Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Worth noting that their signings are on much lower wages now, I was also told that there’s issues with George Michael.

They are getting results but the noises coming out are that issues are around the corner, fingers crossed but sadly I have a source close to them through a relationship and it’s often spot on

Hope there was they buried him thinking he’s deed

I read something on the BBC website about their new striker. The manager said something like 'he's the striker that I really wanted' yet they were chasing a different South Korean striker for the last 3 weeks?

Why? We need to start signing players that improve the starting XI. Nesbitt would just be another signing that would be on the bench most weeks.
No resale value either. He’s 26 nearly.
His goals record prior to injury was pretty mediocre. 9 in 42 games.

We should be all over that.
Nothing to be "all over".

Most SPL clubs will simply not sell a player to us and this has been the case for 15 years.

The "wannabe third force" would rather sell to an English Championship/Italian Serie B side for £1-3m than selling to us for any price. It normally ends with them finishing in the bottom six or fighting relegation tooth and nail but they prefer it this way.

If there is a hint of our interest in a player and another club, anywhere in the world, bids for an Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts player and they notice that the player is 12-24 months from the end of the contract they will try to up the bid and then accept.

That's just the way it is. They will not wilfully sell players to us. The ones that end up with us are on pre-contract agreements.

Nothing to be "all over".

Most SPL clubs will simply not sell a player to us and this has been the case for 15 years.

The "wannabe third force" would rather sell to an English Championship/Italian Serie B side for £1-3m than selling to us for any price. It normally ends with them finishing in the bottom six or fighting relegation tooth and nail but they prefer it this way.

If there is a hint of our interest in a player and another club, anywhere in the world, bids for an Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts player and they notice that the player is 12-24 months from the end of the contract they will try to up the bid and then accept.

That's just the way it is. They will not wilfully sell players to us. The ones that end up with us are on pre-contract agreements.

Even Hearts played hardball with Souttar when he only had 6 months left.

Watford paying 200k for Porteous apparently...

So Hibs are about to get rid of two of their best players. They are just going to go into free fall.

I expect them to be hanging about the bottom three.

I thought Porteous might try Italy if there was any genuine interest there. It might help him settle down and it would definitely make him a better player.

So Hibs are about to get rid of two of their best players. They are just going to go into free fall.

I thought Porteous might try Italy if there was any genuine interest there. It might help him settle down and it would definitely make him a better player.

If he's signing for Watford, he's nigh-on signing for Udinese as well, given their links.

He was linked with Udinese, whose owners own Watford.

Udinese signed Hassane Kamara for something like £16m in the summer and loaned him back to Watford where he already was, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Udinese at some point.

Back