The media deliberately avoiding the lack of yellow cards for Celtc

muttley

They won't talk about it, they won't even mention it in passing, but its clear to anyone who watches Scottish football that this is a major problem for Scottish football, as much as the debate surrounding VAR. The ludicrous and disproportionate yellow cards and even a red card issued to Hibs against Celtc, when both clubs committed almost the same amount of fouls at the piggery on Saturday, only amplified and highlighted the issue even more. The media can't continue to pretend that they cannot see what everyone else does.

The Scottish media on this

a22713e4-ab8e-462a-991b-43c58ea0ebdb_text.gif

I'd like to see the foul to card ratio for them.
It's disgusting.
I think the home figures were they need to commit 4 times the fouls that anyone else does to get carded. But interestingly that falls away in Europe.
You know, when they catch people cheating in exams or fixing matches, they don't visually see them do it. They catch them via the numbers.

I wish there was a genuine way to ask Beale via our fan media about this anomaly every single season without hanging our fan media and Beale out to dry.

I know as soon as it’s mentioned the gutter Tim mainstream media would run barefoot along the Gallogate straight to the Steak Pie with arms asking what his response is and how dare big bad Rangers highlight this obvious tactic employed by our scum referees.

You’d think a fouls to cards ratio so significantly better than every other club in Scotland for years would warrant one of those nauseating articles from their media cheerleaders about how amazing they are at not getting booked.

The silence suggests they know it’s not in their club’s interest to highlight it.

one of the slightly funny bits about it is when they get their usual pumping in Europe, you can even see the players react like "I'm not supposed to be booked for that"

if the Scottish media ever decided to have a debate about it, thed add us in there and "all those penalties we get"
I remember Bodo Glimt scoring against them after a player scudding McGregor, winning the ball then setting up the striker to finish, we've been conditioned to think that would be brought back as foul to Celtc. No, euro refs don't give a %^*& about the nonce fvcks.

one of the slightly funny bits about it is when they get their usual pumping in Europe, you can even see the players react like "I'm not supposed to be booked for that"

if the Scottish media ever decided to have a debate about it, they'd add us in there and "all those penalties we get"

Scott Brown always looked puzzled when the refs had the audacity to book him in Europe.

They won't talk about it, they won't even mention it in passing, but its clear to anyone who watches Scottish football that this is a major problem for Scottish football, as much as the debate surrounding VAR. The ludicrous and disproportionate yellow cards and even a red card issued to Hibs against Celtc, when both clubs committed almost the same amount of fouls at the piggery on Saturday, only amplified and highlighted the issue even more. The media can't continue to pretend that they cannot see what everyone else does.
What’s new?

just seen on the bbc website that there player took his top off after he scored i thought you always got a yellow card for that, skysports website says they got a yellow card i guess it was for that

Last edited:
A boy phoned in to Clyde about that,he was very reasonable and provided figures to back up his argument.Keevins tried to ridicule him and the other guy was waffling on about not every foul is a yellow card.The pair of them were not prepared to discuss it or even try to dismantle the callers reasoning.Clearly because they knew he was right.

Remember though every referee , linesmen , VAR panellist, SFA/ SPFL top brass are all Masons :cool:
Headed by brothers Clancy and collum

Seriously though of the cards they do get how many are later in the match when games won

A player getting booked early doors can certainly change their game as walking a tightrope

Celtic's last 7 league games :

Celtic

Fouls - 66
Yellow Cards - 4 (1 every 16.5 fouls)
Red Cards - 0

Opponents

Fouls - 53
Yellow Cards - 13 (1 every 4 fouls)
Red Cards - 3

There was a 3 match run (v Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Hearts) where Celtic committed 26 fouls and got zero yellow cards.

Also, 75% of the yellow cards they did get came inside the last 20 minutes. 50% of them inside the last 10 minutes.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but I've done occasional similar checks over the past couple of seasons and these figures are pretty much the norm. Celtic have a much higher fouls to bookings ratio than their opponents and get booked much later in the game, so players aren't walking that tightrope for as long in matches. It's surely time someone asked why this anomaly exists over such a sustained period.

It was obvious in the Hibs game. Celtic player not booked for giving away a penalty by tugging a Hibs player’s strip, but Hibs player booked for tussle with Celtic player who takes a dive to the ground. The inconsistency is so obvious.
I think every tug of an opposition player’s strip should result in a booking. It’s the only thing that will stop this cheating.

Unlike the paedo harbours, the numbers don't lie and the obvious discrepancy when playing in Europe is the exact reason Rangers should be shouting from the rooftops for European referees.

However I was posting about this over ten years ago and still not a peep from our club. This has to come from Board level but Stewart Robertson is too much of a timid people pleasing apologist to even contemplate speaking up about something that has undoubtedly cost us trophies.

A poster on here explained this phenomenon. Celtic players dont commit bookable offences, apparently.

Celtic's last 7 league games :

Celtic

Fouls - 66
Yellow Cards - 4 (1 every 16.5 fouls)
Red Cards - 0

Opponents

Fouls - 53
Yellow Cards - 13 (1 every 4 fouls)
Red Cards - 3

There was a 3 match run (v Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Hearts) where Celtic committed 26 fouls and got zero yellow cards.

Also, 75% of the yellow cards they did get came inside the last 20 minutes. 50% of them inside the last 10 minutes.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but I've done occasional similar checks over the past couple of seasons and these figures are pretty much the norm. Celtic have a much higher fouls to bookings ratio than their opponents and get booked much later in the game, so players aren't walking that tightrope for as long in matches. It's surely time someone asked why this anomaly exists over such a sustained period.

It was noticable in the live text feed from the BBC on Saturday's game that Hibs appear to have received two bookings for their first two fouls (resulting in the sending off) and 5 bookings in their first 6 fouls. The first foul, of course, was actually a foul by the beasts but awarded against hibs.

The beasts received no bookings for any of their fouls, only for the jersey removal after the goal.

The decisions on Saturday were laughable at the piggery yet it’s Rangers all over the rhags scrutinising every goal, booking or whatever else the pricks want to print. Unfuckingbelievable.

Unlike the paedo harbours, the numbers don't lie and the obvious discrepancy when playing in Europe is the exact reason Rangers should be shouting from the rooftops for European referees.

However I was posting about this over ten years ago and still not a peep from our club. This has to come from Board level but Stewart Robertson is too much of a timid people pleasing apologist to even contemplate speaking up about something that has undoubtedly cost us trophies.

I called Radio Clyde about this years ago. Delahunt was on with Keevins and neither could explain this. They just moved on to the next caller.

Said it many times before. Rangers should employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies spouted by the Scottish media and the resulting effect it has on footballing authorities and others in positions of power. Name and shame both the bigots and the cowards that attack our club and our fans.

Back