game is really important for the team and I don't think it should be overlooked.

Let's all hope he's up for it against Liverpool and gives them huge problems the way he did with Dortmund, Red Star etc last season, who simply couldn't live with him!
I agree maybe yesterday will give him confidence again but to say all wingers are inconsistent that's possibly true but 1goal since December is ridiculous

The George Michael look alike the crash barriers signed is producing goals and assists for roughly the same transfer fee

I came in thinking this was going to be about him refusing a new contract.
I won't derail the thread, saying more.

He's poor. One goal in injury time at 3 0 for me doesn't mask his ineffectualness. Sakala created more in the short time he was on. Matondo created more. For his ability he should be doing more imo.
Did Sakala have an assist and a goal?

At least make your comments factually correct before trying to criticise a guy that done really well yesterday

I thought he was dreadful yesterday up until his goal in the dying seconds.Couldn’t beat his man,slack passing and lazy attitude.Aye he scored a wonderful goal and put in a cross that led to the first,but we all know there’s a much better player in there that can drive at defenders and put the fear into any defence.I’ve faith he’ll come good again,but who knows whether he’s thinking about a new challenge at this stage.

I thought he was dreadful yesterday up until his goal in the dying seconds.Couldn’t beat his man,slack passing and lazy attitude.Aye he scored a wonderful goal and put in a cross that led to the first,but we all know there’s a much better player in there that can drive at defenders and put the fear into any defence.I’ve faith he’ll come good again,but who knows whether he’s thinking about a new challenge at this stage.
He gets criticism for not scoring.

He scores and assists in the same game and still gets criticised :))

Strange one for me yesterday
He seemed to almost look disinterested at times. Played some really poor simple looking passes. I’d be interested in his number of touches stats to see if they were down on his average.
However his goal was well taken

I really hope he can string a few good performances together

Strange one for me yesterday
He seemed to almost look disinterested at times. Played some really poor simple looking passes. I’d be interested in his number of touches stats to see if they were down on his average.
However his goal was well taken

I really hope he can string a few good performances together
All the evidence is against that happening.

Yesterday I was of the opinion he was on his last legs with us with his constant poor form, maybe it was time for a change of style from Gio.
He proved his worth, at last crosses and shot at goal. Well done Ryan, now keep it up.

Assist and a goal today so can’t ask for better

Match thread had many comments about him being shite.

He’s a winger, they are by default inconsistent but Kent is one of the very few I’m out squad capable of doing something exceptional….. especially since big Joe left.

this is getting mentioned a ridiculous amount of times.

Do you honestly think it's a confidence issue? he simply not consistent enough for us over a league campaign, we've had a few seasons now to see that.
Been mentioned by people like Brian Laudrup and Neil McCann
How outrageous that a notorious thrive on confidence position, would get confidence from an assist and a goal.

Match thread had many comments about him being shite.

He’s a winger, they are by default inconsistent but Kent is one of the very few I’m out squad capable of doing something exceptional….. especially since big Joe left.
When did he last do something exceptional ?
I agree that wingers can be inconsistent but he takes the Biscuit

So he was dreadful.. apart from assisting a goal and scoring a goal in a traditionally hostile ground?

He was poor for the most part but the two things he did were absolute quality. Putting in a cross like that with his 'weaker' foot, and then the cut inside and finish for the goal.

Arguably the most gifted player in our team when he's on it. Just needs to be far more often.

When Kent and Morelos are really 'on it' we are a totally different animal.

He’s a player that you can see in his body language how he’s feeling.

Leipzig at home, bolt upright, terrified them early on and had a real hunger about him. That’s not really been present this season, shoulders have been slumped, looked lethargic. He looked much happier yesterday, the goal looked like a relief to him.

We wish we'd Romario in his heyday, strolling around the park the whole match, scoring two or three goals out of the blue, then dissapearing again until full time.

He would be no doubt receiving some rollickings from people here.

Brilliant ball in for the first goal.
Brilliant goal to round of the scoring.
Poor for the most part in between.

Anyone disagree?
That sums up my take on his performance today. If that last goal doesn't go in I guarantee he's slated by all on here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take a goal and an assist every week, but the rest of his performance was piss poor. We still need so much more from him, but it's a good start.

Just you wait!

There was one rocket on the match thread wanting him subbed and released!
It's alright having a moan but when players struggle they need our support even more not thrown out the door but given the chance and encouragement to turn it around!

Winger in cross ball sensation!!

200.gif

He performed poorly for 90mins, then scored a good goal.
That about sums it up.
I agree. Are we now saying that our standard is a player who puts one good cross into the box in 90 mins and scores a goal in the dying seconds of the match when the game was over and the opposing team had all but given up ? Is that what we are saying? If so why not keep glen Middleton.

Yes I know - RK is head and shoulders above GM or actually to be factually correct WAS. But we certainly are not seeing it right now.

He has been awful for months. Not weeks. Months. One goal this season is not enough. One good cross a game is not enough.

Where is the hard working, back tracking, fit RK we saw two seasons ago? For too long we have accepted mediocrity from him as we all were waiting on his confidence to return and him to spark.

He’s not been good enough, and a good cross and goal yesterday doesn’t change that. Other than those two elements yesterday he was poor.

If we are accepting this as the standard we can forget the league.

Unless he now goes on a dazzling run, playing consistently like he used to, making runs into the box and making more than one cross into the box and scoring more than his dismissal effort last year - we can forget it. We need more from someone who gets the shirt week in, week out.

I hope he proves me wrong. But I’ve hoped that for nearly two seasons now.

Just seen on football transfer tavern, football insider & a couple of other places he's rejected a big money offer from us.
Hope it's just bs.

Hard to argue with that. Ive said for ages sakalas numbers are similar to his, but sakala gets slated kent is living off step overs v Dortmund. Abada and jotta are probably similar levels of ability but contribute way, way more to the scum. He needs to be told he needs to earn his place and compete for it. Hes got comfy.

Sakala's are way better comparing playing time.

Back