If you could relive any game from the past what would you pick

Leipzig. I don’t think that’s recency bias, it was just the most incredible night I’ve ever experienced.

Honourable mention for a game probably outside most peoples list - Kilmarnock to win the title with the 3 goals in 7 minutes. Wonderful day. Just a big party.

Liepzig again.

The home game against St Mirren during 55 was something special though. I barely remember the score but pre and post match I’ll never forget.

Rangers 2-0 Falkirk. November 1995. Pretty unremarkable, run of the mill league game - but my first. Would love to go back and experience walking into Ibrox for the first time, cheesy as it may sound.
From more recent memory, another shout for Liepzig. What a f.uckin night

Rangers 2-0 Falkirk. November 1995. Pretty unremarkable, run of the mill league game - but my first. Would love to go back and experience walking into Ibrox for the first time, cheesy as it may sound.
From more recent memory, another shout for Liepzig. What a f.uckin night
Not cheesy at all mate. First game for any of us is a landmark memory.

I’d like to relive the Lovenkrands Final again - I was 14 at the time would love to relive that as an adult for the party afterwards I remember my dad and uncle being hungover as %^*& the next day and and going to see my uncle on the Sunday and he had a massive carpet burn down his nose as he tried to recreate the winning diving header when he got home and burnt his nose on the carpet.

Florentina away I’d like to re-live as I’d broke my ankle and watched it in the house whereas my a few of my mates were out for it and it sounded like a great night out.

And of course Leipzig at home was an incredible day. Changed a family holiday to fly home from Dubai on the morning of the game. Landed and got home showered change and back out for a few drinks and the match, just an incredible day and night all round.

Was at my boss‘es and friend funeral on Friday a real sad loss, anyway had to beg him to get the week off to go to Seville.
He said what is it with you football lot, he said that the big boss had said the Leipzig game was was the best night of his life, wee boss said “what about the birth of your kids being born” big boss says “nah Leipzig”:D

My very favourite-in the away end-just brilliant

Likewise mate. An incredible atmosphere in our end that day. There was a woman standing next to us absolutely done up, like she was going to a party right after the Game or something. Should've seen the shape of her after three minutes :D

Leipzig at home. Only time I’ve cried at a game. Would give anything to live those final moments and scenes after full time. The greatest night in Ibrox history and nothing comes close.
Another vote here.

Clear as day, I can still see Glen Kamara passing that ball into the far corner from, my perspective in CF5, seemed like the halfway line. That split second of silence, then the main stand side of the Broomloan start jump up and give the signal for the rest of the stadium to follow suit with an awesome roar.

Watched it back %^*& knows how many times since that night but the TV just doesn't do it justice. I remember the place literally bouncing and I was just stood there, taking it all in. It was like a dream.

Could do without the last 10 minutes or so after Lundstram restored our 2-goal lead. Felt like 10 years :eek:

Last edited:
A wee bit of nostalgia for a Saturday night . If you could go back and relive any game what would you pick . I’ve three , 87 skol cup final v sheep , dynamo Kiev at Ibrox and 5-1 v the Tim’s ( first time
So many too choose , but those three are my favourites of all time and throw on the 2002 Scottish cup final

Leipzig was incredible, got videos on my phone that will last a lifetime, I was there with my son.

I'd do it all again tomorrow.

Leipzig - I had Covid and probably never enjoyed it as much as I should have.

Helicopter Sunday - Wasn't at the game, was only 16, but I don't think the sheer ecstasy I experienced that day will ever be repeated.

Helicopter Sunday as It was just about a year or two before I started going to away games so was old enough to be aware of it but not the full experience.

Leipzig befor that bit controversy 1-0 against the scum 1989 and Mo jo scores last minute winner they still have not got over or recovered from it

From my youth not a win game but the 4-4 game at our house when ray wilkins scored a screamer was and is probably 1 of the best games for emotions I’ve seen between us and them

Random one here, rangers v hearts march I think 1975, tommy mclean got a last min winner at rangers end in a 2-1 win. That's the day I started to think we could win the league and stop their 10.
Prob only me minds that day, can't mind who tried to score, cruikshank saved ball spun out to tommy edge of the box and he slotted home last minute.

Leipzig.

Was like an out of body experience.

Flew to Benidorm at 07:00 the next morning and don’t think I slept due to buzz till about Friday evening.

Forfar league cup semi final early 80s. I got paraded around the track by a police officer whilst the game was on until my uncle, who was in the terraces, picked me out. I lost my uncle who was taking me to my first game. Memorable for me and my uncle!!

Scottish Cup Final 2002
Rangers 3-2 Celtic

We were never beaten that day, both on the park and in the stands. They took the lead twice but we fought back on both occasions and I always remember that we out sang them the entire game, even after their goals we got right behind the team. The second equaliser was a tremendous free kick from Barry Ferguson who was at his absolute best on the day and the cherry on the icing on the cake was the euphoria of Lovenkrands’ last minute winner. Perfect day.

Special mention to Florence 2008 and 4-2 game at the Piggery with Pedro Mendes’ screamer.

Back