Name one player you always hoped we would sign

Stuart Pearce.
Regular rumour back in the Souness days.
What an addition he'd have been to our defence , which wasn't all that bad back then !.

George Best when he was at Fulham.

My dad kept saying he was a Rangers man and if we went for him he would come to us.

Never realistic, but then he ended up at Hibs!

Gary McAllister back in the day. Was always linked but never materialised.

Also remember thinking when he was at Southampton that kid Alan Shearer was amazing, and would have liked us to have gone for him. Unbelievably, he was a player we could maybe have got at the time!

Crespo - just to steal him from under the noses of Bheast FC as he was 100% certain to sign for them - wasn’t he??? :) :) :) ;)

Dennis Law, although it was always a non starter

In the 80s/90s glory days, Alan Shearer ....and of course Jardel (plus his missus, of course)

Also Kevin Phillips and Robbie Earnshaw round about the time Murray was starting to downsize

One for the older Bears. As a kid I split my football watching with Dad between Dumbarton and Ibrox and I desperately wanted Rangers to buy Ian Wallace before he went down to Coventry City. I think I'm right in saying that Ian became one of the first £million pound transfers when he subsequently went on to Nottingham Forrest.

Van Nistelrooy. Can you just imagine how good we would have been if we had got him

We wouldn’t have signed Flo 12-18 months later who seems to epitomise the wasted money by DM. Maybe DA would have reigned the spending in if he got him or maybe we would have came through our CL group and we very much could have won the CL given Valencia played Bayern in the final that year.

Before he went to them, Craig Gordon. Always thought he'd end up playing for us at some point.

Fowler was mine being a Liverpool fan.

On the Scottish scene I always wanted us to get Tam McManus for some reason

Wanted McGinn & Cummings after the second championship season, always thought it was a stick on Cummings would sign but was never too sure about McGinn.

Latest posts

Back